Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

Garth Crookes is beside himself with grief;

Mark Hughes will be devastated. Bertrand scores a wonder goal to put Southampton in a good position, they defend very well until Gray scores.

Now, Maguire pinches it.

You can just feel the angst in this :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Win is a win, might not be playing well st the moment... but we’ve developed a knack of not going away, I’ll take it. All heading in the right direction! 

This exactly, we’re still evolving and winning ugly.

Fine by me. 

22 minutes ago, mick47 said:

Next game I'd put Harry up front, at least he can find the net.

Seriously, Harry up front may be a viable end of match strategy when down a goal. That's why I wasn't apoplectic when Claude went conservative up a man. It does allow for McGuire to push up into the attack without too much concern that you're opening yourself up going the other way

Edited by TeaMen Tom

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Mark Hughes will be devastated. Bertrand scores a wonder goal to put Southampton in a good position, they defend very well until Gray scores.

Now, Maguire pinches it.

What, keeping us out for four minutes after they scored?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

im absolutely buzzing i jumped around when maguire scored (was not expecting that) we should have tried harder after the sending off. but im chuffed! if we can play shit and get results all season im down for that! we have no need to worry we have a gd squad! Madison will become a legend here im sure! 

• Like 1

Just now, Line-X said:

That's a bit rich given your post on the match thread. 

Saying that I do agree with you entirely, if only you'd made that point in your original post - which you didn't. 

you didn't understand the context of my thread in the match thread - I wasn't complaining about Puel's tactics or this game - I was complaining about our lack of efficiency when it comes to signing players for the right positions and then actually using them there.

we're playing new players that we've just signed out of their position already and shoehorning other players into the team who shouldn't really be in there.

it's not a problem with this game - it's a problem we've had since Pearson left - even more so since winning the PL. we sign good players, sometimes young with promise - but we then either don't play them, play them but in the wrong position, keep playing them until they're on their last legs. 

it's a club-wide recruitment issue - the lack of a long-term plan. 

I'm Puel in, have been since the start and remain so. I personally didn't see much wrong with our play today but Southampton were shite and we didn't get going until they scored.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Now, Maguire pinches it.

Garth crookes gets even more upset when his shop runs out of pies.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

you didn't understand the context of my thread in the match thread - I wasn't complaining about Puel's tactics or this game - I was complaining about our lack of efficiency when it comes to signing players for the right positions and then actually using them there.

we're playing new players that we've just signed out of their position already and shoehorning other players into the team who shouldn't really be in there.

it's not a problem with this game - it's a problem we've had since Pearson left - even more so since winning the PL. we sign good players, sometimes young with promise - but we then either don't play them, play them but in the wrong position, keep playing them until they're on their last legs. 

it's a club-wide recruitment issue - the lack of a long-term plan. 

I'm Puel in, have been since the start and remain so. I personally didn't see much wrong with our play today but Southampton were shite and we didn't get going until they scored.

No I understand it entirely. As I said, you didn't express any of that in your original post. 

Sometimes it's more important to be a lucky manager as opposed to a good manager. Puel and us are certainly using up our luck. Most bizarre decision was to sub Gray & Maddison when they were down to 10. Anyway a wins a win. 

Yes we were shite for about an hour but the lads did well to come from behind and win away from home with Harrys money shot at the end. Last minute winners are what we live for. It also means that we can look forward to having a good week knowing that we are above Man Ure in the leage. Oh and Norwich getting stuffed as well. Get in.

Just now, Line-X said:

No I understand it entirely. As I said, you didn't express any of that in your original post. 

well, I have expressed it, expanded on it and now you understand. 

so there was nothing rich about my original post in the match thread - happy days.

we can all have a wonderful evening. 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

LOL. That faceplant on the concrete isn't going to do Harry's handsome, beautiful face much good.

That faceplant on the concrete isn't going to do the concrete much good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First half was a bit of a mess, gave Southampton too much time on the ball and space in our half. Little to no urge going forward from our side, happy to let the Saints attacks peel off our back four.

In a way, I'm glad we conceded first. It was a much-needed wake-up call. To nick a win this late into the game whilst still not playing good football is a sign of a good team.

A bit more drive forward couldn't hurt, though. All a bit stale today.

I'll take that win and it's mightily important we can show that we're able to win games in this league without Vardy (even though I can't wait for him to return).

We're no longer a two-man team. I like that.

Just now, sishades said:

Yes we were shite for about an hour but the lads did well to come from behind and win away from home with Harrys money shot at the end. Last minute winners are what we live for. It also means that we can look forward to having a good week knowing that we are above Man Ure in the leage. Oh and Norwich getting stuffed as well. Get in.

Why don’t you like Norwich?