Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Sometimes it's more important to be a lucky manager as opposed to a good manager. Puel and us are certainly using up our luck. Most bizarre decision was to sub Gray & Maddison when they were down to 10. Anyway a wins a win. 

It wasn't Madders best game and he was largely ineffectual so I understand that one and thought Ghezall had some nice touches (his chip) when he came on.

Gray - totally agree. Despite some poor decisions he played quite well and looked like one of our most dangerous players throughout.

• Like 1

6 points from the first three games with Man United away included is an excellent return. 

Shame its not 7 points now but that would be greedy :p

Plenty to be optimistic about, if we end up finishing 7th then who cares how we play? 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

well, I have expressed it, expanded on it and now you understand. 

so there was nothing rich about my original post in the match thread - happy days.

we can all have a wonderful evening. 

You think? 

"I just can't for the life of me figure out why this fvcking football club can't have a single god-damn transfer window where we ACTUALLY IMPROVE THE FVCKING TEAM so we can stop putting round pegs in square holes. 

same fvcking thing year after year after year after year"

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

we can all have a wonderful evening. 

Fair play. 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Puel generally seems to find a way to win, how much of it is luck I don’t know but he did at Southampton and now here. 

This league is full of average teams and we are just a little bit better than them. 

I fancy us against Liverpool next week. 

I like your optimism.

Some might call it foolish, I'd call it insane.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

This past two games has given that horrible remembrance when Peter Taylor was winning games but we was playing dreadful! 

I was thinking of that too, we got to the summit before plunging, doubt that will happen this time because the owners would not allow it if things go wrong:sweating:

Thought Mendy was good again, tidy and didn’t do too much wrong. Going to be a consistent 7 out of 10 player. Chilwell good again. 

Looks like Iheanacho isn’t going to take his opportunity, poor again. Clearly not a lone front man. 

Problem with young forwards is decision making is inconsistent but if we stick with them they could work. 

I’ll take any win even more so when it’s going to piss off Mark Hughes. Ever so excited for his moaning. Again though it’s took us going behind to start playing. Chilwell was fantastic today I thought. 

I think after the first three league games we are where a lot of people would’ve expected us to be. 

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

This past two games has given that horrible remembrance when Peter Taylor was winning games but we was playing dreadful! 

He bought a load of crap though and didn't have a clue.

Puel has changed our style of play, fazing out the old guard and has bought players that are better than we had, Whilst the performance haven't been great over the last two games you can see progression whereas Taylor was a charlatan without a plan. 

• Like 4