Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

Ryan Bertrand reckons it wasn't a dive;

On Hojbjerg's second yellow card for diving: "He's been tackled on the edge, stumbling on two tackles and he's run 30 yards with the ball and on the third tackle he went down. It's definitely not a yellow because he could've conned the ref earlier in the first two tackles."

:Slol

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

He bought a load of crap though and didn't have a clue.

Puel has changed our style of play, fazing out the old guard and has bought players that are better than we had, Whilst the performance haven't been great over the last two games you can see progression whereas Taylor was a charlatan without a plan. 

They're from Devonshire

Speaking to Claude's conservative tactics I do think that with so much turnover in the squad his number one focus is keeping the ball out of the net.  The defense was far too leaky last season, especially on set pieces.  And they do appear to be taking some positive steps in that direction.  Chilwell looks a lot more steady defensively than he did last season and McGuire has really carried over the confident play he showed this summer at the World Cup.  

Offensively they're a work in progress.  Maddison goes hot and cold - much as Gray and Chilwell have been in the past.  But 3 points on the road anywhere in this league is an accomplishment so we take them and move on.

Biggest issue I see early in the game is their aggressiveness in the midfield.  It's just not there when it comes to trying to win the ball and convert defense to offense. After they gave up the goal, things changed but they wasted the first 45 for the most part because their midfield was just too timid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Ryan Bertrand reckons it wasn't a dive;

On Hojbjerg's second yellow card for diving: "He's been tackled on the edge, stumbling on two tackles and he's run 30 yards with the ball and on the third tackle he went down. It's definitely not a yellow because he could've conned the ref earlier in the first two tackles."

:Slol

So he wants the tackle he did dive for to be forgotten due to following the rules for the previous 2lol I do worry about some footballers with some of the sh1t they say lol

Luck be a lady tonight. Leicester were awful against Wolves, and awful against Southampton, yet we still won both games. I think our luck will soon run out, and we will be shown up for the average team we are. Hope i'm wrong, but that is my assessment. 

Edited by forfar4

2 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

Luck be a lady tonight. Leicester were awful against Wolves, and awful against Southampton, yet we still won both games. I think our luck will soon run out, and we will be shown up for the average team we are. Hope i'm wrong, but that is my assessment. 

Oh I love a bit of positivity on a Saturday night

2 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

its a shit assessment tbf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

we got englebert, showaddywaddy,

John merrick, Daniel Lambert don't forget.

I don't know why I'm arguing on behalf of Norwich but I raise you Matthew Pinsent and Daniel Lambert doesn't count.  He was just famous for being fat.  I could do that!  

And John Merrick was famous for being ugly.  I could do that too!

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

covered all bases there eh. so you cant go wrong.

6 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

Or we could flip that on its head and say if we are play awful, picking up wins. What happens when we play well? 

Its clear that we are a work in progress. Across all three games we’ve had poor spells, average spells and good spells. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2