Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Southampton post match 1-2 Win

6 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

Luck be a lady tonight. Leicester were awful against Wolves, and awful against Southampton, yet we still won both games. I think our luck will soon run out, and we will be shown up for the average team we are. Hope i'm wrong, but that is my assessment. 

Your assessment is shite 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FlyingFuchs said:

That’s it! That’s exactly how it feels! Good on ya for clearing up the confusion

It's like you've seen that performance, know is was shite but we got three points and it was quite exciting at the end, and I guess we should be happy? And I kind of am quite happy?

That's how I feel ha ha!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't know why I'm arguing on behalf of Norwich but I raise you Matthew Pinsent and Daniel Lambert doesn't count.  He was just famous for being fat.  I could do that!  

And John Merrick famous for being ugly.  I could do that too!

Well, Pinsent was famous for sitting down and going backwards. I could do that.

• Haha 1

Listened to maguire’s interview on 5live, I think the squad is quite aware that performances need to be better. Said the best performance was United and the other games haven’t hit those heights. 

Find it interesting most match reports are firmly painted the game as two average teams 

9 minutes ago, forfar4 said:

Luck be a lady tonight. Leicester were awful against Wolves, and awful against Southampton, yet we still won both games. I think our luck will soon run out, and we will be shown up for the average team we are. Hope i'm wrong, but that is my assessment. 

Why don't you learn something about the game instead of relying on what your eyes tell you. We controlled both games in a professional manner.

Which is why we won, not luck. Yes we rode our luck at times but that's all part of the game.

24 minutes ago, vanity said:

Do you seriously think Puel is telling the team to be timid and indifferent in possession to start games? We were a very young side today, with all the scoring burden put on players like Chilwell, Gray, Iheanacho, and Maddison, players who haven't done it at this level. Even Pereira has never faced the physicality of the Prem, They are nervy, they lack confidence at times, I can't see how this is "Puelball Bollocks" at all, he wants us to have possession and to attack the entirety of the game.

I understand where you are coming from but I do not agree entirely. A lot of them are highly praised youngsters and so shouldn't really be lacking confidence, mistakes will happen but there shouldn't be any fear of the opposition at any stage of the game. Chilwell has been around the PL for a while, Gray Also. I wasn't pointing fingers at those players regardless. This lame opening start to games lies as a collective, including Ndidi and the rest of the lot.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't know why I'm arguing on behalf of Norwich but I raise you Matthew Pinsent and Daniel Lambert doesn't count.  He was just famous for being fat.  I could do that!  

And John Merrick famous for being ugly.  I could do that too!

not quite the full picture murph,

Daniel Lambert invented mcdonalds and merrick invented elephants. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Why don't you learn something about the game instead of relying on what your eyes tell you. We controlled both games in a professional manner.

Which is why we won, not luck. Yes we rode our luck at times but that's all part of the game.

?

If you're going to tell people to go off and learn something, don't follow it up with that.

21 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Puel generally seems to find a way to win, how much of it is luck I don’t know but he did at Southampton and now here. 

This league is full of average teams and we are just a little bit better than them. 

I fancy us against Liverpool next week. 

We should play hard at least, we tend to show up against the top-6. Line-up next week will be mainly the same except Albrighton is guaranteed to start. I could see Gray starting at striker and Ghezzal on the wing opposite Albrighton, with Pereira and Chilwell at FB. Either that or Puel sticks with Amartey at RB and plays Pereira oppo Albrighton. Knowing how stubborn Puel is, that could def happen, same formation as tonight except Gray at striker and Albrighton on for Iheanacho.

20 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

“just us, a pile of chinese food and a couple of **** off spreadsheets...” 

1931E80F-86B4-4627-A53F-AB30872D03CE.jpeg

Poor lad, needs some of my Mrs's proper cholesterol special breakfasts....

3 points today gratefully accepted, a win is always good regardless of how we played.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

?

If you're going to tell people to go off and learn something, don't follow it up with that.

We didn't win because we were lucky, We won because we were the better team, Even in the first half when to some it looked like we were getting battered. The sending off was an added bonus or bit of luck if you like. Either way we were well on top 2nd half.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Looked quite alert and clever on the ball. Obviously needs more game time, but looked promising 

Absolutely agree. For someone who’s natural position is on the wing, I thought he found the pocket of space in between the midfield and defence really well. You could see clearly that he knows how to weight a pass well and that was evident when he played it deftly into Demarai who tried a neat glance which resulted in the Southampton defender nearly scoring an own goal. I was really impressed with him and his ability to be creative from the middle of the park. I can see Puel using him in this position more and more as the season progresses and it’ll provide some competition for Maddison too!

Edited by Shambles
  • Like 1