Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Liverpool ( H ) Pre Match

Hopefully Liverpool are due an off day! I think they have too much in attack for us, and expect a 3-1 loss, but we do seem to do well against the bigger teams and rarely get a hiding like many others. I'd take a draw and I don't think that is too much of a stretch. Hope Iheanacho performs well, as he hasn't taken his chance yet!

Excited for this! My first match of the season as I was away for the Wolves match. Managed to watch it in a bar in Sri Lanka though, which was quite surreal seeing you couldn't officially watch it live in the UK ! I would be happy for a draw for this one, will go for 1-1. I feel its time for one of Maddison's free kick masterpieces...

3 hours ago, the fox said:

Why are people suggesting Ghezzal? He's not ready yet! This problem keeps happening time and time again! Just ease him into the starting 11 using the next 3-4 games (if he proves he can start of course). 

Our fans overreact so much it's frustrating! One game a player is great, the next game he's trash and it's all because of the way we hand opportunities! Just 1 Cup game shouldn't mean that you are ready to start. It doesn't feel natural, it puts players in a stressful situation. Add that to some people holding agendas against certain players and that creats a toxic environment. 

Let's just take it step by step. He will have his chance to start sooner or later so there is no need to put a player with less than 90 minutes of experience in the prem through the grinder. 

Gray and Marc should start ahead of him (at least for now). They know how the team works and the shape required (defensively and offensively) far better than him. 

I think the reason for his inclusion would be simply because we've very little alternative. I'd not want to see Ricardo and Amartey at home so unless we go 3-4-1-2 it's either Albrighton or Ghezzal. The element of the unknown with Ghezzal might pay off and Albrighton is only of use out right for crossing and we've proven to be fairly average at attacking crosses with only Vardy or Iheanacho up front. Gehitghezzal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Was Lawro on crack?

BBC: Hey Lawro, you haven't predicted a Liverpool loss in over 3 seasons. Readers think you're biased.

Lawro: That's nonsense. I predict the reds draw to teams like Leicester and Palace twice a year.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Why are people suggesting Ghezzal? He's not ready yet! This problem keeps happening time and time again! Just ease him into the starting 11 using the next 3-4 games (if he proves he can start of course). 

Our fans overreact so much it's frustrating! One game a player is great, the next game he's trash and it's all because of the way we hand opportunities! Just 1 Cup game shouldn't mean that you are ready to start. It doesn't feel natural, it puts players in a stressful situation. Add that to some people holding agendas against certain players and that creats a toxic environment. 

Let's just take it step by step. He will have his chance to start sooner or later so there is no need to put a player with less than 90 minutes of experience in the prem through the grinder. 

Gray and Marc should start ahead of him (at least for now). They know how the team works and the shape required (defensively and offensively) far better than him. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. And also think we should start Soyuncu for the hell of it lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xen said:

Considering that we're missing our main striker, Liverpool haven't conceded yet this season, and he hasn't predicted a Liverpool loss for almost 3 seasons now, then Lawrenson predicting a score draw is high praise indeed!

yes a strange one.

lawro more optimistic about us for this game than about 90% of the  FT doom merchants. by match thread it will be the usual 99% predicting a huge loss.

#notevenslighlyfearless.

Need to be at the races from the whistle for this one. Turning up 10 minutes into the game will probably see us a goal or two down and that’s a death wish against Liverpool. 

If we do step up, I’m going 2-1 Leicester to cap off a fantastic start pre-international break. Would do Puel’s position and vision and the supporters a world of good.

This has been their bogey fixture for years. They also didn’t play well in their last match ~ trouble is the way to perhaps beat these guys is to let them have possession and play them on the break circa LCFC 15/16. I doubt Puel will want to do that so there will be chances at both ends and I’d suspect they may put more away than us. Chilwell will be punished for defensive mistakes he may make today so I hope he can keep his concentration. It’d be nice to see Ricardo at RB with Ghezzal earning a start after his goal on Tuesday but Puel will for now I suspect go for the less round pegs in the less round holes. 

Guest Col city fan

I’d play Chilwell. He’s hardly put a foot wrong so far and he needs experience of a game like this.

He’s also quicker than Fuchs and Liverpool really are quick.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’d play Chilwell. He’s hardly put a foot wrong so far and he needs experience of a game like this.

He’s also quicker than Fuchs and Liverpool really are quick.

Yep, I’d play him too. Just need him to not make those one or two mistakes that he usually makes because they’ll be punished against these boys.