Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Liverpool ( H ) Pre Match

22 hours ago, koponpodcast said:

Hello! 

I'm a Liverpool fan, and I'm looking for someone who might be interested in being on my podcast, in which we'll preview the match. 

I am recording on Tuesday night at around 9pm, UK time. 

Would anybody be interested? It should only take around ten or twenty minutes. 

As for the match, I think that we are very hard to beat, although we haven't been very fluent in attack in our last two matches against Palace and Brighton. 

Neither of those two, nor West Ham, managed to carve out many decent opportunities against us, but the best way to beat us is still to sit deep and play on the counter. We found it way tougher to break down Brighton and Palace than we did West Ham, who kept too high a line. 

Thanks very much ?

No-one has replied to this. Please DM me if interested. Thanks. 

Jürgen Klopp has hinted that he might make changes for this game, FYI, which may mean Shaqiri, Sturridge or Fabinho, or even Lallana. 

What do you think? Would you care to discuss it tomorrow evening? I'm recording from 9pm UK time. 

Thanks again ???

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Vardy for Firmino

Whilst I hate Firmino for consistently burning me in FPL, I wouldn’t take Vards over him in that Liverpool side. His defensive work (not just running after the ball, but positioning and reading the game) plus his help in the build-up is far superior. Salah and Mane wouldn't be as good without him. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Which why (even though I am one of his biggest critics) I would start Shinji. That hustle at the top without Vardy will be lacking with just Kelechi. The 3-5-2 with attacking wing backs could be our only hope against the leagues form team. One thing you get from Shinji is energy from the start. That could also help us in overcoming our slow starts. The one on one between salah and amartey is scaring though.

Shinji to start and disrupt everything, but otherwise the same. Give the reserves and kids a runout against Fleetwood. 

A thrilling nil nil! ? 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Liverpool lined up on Saturday with and possible Leicester improvements:

Pereria for Trent Alexander

Chilwell for Robertson

Maguire for Gomez

Ndidi for Wijnaldum

Maddison for Milner

Vardy for Firmino

I reckon Robertson over Chilwell, and there’s not much between Vards and Firmino... agree with the rest though.

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Chilwell for Robertson

Maguire for Gomez

Ndidi for Wijnaldum

Maddison for Milner

Vardy for Firmino

Depends how you want to play

i doubt Klopp would take any of ours apart from harry 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Depends how you want to play

i doubt Klopp would take any of ours apart from harry 

Exactly that.

You can make arguments for some, Vardy probably would score more over a season than Firmino but the latter's game is much more about bringing other players into it. I'm not sure, on the last 30 games, how anyone could choose Chilwell over Robertson though, it's all opinions I suppose. I agree with you though, He'd take Harry......probably.

If go out all-attack, the scoreline may be a rugby score.

Rather Puel tries to implement a 4-2-3-1 for this one imo.

Ricardo Pereira - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell (if Fuchs plays, he'll struggle considering their pace v him slowing down now gradually)

Mendy - Ndidi

Ghezzal/Gray - Maddison - Albrighton

Iheanacho

Will be surprised if there's no goals.

This was the last game we wanted Vardy to miss.  He’s pure Klopp Kryptonite.  7 in his last five league starts against them.

Pool is one opponent our changing playing style is not going to help us beat.  “Pretty good” possession football not yet evolved past a short, gradual passing game may play into the hands of Klopp’s press.

The midfield of Ndidi and Mendy will not excel at retaining possession when they are instantly swarmed.

Not my optimistic self for this one.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 13:10, lifted*fox said:

maybe, just maybe - if we get behind the lads at home we might be able to win this. 

if we can put all of the Puel moaning to one side and help build their confidence with some noise and support (like Maguire alluded to) then I reckon we could do alright. 

Yeah, because everyone turns up moaning and booing the team:doh: we usually start like they've just got out of bed, it is up to the team to start the game when the whistle blows, not after twenty minutes and if they actually do have a go straight off then the crowd will be behind them instead of wondering why only one team is putting the effort in :P

Sorry call me negative, but that’s how we are playing.

Best case scenario he puts everyone behind the ball, hoping for a 0-0, as we won’t score, and lose 1or 2 nil, or we start very slow like we have been doing, and lose by 4 or 5 nil.

Yes I’m negative, so is puel, but we are playing one of two teams who will be fighting the league title this season, and we have no attacking threat.

Get passed this defeat, with a bit of confidence left intact, and move on 

Edited by Monsell1976

We are set up,to be the 1st team to get the double over the title winners.

Puel selection total suprise...The French hit n run  partisan tactics  to scatter and confuse the Blitzkrieg tactics....

Ente to chase the Kaefer out of the foxes den...

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Chilwell for Robertson

Maguire for Gomez

Ndidi for Wijnaldum

Maddison for Milner

Vardy for Firmino

I'd agree with Pereira, Maguire and Ndidi. Not much in it with Maddison and Vardy, and it's too early to say Chilwell is on Robertson's level.

Also, on the other hand, they've got VVD, Salah and Mane compared with Morgan, Gray and Albrighton.