Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Liverpool ( H ) Pre Match

3 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

With Morgan and Evans starting tonight v Fleetwood, and after Söyünçü played for the U23s last night, perhaps there's more chance of Söyünçü starting against Liverpool.

He may take time to acclimatise but from the snippets I've seen he looks class.  The pace of Mané and Salah up against Maguire, Morgan or Evans scares me!

It'd be a baptism of fire for Soyuncu but since this is a free swing game then why not.

Kasper

Richardo Maguire Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Iheanacho

Sub Ian, move Gray to the striker and bring on Ghezzal in the second.

• Like 2

They are trying to play so safe,Brighton actually had chance to save a point

midfield will be ****ed,pretty sure Mendy and Ndidi would not be able to do anything,sadly

That Arnold kid is not reliable tho,maybe they should focus that side

This is a big ask. Our best chance is to meet fire with fire, press them as much as they will us & attack at every opportunity with a really high tempo. We will concede so we might aswell make a game of it, see who’s better off when the dust settles.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

This is a big ask. Our best chance is to meet fire with fire, press them as much as they will us & attack at every opportunity with a really high tempo. We will concede so we might aswell make a game of it, see who’s better off when the dust settles.

That would be exactly my strategy. In these situations press and attack - give em a dose of their own. You never know, just might nick a cheeky 3-1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AjcW said:

I was hoping simmo would do the tackling after Perreira had ran them into the ground lol

Believe me this isn't my ideal situation, but Amartey at right back against good players terrifies me, he made Redmond look like Ronaldo at times! 

Didn’t Amartey have a great game at anfield against that same Liverpool left side? 

I'd be surprised if Amartey doesn't start, especially if Morgan does. I think Puel sees Amartey has protection for Morgan whereas he would be exposed if Ricardo was caught high up the pitch. He could bring Evans in but I don't think he was convincing on the right hand side. Same team as the Southampton game.

Was at anfield last Saturday (missis is a Liverpool fan and we were up seeing her family) and they weren't that good. The front three looked like they had a world cup hangover and offered very little against a well organised brighton. The real strength for them was the CBs and CMs. Our strength will be to use gray on the left as TAA isn't that great defensively and maddison pop up in any space left by milner in front of their back line and we will create a few good chances. We just need to start well and keep a good shape when we have the ball as they are brilliant when they turn the ball over. 

1-1 for me. 

Many on here advocate a 'three at the back' system. I actually think that the Liverpool game would be the ideal time to try out my 'back 10' system:

Kaspar

Ricardo

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Benkovic

Benalouarne

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Chillwell

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Knight, Simpson,

Ndidi, iborra, Albrighton.

I've put a lot of thought into the subs and all have defensive qualities - which I believe may be needed as my starting 11 may be somewhat weak, numbers-wise, at the back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

If those LFC front 3 play like an unstoppable force, I can see us getting well and truly slapped. I may tissues and a strong whiskey afterwards.

They are undeniably good but lets not pretend its a prime Messi Suarez and Neymar from a few years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Many on here advocate a 'three at the back' system. I actually think that the Liverpool game would be the ideal time to try out my 'back 10' system:

Kaspar

Ricardo

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Benkovic

Benalouarne

Morgan

Maguire

Fuchs

Chillwell

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Knight, Simpson,

Ndidi, iborra, Albrighton.

I've put a lot of thought into the subs and all have defensive qualities - which I believe may be needed as my starting 11 may be somewhat weak, numbers-wise, at the back.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

As The Cat said in Red Dwarf. “I know this game, it’s cat and mouse. Want to know the only way to win? Don’t be the mouse”

• Like 1

The absence of Vardy apart, I am getting the feeling that we couldn't be up against Liverpool at a better time. That's not to say we won't get spanked, but I'd imagine that the squad is feeling good about life, and it's a chance to show what can be done against a very fine team.

Weirdly looking forward to this one. Feels like a bit of a free hit as bad as that sounds. Not sure how we’re gonna cause them problems but I think we need to stay in the game as long as possible and see what happens

1-1

Madders and Mane with the goals

Ndidi's performance against them when we beat them 3-1 in 16/17 was as close to perfection as you'll ever get. If him and Mendy can be all over their supply line then we might get some joy. I really think Okazaki has a part to play on this game too, he would give Keita less chance to receive the ball but we could sacrifice having a focal point. Gray could drift from wide left in to the centre though when Okazaki and Maddison press.