Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Liverpool ( H ) Pre Match

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Simmo it is then

Defensively the best as long as you don't want him to play possession football which Puel most definitely does. But it's Puel's project to improve Amartey I reckon. He's trying to improve these players over the long haul.

46 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Interesting problem with right back. If we use Richardo Liverpool could find space behind him. If we use Amartey Liverpool could rip him a new one.

or just tell Ricardo to not attack as much? Crazy that we purchased one of the top young right backs in the world (apparently) and use amartey still there.

Edited by les-tah

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

or just tell Ricardo to not attack as much? Crazy that we purchased one of the top young right backs in the world (apparently) and use amartey still there.

For the time being....I don't think this is the finished article by any means.

Really think we have the team to get something from the game, but we need our players all to be on it - We've got a strong squad this year and lots of options, Albrighton, Sinj, Fuchs and Iborra could all be options if we want something a bit more defensive and play on the counter but I think it will be the same team that lined up at Southampton.

11 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Really think we have the team to get something from the game, but we need our players all to be on it - We've got a strong squad this year and lots of options, Albrighton, Sinj, Fuchs and Iborra could all be options if we want something a bit more defensive and play on the counter but I think it will be the same team that lined up at Southampton.

I hope not, we were dreadfully lucky.

The last two games I've attended we have started woefully in the first 20/25 minutes yet somehow have gone on to win those games. I think against Wolves we went 1-0 up without having an attempt on goal? At Southampton for the first 25 minutes we made them look like Barcelona. You can't keep starting games like that and getting away with it. Sadly I am going on Saturday with no expectation of us getting anything and I still don't get what Puel is trying to do other than bore teams into submission.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Volpe Viola said:

The last two games I've attended we have started woefully in the first 20/25 minutes yet somehow have gone on to win those games. I think against Wolves we went 1-0 up without having an attempt on goal? At Southampton for the first 25 minutes we made them look like Barcelona. You can't keep starting games like that and getting away with it. Sadly I am going on Saturday with no expectation of us getting anything and I still don't get what Puel is trying to do other than bore teams into submission.

Put them to sleep then strike like a cobra. 

Guest Col city fan

Genuinely think this will be closer than people think. I’ve gone for Liverpool to just nick it, 2-1 but it could easily be a Desmond

If we are as passive as we have been in the last two games and start as inneffectively as we have done the game  will be gone in the first 20 minutes.

Think, sadly, they are genuine title contenders and their defence is very decent  plus the new keeper is good. A draw would be a good result but I fear it will 3 or 4-0 to them. They have far too much pace up front for us if we push our full backs too far forwards. We've been lucky to get 6 points to date and will need to be much much better to have a chance in this one.

Liverpool's threat comes through their attacking trio. I completely agree with a few posters suggesting that Amartey shouldn't start - he simply looks too uncomfortable at this stage in the season. I worry that if Ryan Bertrand and Nathan Redmond got the better of him, then Saido Mane and Andy Robertson will tear him a new one. So I'd like to see Ricardo start at right back with Albrighton just ahead of him. I think it's the only way to avoid being overrun and will require Ricardo to maintain discipline. We know that Albrighton will maintain his defensive duties, so it makes sense to do this in my opinion. Fuchs against Salah is a mismatch and we'll need Chilwell's athleticism if we stand a chance - so hopefully Gray can put in a shift too and cover those angles. 

I do think that Liverpool's current record of 3 wins with no goals conceded flatters them somewhat and it's a genuine shame that Vardy is suspended because I fear it might a a case of what might have been. Brighton were very unfortunate against them and I do think that if we stay disciplined, we could grab all 3 points. 

• Like 1

Considering Amartey played 90 minutes yesterday he might not be starting at RB on Saturday. I'd go for:

Kasper

Pereira Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

Ghezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Iborra, Silva, Albrighton & Okazaki

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see if Claude goes Pereira on the RW at home having done it away both times. Personally I think it would be a bit negative but could be a good tactic if we sit deep and counter and invite Liverpool on as they like to break and get in behind. It could mean they have to rethink it a bit if we can make a solid start and not concede early. I think Morgan off on the hour against Fleetwood suggests he will start Saturday IMO. Unchanged I think.

Kasper

Amartey Morgan   Maguire  Chilwell

Ndidi       Mendy

Ricardo       Madison    Gray

Iheanacho 

Subs: Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Silva, Ghezzal, Albrighton, Okazaki

• Like 1