Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RODNEY FERNIO

Liverpool ( H ) Pre Match

2 hours ago, Spicer said:

Considering Amartey played 90 minutes yesterday he might not be starting at RB on Saturday. I'd go for:

Kasper

Pereira Maguire Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

Ghezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Iborra, Silva, Albrighton & Okazaki

Albrighton for Ghezzal & we’d be in agreement. Subs too.

Like others I’m worried by our slow starts. I was there last night & Fleetwood reserves started too quickly for us, could easily have scored in first two minutes (that was I think their last chance). If we start like we have all of the past four games this one could be over in ten minutes.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 18:23, fuchsntf said:

We are set up,to be the 1st team to get the double over the title winners.

Puel selection total suprise...The French hit n run  partisan tactics  to scatter and confuse the Blitzkrieg tactics....

Ente to chase the Kaefer out of the foxes den...

Love the positivity, lend me some ? 

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Love the positivity, lend me some ? 

Deutsche..medicine..it's fantastic...

Vorsprung durch Apotheke....  A good mix of... opedrebel.   Hope-dreams-belief....sloshed down with Puel fuel...:bounce:

• Haha 2

i think that the lack of a top class forward will come back to bit us on the bum. really we only have vardy, nacho is a dud. cant understand why we did not buy another forward during the window. is there any off contract players that could fill the void.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Hardly a dud? He’s 21 years old and expected to fulfil his potential about 5 years early by you lot. Give him a break.

... I agree! 

Did you notice his reaction when he hit the post I believe the second time and a player came to put his arm around him and he pushed it away? Finally when he scored, no celebration, just looked at the floor. 

This guy is screwed! 

He does not like the position he has been asked to play, his best position has been taken by Maddison, can't play on the wing, is there really a future for him here? 

If we continue to play the same formation, then he will be on the bench for a long time (at his age he needs to be playing every week). We need a plan B and he certainly does not fit that mould...... perhaps a January transfer might be in the offing? 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I agree! 

Did you notice his reaction when he hit the post I believe the second time and a player came to put his arm around him and he pushed it away? Finally when he scored, no celebration, just looked at the floor. 

This guy is screwed! 

He does not like the position he has been asked to play, his best position has been taken by Maddison, can't play on the wing, is there really a future for him here? 

If we continue to play the same formation, then he will be on the bench for a long time (at his age he needs to be playing every week). We need a plan B and he certainly does not fit that mould...... perhaps a January transfer might be in the offing? 

Where has this myth that nacho wants to play number 10 come from? He's a centre forward. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Where has this myth that nacho wants to play number 10 come from? He's a centre forward. 

Exactly what I was about to say. Total myth. He’s a great finisher and not a lot else. Can’t see him ever being anything but a no.9. If we want to get the best out of him then we need to accept that our attacking midfielders are going to have to be allowed more freedom to create chances in the box for him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

Hardly a dud? He’s 21 years old and expected to fulfil his potential about 5 years early by you lot. Give him a break.

He looked really, really frustrated with himself against Soton. If he can regain a little confidence and belief I think he'll improve massively compared to his poor start. He did assist Gray though so it's not all bad so far.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I agree! 

This guy is screwed! 

What the fvck are you talking about 

• Like 1

I think he is just an instinctive natural finisher. We tend to look at him in the shadow of Vardy, he's not going to be chasing down lost causes throwing himself into tackles etc. I hate to say it but we need to put it on a plate for him and he'll finish it off.

My main concern when we signed him was that he had Man City's midfield setting him up, in honesty they could make most strikers in all four divisions look half decent.

3 hours ago, sdb said:

Exactly what I was about to say. Total myth. He’s a great finisher and not a lot else. Can’t see him ever being anything but a no.9. If we want to get the best out of him then we need to accept that our attacking midfielders are going to have to be allowed more freedom to create chances in the box for him. 

He’s played there before for Nigeria youth teams and a lot of them think that’s his best position. As he he can link the play up well and has got decent passing which I think he has showed glimpses of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdb said:

He also has great vision, very high intelligence  (unlike Gray) and a wicked pass. He simply makes things happen. He''s also a confidence player. When things go for him he wins games and looks like a billion bucks.

Edited by Marutimon

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

... I am not implying that he wants to be a 10, but playing behind the main striker as opposed to leading the line. With the formation being played the middle of the front three is the only place to accommodate him. 

Prior to Maddison that appeared to be the position he was excelling in. He is not a 10, never going to be a 10, just an observation of where does he fit!! As previously stated how long can he, at his age, sit on the bench, waiting for Vardy to retire! 

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/22/leicester-entice-man-city-iheanacho-with-favourite-role-after-25m-bid/

Shakespeare will hand Iheanacho his favourite role behind the striker, if he agrees to join the club, a move which could make him force his move away from Manchester City.

The Nigerian although boast of a fantastic ‎goal scoring record, he isn’t entirely at home playing as a lone striker, as he prefers playing just behind the main striker where his late runs into the box often go unsighted.

• Like 1