Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

EFL Cup draw, 3rd round - Wolves (a)

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Tell you what has disappointed me,I play a little game when a draw is made, and guess how many will just post the name of the club we have drawn.

Not many today,and I guessed 15

I'd suggest that number is a rough indicator of how excited people are for the draw - not very then!

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

Winnable game. We should advance. Terribly boring gane though.

Why boring....who would you have really prefered....

we have a Midlands Derby....

with the home team wanting and. Needing to prove their presence in the PL....versus the team who's made it ,Holding more than their own in the PL.

One team who spent really heavy...vs a team who are taking a chance on youngsters,with selected newcomers..and 3-4 club legends.

This is imo, a top draw...and OUR foxes will have their job cut out,to get through this interesting Draw....No replays..!!

The players from both sides are pushed to get a result.Selection might be paramount.... Both clubs looking to see if the have found their

early season continuity and Competitive Rythme

Great game on the cards...who are the real top dogs in the forest of the PL...Wolves or foxes.....looking forward to it..already.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Like any newly promoted side their sole focus is going to be staying in the prem. It looks like we are really going for the cups this season so should go through. 

Too much expectation, already preparing knives...

26 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Like any newly promoted side their sole focus is going to be staying in the prem. It looks like we are really going for the cups this season so should go through. 

You're forgetting that they're not a typical promoted team. They're the greatest ever promoted team with plans to be as big as ManUre.

55 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Hope not, I could relive the glory days.

I really miss being spat on by old plastic brummies in the top tier when we take the lead.

Oh the memories.

Haha while the stand along the bottom has its charms it would be better behind the goal. I went to the horror 4-3 game I'm sure we were behind the goal then. Have tried to suppress the memory of that day tho so could be wrong. 

I think it's an exciting draw actually. They will be upset at losing at our place and I'd love to do them over again so they can complain about losing despite having more possession but not scoring any goals.

If it's B team versus B team then our squad has better depth and has players who know how to keep it together in adversity so I think we'd win. But I could see both teams playing almost first 11's in this because with Liverpool playing Chelsea, one of the favourites is going out this round. The EFL cup might lack the glamour of the FA Cup, but a trophy is a trophy and it does get you into Europe. We got to the last 8 in both last year so surely we should aim for at least one stage better in one of them!

2 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

I was attempting to make fun of the folks that actually do think it's fixed haha! I think I may need to work on my wording / sarcasm :thumbup:

Ah. Sincere apologies. Went right over my head I'm afraid. My fault not yours. :thumbup:

• Like 1