Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gwyn

One footed player's

2 hours ago, majaco said:

It is unlikely a hammer user would only be able to connect with a nail if they used their weaker hand to take up a split second opportunity to hammer a nail.

work in the building trade long enough and you'll discover this actually happens more than you'd expect.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I fully agree with you, even I have scored some belters with my left but missed many more easier chances you just don’t have the consistency on your weaker foot. The problem I and others have is when you see professional footballers unwilling or unable to use their weaker foot to make a key pass or get a shot off using their weaker foot and by trying to get it on their stronger foot means losing the opportunity.

I am a pretty poor footballer but I can short pass it accurately on my left and can get a half decent clearance or shot off if I’m under pressure. If I am not under pressure I will get it on to my right and go from there.

Football is obviously about a lot more than being good on your weaker foot but it is baffling that some top professionals seemingly don’t or won’t try and improve their weaker foot ability.

Agree with all of this, especially the last part! it's an important and probably underrated part of football - average players can become good players if they can use both feet to a high standard - see Matty James as a good example (pre-injuries anyway)....

11 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Being one footed indicates a lack of technique and as Paddy says it makes your game a lot more predictable, as it reduces the angles you can pass and dribble and often even tackle from and one-footed players then have to compensate by using the outside of their strong foot which can lead to passes going astray and shots being fluffed and defensive clearances being shanked in the wrong direction etc etc.

Even the likes of Messi would benefit if he was to suddenly realise how to use his right effectively would go from being arguably the best in the world to unquestionably the best. 

If you look at a team with too many one-footed players their attacking play is often disjointed and reliant on individual brilliance because the players when passing the ball to each other are not happy to receive it on one side.....

1. Messi has been unquestionably the best player in the world throughout most of his career.

2. The goal he scored in the World Cup was with his right foot, with a piece of control most top players would be delighted to carry out on their strong foot.

3. That is all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

1. Messi has been unquestionably the best player in the world throughout most of his career.

2. The goal he scored in the World Cup was with his right foot, with a piece of control most top players would be delighted to carry out on their strong foot.

3. That is all.

Ok, do you want a flipping gold star ?