Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

Gray is not the answer up front. I can't understand what rode Puel to place one of the most lightweight players as a striker.

Iheanacho would give Liverpool's centre-backs much more of a problem.

We get as far as Liverpool's edge of their box, then it's usually over.

• Like 3

Just now, Brooksy said:

We're just not a very good side are we

I'm struggling to see where most people have us as a top 10 side if I'm honest.

I actually think we're morphing into a better footballing team, however we lack a viable option to Vardy, who I don't see a long term option to play this style.

Morgan needs to change and we've got a couple of options coming through for that.

Not sure on Riccardo, the lad needs to get down the gym.

Such a shame. Again we didn't start playing until we conceded. Mendy and Ghazzell have shown some nice touches but we've never looked like scoring. The amount of shots from outside the area suggests to me that we don't fancy our chances of carving them open. You'd fancy them to score another at least.

We are so blunt in attack. All this good play and possession is wasted, unless we have a genuine striking threat. If Puel didn't fancy Iheanacho, then why didn't he sign a striker in the window. Starting Gray as a lone striker is never going to work. 

On a positive note, Mendy has been the best player on the pitch. 

What a frustrating and ultimately gutting half. Ricardo was piss poor for their opening goal and then we switched off at the corner with Maddison showing his inexperience. 

The midfield showed up well but no-one making runs behind.

Change to 3 at the back and play wing backs second half 

Bit like England really, lots of posession and look good passing round the back and midfield, but struggling to get anything decent up front in open play. 

Gray is isolated. We take two or three extra touches when we should be passing it to the wing and then let them fire into the box.

There's a core of good young players there and we need to be mindful that they *should* improve over the season.

Theyre so crisp going forward, cut us to ribbons in the first ten but we did start slow and we cant find a real way out, vast majority of our opportunities have been wild out of the box shots with little effect.

Missing Vardy here massively, Liverpool still have a couple of gears in them and hopefully we do too

1 minute ago, Daz93 said:

Why is Maddison marking Firmino...

Done ourselves over there. We were looking good for the last 15-20 minutes. No chance we get back into this now.

It's zonal, it just depends on which zone the Liverpool players run into.

1 minute ago, Daz93 said:

Why is Maddison marking Firmino...

Done ourselves over there. We were looking good for the last 15-20 minutes. No chance we get back into this now.

In the corner before, he was the only man tracking Van Dijk's run! Maguire far too deep. Awful organisation at the back. 

Puel may have us playing nice football, but he has to get us doing the basics right too.