Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

11 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Lucky rebound granted but we could have been 3-0 down in the first 10 minutes. It’s happening every game and opposing managers know it. 

Sorry your last sentence,is a statement of desperation and frustration....And it's not happening every game,it just seems like it...

I make my supporting life easy,I don't go around looking for explatations in every situation...

Two down...unlucky rebound,after we started with not better than lpool, they did have the 1st 10minutes but we shown more intent than last games.

2nd goal Maddison simply too small for that moment....We have played well,these dreaded reds are quality in all major areas.That's not a day

to get too frustrated.

Mendy...has the rest of the team,growing into this season.Movement all round,will suffice against the lower teams but this is a new set up with

so much to learn,but from my view,we had a good first half with some good movement,that bodes

well for the future...

We've looked ok at times but always look like conceding when on the defence and don't look like scoring when on the attack.

And I do not know why we keep starting games so slowly, as has been said we only seem to start playing when we go a goal down.

I don't understand why we are starting Gray in attack when we have a 25 million quid striker on the bench.

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Nobody makes runs in behind and nobody gets in the box. We pretty much play the whole game in front of their back 4.

Perfect example just before their second....Albrighton gets ball wide left....acres of space for him to attack to the byline but he checks back inside and just loud right footed cross in front of their defenders.....It’s almost as if they are scared to push to the byline and have Liverpool’s defense running back to defend 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We dominated large parts of that half, that’s down to Puel. Individual errors are not. 

No we didn’t.

People are getting carried away with this. Playing keep ball across the middle is not ‘dominating’. We had one good chance I can think of and Liverpool looked like they could score every time they came forward.

Possession without a cutting edge is not dominating.

Guest Kopfkino

I agree with the calls that we look a bit toothless but also these have only conceded 22 goals in their last 32 league games. They are so solid at the back these days.

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Although we're 2 down i was happy with most of that half. Played very well, starting to look like a good transformation of style

A young side making mistakes, but seeing decent football and style. Need a decent striker though. 

Nacho and Shinji please

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

We've looked ok at times but always look like conceding when on the defence and don't look like scoring when on the attack.

And I do not know why we keep starting games so slowly, as has been said we only seem to start playing when we go a goal down.

I don't understand why we are starting Gray in attack when we have a 25 million quid striker on the bench.

It's bizarre, it's not even like Gray is recognised as being an accomplished finisher! So blunt in attack. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Sly said:

Defensively, yes.

However, he doesn't suit the style we're moving towards.

What style is that? Where the RB falls over when someone runs into him and looking like conceding down the right every time the opposition come forward?

Just now, Col city fan said:

No we didn’t.

People are getting carried away with this. Playing keep ball across the middle is not ‘dominating’. We had one good chance I can think of and Liverpool looked like they could score every time they came forward.

Possession without a cutting edge is not dominating.

You'd think people have learned this from our title winning season.

We're now the opposite that seasons team. Lots of possession, for possessions sake, slow build up and no goal threat.

Oh, and defensively frail.

• Thanks 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yep, defence looks sluggish. Also why is Madders on Firmino for corners 

Looking at our last 2 years and how we defended corners (that Man United game still haunts me to this day) I'm not really that surprised. 

Good thing is, we look promising. Talent everywhere and we are finally looking like a team with solid foundation for the future. 

I don't really get upset about losing to a far better team, but the way we do that gets on my nerves. Those mistakes should be erased. The chemistry is not there yet. The team looks like a few disjointed units instead of 1 group. But with time. With time we can make something special. 

18 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Albrighton is useless now we’re chasing the game no ones going to really get on the end of his crosses 

I do wonder what his thought process is, when he looks up and thinks a high lofty cross in the box for Van Dijk to clear with ease, is a good option! :doh: