Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

Rather play with a false 9 than a missing striker ?  Lost me mate that sounds like no striker at all.

Nacho could very easily have had 4 against Fleetwood but he didn't. .He is very close to being the business.

This looks like a plan for 0-0  no point in crossing we will have to play through at pace and shoot on sight.

I thought we’d play Gray up front and we have. We’ve had our best results against Liverpool when we harass their back line and get into them. Vardy is out so Gray makes sense because so far this season he’s been the most hardworking of the forwards in terms of chasing the ball down and ball recovery up front. We can always put Nacho on after 60 when the pace has calmed down and we are hopefully still in it. We NEED to start fast against this team otherwise it will be all over by halftime. 

Pleasantly surprised to see Ghezzal start and Amartey on the bench as I thought Puel would start him but still a bit fearful on that side as that combination has very little experience playing together and Liverpool’s attack’s trio are lethal. 

COYB!!!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

I don't get the negativity for Nacho, he had little service against Utd, was magnificent in pre season and scored in mid week, and when he scores they are goals of pinpoint accuracy, as for Gray, I've seen him miss bag fulls, he seems to play with his head down so it's a strange one for me, doesn't do Nacho's confidence any good either

I can see logic in starting Gray over Nacho up front. He’s quicker, works harder and will defend more. We are definitely going to be playing on the counter and I see Nacho getting some decent minutes. Let’s give Demarai a chance before slagging everything off shall we?

Might as well try it today in what is actually a lower pressure game where we’re expected to lose by the pundits and a good performance, and something unexpected may just pay off  

Every match thread starts with the majority of posters moaning. FT is a sad place at times - and this is when we've got 6 out of a possible 9 points on the board and should be expecting to lose to the champion's elect.

Personally thought 4 points from the first four games would have been par for the course.

4 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I can see logic in starting Gray over Nacho up front. He’s quicker, works harder and will defend more

Exactly this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Every match thread starts with the majority of posters moaning. FT is a sad place at times - and this is when we've got 6 out of a possible 9 points on the board and should be expecting to lose to the champion's elect.

Personally thought 4 points from the first four games would have been par for the course.

^^^

18 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Wonder why neither soyuncu or benkovic start ahead of morgan in last cup games if morgan had to start this game 

Benkovic is in Glasgow ........

soyuncu isn’t fit yet

Evans will play in games where we expect to have to make the running (until soyuncu is fit)

wes is clearly preferred at the moment when we expect to be under pressure 

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

We fluked the two wins though with poor performances didn’t we? 

• Like 1