Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

Surprised to see us described as 'toothless' given we've played the second best team in the country who were yet to concede this season. We've also scored in all 4 games this season (2 of them without Vardy). I appreciate Alisson was at fault for our goal but we definitely deserved to get something out of this game - it was an excellent performance and there will be plenty of teams that'll get hammered by Liverpool over the next few months. Thought we really had them on the rocks and the atmosphere after we scored was electric, just a shame we couldn't find an equaliser - on another day we would've.

Mendy was exceptional today, absolute quality in that midfield and drops his shoulder nicely to bring the ball forward. I couldn't actually believe how good he was, its a cliche but he's like a new signing for us. Special mention to Ghezzal as well, for all the stick he got when he signed (myself included) he was classy - great first touch, won a few headers and tracked back well.

Very promising performance but our real test this season will be against teams like Bournemouth after the international break.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Without Vardy I think the focus needed to be on scoring off set pieces. And they went off-side on I think 3 out of 5 of them.  Unfortunate result but vs a top level side with an excellent and in form backline. Ghezall to me was the revelation. Obviously not as good as Mahrez but stronger, he actually defends and he hustles.   Team is getting better but slow starts continue to hurt them.  It was almost a guarantee that Liverpool was scoring early.

• Like 1

Genuinely think that's the best we've played this season. Liverpool, unfortunately, are just better than us, but will get far easier wins than that over the course of the season.

We pressed very well today, hunting in packs and forcing errors from the Liverpool backline, Gomez never looked comfortable. Mendy and Ndidi have the makings of a cracking midfield partnership and Chilwell and Gray appear to have matured greatly as players. Signs are encouraging, we'll be fine for top 8 if we play like that all season.

I am trying to be measured after today, but the one thing above all else which really annoyed me, when Chilwell was injured and went down - why did he bring on Amartey for Maddison instead of Fuchs for Chilwell?

We are trying to get a point at home and that one thing sent out totally the wrong message to the rest of the team.

I confess the language I used at the time in the ground was far from the diplomatic tenor I usually use on here (including this post).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Irritatingly predictable outcome. We weren't bad for most of that game but we were toothless in both boxes. Both of their goals were so painfully predictable. I was saying before they got their 2nd they'll get a soft 2nd goal out of nowhere and sure enough...

I think when Vardy & Soyuncu are starting we'll be a lot better. Gray's a mile off being effective as a striker at this level and Morgan's past it.

Not a bad performance, but ultimately, nil points.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Irritatingly predictable outcome. We weren't bad for most of that game but we were toothless in both boxes. Both of their goals were so painfully predictable. I was saying before they got their 2nd they'll get a soft 2nd goal out of nowhere and sure enough...

I think when Vardy & Soyuncu are starting we'll be a lot better. Gray's a mile off being effective as a striker at this level and Morgan's past it.

Not a bad performance, but ultimately, nil points.

:appl:Spot on.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So 8th place with Southampton who are dreaming they had Puel back right now and 9th with us is bad? 

January onwards our results and performances were awful; that’s a fact.

Now answer my question; since then how many games have we played well in and won?

I will name one to get you started; home against 10 man Arsenal.

Possession doesn’t do it for me without good results. When the two are present together that’s a different matter but it’s not something Claude has achieved yet.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frost said:

it was an excellent performance and there will be plenty of teams that'll get hammered by Liverpool over the next few months. Thought we really had them on the rocks and the atmosphere after we scored was electric, just a shame we couldn't find an equaliser - on another day we would've.

yes, this is a nice realistic, positive view of our game today.

it's almost like some of our fans have forgotten how to enjoy football at all. 

moan, moan, moan.

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Which decent striker will sign for us knowing that at most they will play about 8 PL games a season?

I don’t think there is anything wrong in playing the loan market. Ings for example, with all his injuries could offer that impetus that we lacked with Vardy away. I always thought he’d be a good back up before he signed for Southampton. You’re right in that Vards is the main man. It is evident to anyone outside but there players out there who will get more game time here than elsewhere. There are also players who play abroad desperate to get to the prem. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

This "they hadn't conceded all season" they wouldn't have conceded today if their keeper had just cleared the ball. It wasn't the result of good attacking.

That is a point tbh. Struggling to think of clear cut chances we had apart from Morgan's miss which probably came to fast at him.

I'm not disappointed, I think we were strong at certain points in the game, but my only concern is lack of goal threat. I really don't like one up front.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This "they hadn't conceded all season" they wouldn't have conceded today if their keeper had just cleared the ball. It wasn't the result of good attacking.

Stop talking sense!

God knows how you are still a mod with views and opinions like that! :P lol

Can't believe some of the negative comments on here, clearly weren't watching the same game as me. What I saw was a very spirited performance with bursts of some fantastic skill and entertaining football. Given that Maddison, Ricardo and Ghezzal are still bedding into the Premier League and we still have Soyunko to come I'm feeling really positive about the season. And yes I was firmly in the Puel out camp towards the end of last season so I'm happy to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Really dislike Klopp. It seems like he never has anything gracious to say about us when we play them. “Trying to be agressive”, “dry pitch” and “we deserved to win”. Wtf? 

One of the games characters? My arse. Another self obsessed , unsporting drama queen.

That annoyed me.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
10 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

The reaction of the crowd summed it up well. The team were applauded off the pitch despite losing. I assume the negative voices on here saw it on the TV.

We played well against an outstanding Liverpool team who reached the Champions League final last year and have arguably the best striker in the world at the moment in Salah. We know our weaknesses but we have potential solutions. One is that we miss Vardy, and the other is Morgan isn’t really up it to any more. Vardy will return and we’ve signed Soyuncu though were yet to see him in action.

This is progress and we have the makings of a really good team that can live with the top 6. Surely we should feel positive about that?

Those who claim we were never really in it are either trying to play the cynic card or   weren’t there.

I think the fans appreciate the effort from the players so will always applaud, most of the discontent is with the manager, I don’t Puel as the manager but will always support the team and players 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This "they hadn't conceded all season" they wouldn't have conceded today if there keeper had just cleared the ball. It wasn't the result of good attacking.

No it was the result of pressure and increasing the momentum and upping the tempo, for whatever reason  the keeper decided that he did not want to concede possession made the wrong decision and got punished

• Like 1