Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

Enjoyed that.  When Captain Morgan is replaced and we tighten up a bit things should get better ...   Maddison looks a steal and the ‘new’ Mahrez shows great promise ...   Mendy and Wilf look so strong ..   oh, and there’s that Vardy lad to come back.

Annnnnnd ! ...   Silva, Iborra and the boys will win the Carry-boo cup for us !! ...     :scarf:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

No it was the result of pressure and increasing the momentum and upping the tempo, for whatever reason  the keeper decided that he did not want to concede possession made the wrong decision and got punished

You can consistently create chances of your own, you can’t force keepers into giving up a goal every week. Unfortunately we didn’t create enough chances of our own 

8 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Really dislike Klopp. It seems like he never has anything gracious to say about us when we play them. “Trying to be agressive”, “dry pitch” and “we deserved to win”. Wtf? 

One of the games characters? My arse. Another self obsessed , unsporting drama queen.

That was a bizarre analysis of the game from him. 

He said they controlled the game second half from a deeper position. I wouldn't call Morgan missing from 5 yards out, Gomez making a last ditch block to stop a certain goal and our actual goal being in control. 

Also he mentioned that we made tactical fouls when they were breaking lol but failed to mention Liverpool kicking the ball away by 10 yards at almost every free kick they conceded. Milner was more honest in his assessment admitting they was not great and had to win ugly.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I think the fans appreciate the effort from the players so will always applaud, most of the discontent is with the manager, I don’t Puel as the manager but will always support the team and players 

I think the players deserved the applause. I don't sense any discontent with the manager either from around where I sit or people I know personally. Most I speak to accept that change was needed and we couldn't carry on the way we were. Most are also accepting that the squad is young and all are learning a different way of playing and that it won't happen overnight with bags of mistakes on the way. If we wanted the finished articles we could neither afford them and the chances are they wouldn't want to come here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't sense any discontent with the manager either from around where I sit or people I know personally. Most I speak to accept that change was needed and we couldn't carry on the way we were. Most are also accepting that the squad is young and all are learning a different way of playing and that it won't happen overnight with bags of mistakes on the way.

I barely ever meet people IRL who complain about the manager / players like some of the worst culprits on FoxesTalk. 

This place draws in the impatient, knee-jerking, scape-goating crowd like moths to a flame. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's sickening how when we win, some "fans" aren't happy because "it was lucky", "we weren't convincing" and blah blah blah but only consider the result when we lose.
If you want a team which win and play well every game, go support...hmmm...a team like that doesn't exist actually, so maybe consider sticking to FIFA 2019 instead of real football.

Plenty of positives today, starting with Mendy who was even better against a worldclass team than his 2 first games.
Chilwell is a completely different player than last year, Maddison is confirming what we all thought, confirmed players (Magiire, Albrighton, Schmeichel,...) aren't underperforming like last year.
The game was balanced against the last Champions League finalist and one of the top 10 teams in the world, without Vardy.

About Gray, I think he started upfront beacause his speed was the only weapon in our team that could have caused serious problems against Van Dijk & Gomez.
His game was a bit poor but he still had the best occasion in open play apart for our goal.

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I barely ever meet people IRL who complain about the manager / players like some of the worst culprits on FoxesTalk. 

This place draws in the impatient, knee-jerking, scape-goating crowd like moths to a flame. 

I think you're spot on , sometimes FT appears to bare no resemblance to the real world ??

I wish people would look at things from a fair perspective -

We've had a 3rd season in a row starting off away, this time at United. We win our second game at home, without having to get out of 2nd gear but lose Vardy (our best player and arguably the best ever to don a City shirt) for 3 matches... Never underestimate the significance of that, yes we have to find other means of attack but we still base a lot around him and we're still in the infancy of transitioning.

We play our next game away without being particularly pretty but alas STILL clinch the 3 points. Win easily against Fleetwood in mid-week, OK a 3rd tier team but still score some cracking goals and blood Ghezzal in the process. Then we have the misfortune to play one of the big favourites to win the league this season in Liverpool, still very early in the season and still without Vardy yet we play some very nice football for long spells of the game and ultimately lose narrowly, whilst also being the first team to force Liverpool to concede this season.

Beat Bournemouth (which we've failed to do in all our matches with them) and we'll have had a very positive start to the season all things considered. Please, let's be positive instead of willing Puel to fail just to prove a point.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Possibly down to your own opinion, view and outlook on situations.

You rarely meet anyone who complain about the manager/players like on here, likewise I rarely meet anyone who really likes or wax lyrical about what they are seeing like some on here do.

Your own opinion on things probably taint what other believe whether that be pro's or con's.

Encouraging performance, with time and experience we will be a very good side. If only we’d not conceded the second just before half time. After that I can’t remember Kasper having anything to do. We were excellent second half and no one could complain if we had nicked a point - cracking block from Joe Gomez!  Lots to be encouraged about! Can understand the discontent with Maddison coming off, but I could see what he was trying to do. Vards back with more training under his belt and some reasonable fixtures to come!  

It's always horrible to lose, but our new signings showed today that we have seriously upgraded during the summer. Ricardo, Maddison, Ghezzal and Mendy (yes I know he's not but he feels like a new signing) are all quality footballers. And Chilwell and Gray are improving. And we haven't even seen Caglar yet.

We played some terrific stuff at times today and were unlucky to lose.

There are still issues to resolve but we are definitely on the right track.

Just now, Matt said:

Possibly down to your own opinion, view and outlook on situations.

You rarely meet anyone who complain about the manager/players like on here, likewise I rarely meet anyone who really likes or wax lyrical about what they are seeing like some on here do.

Your own opinion on things probably taint what other believe whether that be pro's or con's.

probably true.

also, +1 point for using the word taint. 

• Haha 2

It's the old cliche but that was a game of two halves.

First half was like a training session for them we were essentially playing 4-6-0, created almost next to nothing, started slowly and innefectively and should have been 2 down inside around ten minutes. We didn't press very much, we moved the ball far too slowly and the forward movement was non existent.

Second half we played most of it at a better tempo and created a little bit more but let's be honest they were not troubled that much after we scored.. Terrible error by the keeper allowed us a way back in, but for whatever reason we dropped the pressing and tempo and never really looked like getting an equaliser. We looked far better once we had a striker on the pitch.

Maddison played well but needs to up his work rate a bit. Ricardo was generally ineffective and Chilwell's end product was as usual.

We did some good things but I can't agree with those saying we were unlucky ir deserved to win. Yes we had quite a bit of the ball but we don't move it quickly enough when we really need to and teams can always regroup and make it harder for us to break them down.

Mendy was very good though he did give the ball away a few times. Whether he and Ndidi will give us the creativity in the middle of the pitch we need is at this moment uncertain.

Encouraging in parts but ultimately no points.

42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

This "they hadn't conceded all season" they wouldn't have conceded today if their keeper had just cleared the ball. It wasn't the result of good attacking.

True, bit we could have not closed him down too. Bad mistake but also good pressing.

Need a striker when Vardys isn't around and to give him some competition. Thought we played well second half but the damage was already done. Some good all round play and good performances. Nothing to be ashamed off

54 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I think the “negativity”, is more frustration as we really should have got something from that game.... I’m pretty pissed off we didn’t, yes we played well, but we had at least two glorious opportunities to score, and didn’t.....

Fair enough but why go so over the top in their negativity? They overstate their case.