Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

I watched from home and enjoyed our efforts and the evolution of the team. Gotta say though, the atmosphere over the last 15 mins when we need to back the players was poor. It was about 15 seconds from the end of added time when a sizeable chant got going. I think the only way this will improve is to swap the family stand with the  :ph34r: introduce safe standing, but it’s at times like this that 25/30k fans can really make a difference to the players. 

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Do you think we should beat United and Liverpool then? 

I think? We beat Liverpool at home last season and Man Utd are a mess under Jose so possibly yes. Or at least gain a point.

My point is we have to watch this attitude IF we start a losing run. It’s a points business. But as I say, we have 6 so we’re ok.

We don’t make things easy for ourselves! Shocking defending for the first goal. Much more positive in the second half. That first half we showed nothing and had 45 mins to try get something out the game.

i like what we are trying to do keeping the ball more and trying some neat passing combinations. We need to go at teams from the first whistle and not once behind. The two defeats this season haven’t been terrible, or one sided and against two much bigger teams we would expect to loose to normaly.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think? We beat Liverpool at home last season and Man Utd are a mess under Jose so possibly yes. Or at least gain a point.

My point is we have to watch this attitude IF we start a losing run. It’s a points business. But as I say, we have 6 so we’re ok.

Not in the league, we didn't...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I watched from home and enjoyed our efforts and the evolution of the team. Gotta say though, the atmosphere over the last 15 mins when we need to back the players was poor. It was about 15 seconds from the end of added time when a sizeable chant got going. I think the only way this will improve is to swap the family stand with the  :ph34r: introduce safe standing, but it’s at times like this that 25/30k fans can really make a difference to the players. 

Atmosphere was great ...   probably didn’t come across like that on the box ...   my ears were buzzing when I came out ...    fookin tinnitus !!  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We lost to Liverpool last season in a team what included Salah and their existing bunch. 3-2, miss a penalty - bit like today in fact that game. 

I’m finding it baffling that Leicester fans are using our performance against Liverpool as some realistic barometer. A realistic target is best of the rest - we are well lined up for that currently 

• Like 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

Atmosphere was great ...   probably didn’t come across like that on the box ...   my ears were buzzing when I came out ...    fookin tinnitus !!  :)

Last fifteen minutes was awful. Klopp threw the subs to slow down the game and it killed the atmosphere too

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Find this complaint baffling. We had three options Kelechi, Shinji or Gray. And having watched the game who did the best job of three?

Gray playing as CF and there’s the answer for original question. 

Honestly I'd say Iheanacho. Gray seemed on the periphery until he moved out wide. I get what Puels doing, but to me if you're taking a winger and trying to make a false 9 out of them they need to be a goalscoring winger to start with

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

Honestly I'd say Iheanacho. Gray seemed on the periphery until he moved out wide. I get what Puels doing, but to me if you're taking a winger and trying to make a false 9 out of them they need to be a goalscoring winger to start with

Kelechi was bobbins against Man U and missed two big changes against Fleetwood. 

Too many negs again ...    it’s no good moaning about Morgan ...   he’s on the pitch cus there ain’t no one better ...   at the moment !

And how anyone can moan about Maddison is beyond me ...   he looked well good to me and will become a key player.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'm normally a big defender of the team. However, despite the possession stats, Liverpool were streets ahead. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. We're still a decent prem team though. We'll do ok this season and could have taken a point today, against all the odds.

No way were they streets ahead. Anyone who thinks they were needs to come out of the closet and accept that they are secretly a Liverpool fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You've got to look at the game in the wider context of what the project is and where we hope to be.

The project is as I see it is to develop the team so as we can compete regularly with the top 6. In an effort to do that we've needed to bring in new players and show patience in the process.

Considering the money Liverpool and Utd paid for players I think we can and should be quite pleased. Liverpool are now the finished article and it showed today. they're strong, Fast, and talented with lots of skill all over the pitch.

We on the other hand are a few months into our project and doing ok with room for improvement. Today I think Puel got the line up wrong but that happens to all Managers. He clearly see something in Gray in the 9 role. My problem with that is Gray hasn't nailed down a starting place yet or shown enough to solidify his place to mess with his head and try and make a CF out of him.

He may have to reconsider the situation at RB also. That's 2 Goals in 4 Match Ricardo has been responsible for. That needs to be addressed.

He may have to consider bringing back Simpson, Though I would have stuck with Amartey today. Ricardo needs to develop a physical presence and not be pushed off the ball so easy.

Maddison for all his talent needs to improve his passing accuracy. 

Ghezzal looks a good player and will improve with more games. He has Goals in him, good movement as well as composer as shown in his Goal today.

We've ran 2 of the big 6 close, Overall the signs are looking very good. We just need to start games better or at least be more solid early in games.

We didn't trow in the Towel after going 2 down and the players deserve great credit for that. We could have nicked a point but didn't.

i've seen huge improvement in both players and the team. So the future is looking good. Relax and keep the faith and we'll be all right.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

You've got to look at the game in the wider context of what the project is and where we hope to be.

The project is as I see it is to develop the team so as we can compete regularly with the top 6. In an effort to do that we've needed to bring in new players and show patience in the process.

Considering the money Liverpool and Utd paid for players I think we can and should be quite pleased. Liverpool are now the finished article and it showed today. they're strong, Fast, and talented with lots of skill all over the pitch.

We on the other hand are a few months into our project and doing ok with room for improvement. Today I think Puel got the line up wrong but that happens to all Managers. He clearly see something in Gray in the 9 role. My problem with that is Gray hasn't nailed down a starting place yet or shown enough to solidify his place to mess with his head and try and make a CF out of him.

He may have to reconsider the situation at RB also. That's 2 Goals in 4 Match Ricardo has been responsible for. That needs to be addressed.

He may have to consider bringing back Simpson, Though I would have stuck with Amartey today. Ricardo needs to develop a physical presence and not be pushed off the ball so easy.

Maddison for all his talent needs to improve his passing accuracy. 

Ghezzal looks a good player and will improve with more games. He has Goals in him, good movement as well as composer as shown in his Goal today.

We've ran 2 of the big 6 close, Overall the signs are looking very good. We just need to start games better or at least be more solid early in games.

We didn't trow in the Towel after going 2 down and the players deserve great credit for that. We could have nicked a point but didn't.

i've seen huge improvement in both players and the team. So the future is looking good. Relax and keep the faith and we'll be all right.

The Shaw goal is a bit weird to put on Ricardo. Shaw had the luckiest touch off his shin and put it over Ricardo, even he wasn't expecting it himself. Any of our full backs would have struggled with it, because it was an unpredictable touch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

This "they hadn't conceded all season" they wouldn't have conceded today if their keeper had just cleared the ball. It wasn't the result of good attacking.

Neither were their goals. Ricardo fell over and Maddison refused to mark his man.

Fact is they hadn't conceded all season until today.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The Shaw goal is a bit weird to put on Ricardo. Shaw had the luckiest touch off his shin and put it over Ricardo, even he wasn't expecting it himself. Any of our full backs would have struggled with it, because it was an unpredictable touch.

Still don't understand how people think he could have done anything different, not one full back in the world would have anticipated that touch and movement from the ball

36 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It remains a mystery to me why Puel didn't start with Iheanancho & Okazaki with Vardy out, very baffling. At least it proved Gray is not a striker.

It cause Puel is purely focused on defence and procession, either he forgot about the attack part or maybe part of it part of his long term plan to feature in two seasons time maybe.