Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Liverpool attacked in numbers... that suggests high fitness levels.

Maybe we need more fitness... to start at pace...and attack in numbers

Mendy madison and ricardo are estsblished... great.

But lord we need a second centre forward.  Without vardy we have no edge .... they are expensive. ..dont we have anyone in u23s? Rashford got a chance at 19

I like gray but he has to step up this season. ... energy... and tackling back were good v man u...but he must keep it up

We should of gone early on Rondon,he would of been perfect,for us..With Vardy,or off the Bench

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Roberto Firmino, five fouls. Debatedly I’d say it was around seven but no yellow card and continued to throw tackles from behind like he did to Maguire. 

He’s the same every game. 

At times the ref allowed Liverpool to control the tempo. Milner was a ****ing joke on kicking balls away and that late lunge proved it exactly 

Shame this ref didn't book time wasting the same ludicrously harsh and quick way Mike Dean did against Evans and Maguire in the Wolves game - he'd have been booked on both the corners before their second goal and been sent off lol

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Nacho is a good finisher, indeed quite the goal poacher we need, but patchy and yet to really work out a partnership, though there were glimpses of this with Vardy at the end of last season.

We also do not have a lot of choice but to use him until the January transfer window! I hope Puels scouts are intensively searching, his signings so far seem to be pretty good, though we are yet to see our new Centrebacks.

He arrived with the reputation of a good finisher -- great even -- but I haven't seen it yet. 3 goals in the Prem for us in 1,016 minutes, that is a goal every 338 minutes. 

Out of curiosity, do you think we'd do the deal with Man City to get him again?

Edited by vanity

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the players deserved the applause. I don't sense any discontent with the manager either from around where I sit or people I know personally. Most I speak to accept that change was needed and we couldn't carry on the way we were. Most are also accepting that the squad is young and all are learning a different way of playing and that it won't happen overnight with bags of mistakes on the way. If we wanted the finished articles we could neither afford them and the chances are they wouldn't want to come here.

Well there was definitely discontent with his substitutions where I was sitting 

Forget all the shit....

we lost today,but I don't feel any dissatisfaction,or there is anything worth being football-depressive about....We turned up,and a part of our talent

Showed up...that's all I want to see.

total B.S. And  nonsense on our Subs,Maddison was tired,and Puel tried an another approach,one day so,the next so,so.

nobody on here have picked in all my years,a n obvious choice for replacement and the right sub....

fans are crap managers...basta!!

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Roberto Firmino, five fouls. Debatedly I’d say it was around seven but no yellow card and continued to throw tackles from behind like he did to Maguire. 

He’s the same every game. 

At times the ref allowed Liverpool to control the tempo. Milner was a ****ing joke on kicking balls away and that late lunge proved it exactly 

One of the most biased refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. Totally out of his depth for me.

5 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Yes in fairness to you I too thought I heard something as well. Substitutions are quite subjective though as many of us have different ideas about who we'd bring on and take off at any particular time yet only the manager has the full picture and knowledge of his players. I think for example Maddison was knackered but I would have been tempted to bring Iborra on. Armarty it was though and Puel tried something different for a reason known to him. I think at times you have to trust the managers judgement as he's with them all week, knows their current state of fitness, mental attitude and how much they are able to play within the system he's trying to play. How many on here if honest, and without any knowledge to back it up, would have sighed when they first saw Mendy's name on the team sheet as opposed to Silva or Iborra? At this point in time early in the season and with a new system the manager knows best and not a bunch of supporters who possibly disagree with each other anyway.

16 hours ago, Almo-Fox said:

Leicester were the better side and many missed chances by Madison ( always learning ) and gray ( not lucky and we miss vardy ) 

i don't understand why albrighton and Okazaki are still playing football 

it's a bitter outcome 

Everybody has a point of view,some you agree with but others...well,...... I have to say if you don`t see what Albrighton brings to the City team I`m amazed!

He ,in my opinion, has been the most consistent performer over the last 4 seasons, an absolute diamond.As for Oka.he`s obviously off the pace and is probably coming to the end of his City career but to say that they shouldn't be playing football is bizarre to say the least, a player most of us appreciate and will never forget.....Nowt so queer as Folk!!

• Like 1

Odd to say but it was mostly positive.

Definitely deserved a point from that however up front worries me.

Even with vardy back, he gets frustrated up front.

Most before that was brilliant yesterday, all over them for the most part and enjoyable footy to watch.

One thing razzed me off was when puel brought amartey on. I cannot think of one good reason why he would have done that.....?

Liverpool only won because they have an attack that is brutal going forward, even if they are getting smashed everywhere else - something we need to sort out asap.

8 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Shame this ref didn't book time wasting the same ludicrously harsh and quick way Mike Dean did against Evans and Maguire in the Wolves game - he'd have been booked on both the corners before their second goal and been sent off lol

As my Dad said to me at the game if you allow a player to get away with these tricks early on, you’ve set a standard where they can repeatedly keep doing it. Milner just kept doing it again and again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Currylover said:

Odd to say but it was mostly positive.

Definitely deserved a point from that however up front worries me.

Even with vardy back, he gets frustrated up front.

Most before that was brilliant yesterday, all over them for the most part and enjoyable footy to watch.

One thing razzed me off was when puel brought amartey on. I cannot think of one good reason why he would have done that.....?

Liverpool only won because they have an attack that is brutal going forward, even if they are getting smashed everywhere else - something we need to sort out asap.

While we are attacking them very well and our pressing get them nervous, they almost score a goal if only salah pass the ball in 3vs2 situation. And those promising counter happen another time. They can get 1 more and score the winning goal. 

Thats why we brought additional cover who's fast enough 

Well at least it wasn't just me who thought the ref was a little bias and such, the amount of fousl Firmino did surely he should have been booked, as the saints player the other week got booked for the same offence 

No one should be surprised by motd making like Liverpool were outstanding etc, it's the usual media pandaring to the masses, like sky and BT sport do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

One of the most biased refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. Totally out of his depth for me.

I thought he was fine at the game although wondered why Van Dijk finished the game when about five minutes after the goal Nacho played the ball and Van Dijk (already on a booking) arrived 5/10 seconds later and poleaxed him (to me that's an automatic free kick and yellow card). But yeah, he really failed to clamp down on their tactical fouling.

6 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I think every sub he made got booed. Everyone around me was questioning why he was taking off the players he did. The reaction to Amartey coming on was not the most pleasant either. 

Again another ‘Top 6’ team we should have taken at least a point from, Poor decision to start with Gray ahead of Iheanacho, Mendy is a revelation with Ndidi and both were brilliant today, Maddison just needs to think quicker and be more aware of the pace of the Premier League but still a fantastic prospect as is Ghezzal. Periera needs to brush up on his defensive duties but is great going forward as is Chilwell, finally we need Söyüncü in beside Maguire as he can’t cover the whole of the defence and it showed yesterday....

Phew, need a lie down now... :scarf: