Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If you ask any of their players I don't think anyone of them would agree. That was a proper slog for them. 

I'm not acquainted with any of their players. I've not read a review by any neutral that says we deserved anything from that game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm not acquainted with any of their players. I've not read a review by any neutral that says we deserved anything from that game.

Both Mane and Milner made a point of stating how tough they found the game in their interview.

Not the "we deserved a result" moaning again.

2 goal lead:

90% win

7.4% draw

2.6% lose

We trailed by 2 at the half. And we lost like we'd expect to 90% of the time. Why do people continuously underestimate how devastating trailing in football is? This is a take the lead and hold on sport. We didn't.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

2 goal lead:

90% win

7.4% draw

2.6% lose

We trailed by 2 at the half. And we lost like we'd expect to 90% of the time. Why do people continuously underestimate how devastating trailing in football is? This is a take the lead and hold on sport. We didn't.

Almost like people are saying on the balance of play we deserved something but let ourselves down, and nothing you've just said is an argument against that. We did put in a good showing. We should maybe have got something out of it but we failed ourselves with bad defending for easily avoidable goals.

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
On 02/09/2018 at 02:51, fuchsntf said:

In the pub...or alike attracts like each other....Now I know which part of the seating,I don't want to end up in.

Yes cause that makes sense 

3 Liverpool fans in my office (I work in Liverpool) plus the token Man U fan were raving about us and thought we were unlucky.  I don't believe in luck, we played well enough in terms of matching them on balance for the entire 90mins but as goals seem to count in football we lost.  Simples.  Happy with the performance though, it's a free swing really against this Liverpool team. I recall back in the Peter Taylor days when we somehow won games playing absolute garbage before eventually getting found out.  I would much rather play the way we did and lose than play badly and have won that game.  It's a long season and on that evidence we will do well.

On 02/09/2018 at 07:20, Currylover said:

Odd to say but it was mostly positive.

Definitely deserved a point from that however up front worries me.

Even with vardy back, he gets frustrated up front.

Most before that was brilliant yesterday, all over them for the most part and enjoyable footy to watch.

One thing razzed me off was when puel brought amartey on. I cannot think of one good reason why he would have done that.....?

Liverpool only won because they have an attack that is brutal going forward, even if they are getting smashed everywhere else - something we need to sort out asap.

I too wondered the same re Armarty but Puel has since come out and explained his train of thought. He apparently felt firstly that Maddison was fading badly and the stats he had to hand at that time showed that in his last 15 minutes of play,  Maddison had only touched the ball about 4 times all of which were in the Leicester half. In search of a goal, he felt Armarty could add some solidity at the back whilst freeing up Ghezzal and Pereira to more attacking duties.

Personally I had seen Maddison flagging badly also, he'd worked hard and thought about Iborra for his ariel strength  (up against two decent cb's though). In hindsight I think Puel was right as not meaning to knock Iborra, but he's not the swiftest or best at tracking runners for me and Liverpool 's movement off the ball at times was excellent. Think it was the right call. As for Iborra, he flew out to Spain later that evening but was keen to be back for training on Tuesday morning. 

• Like 2

On 02/09/2018 at 17:06, NewEnglandFox said:

2 goal lead:

90% win

7.4% draw

2.6% lose

F1. Get Hamilton in as manager. 

Despite the result, the players will have taken confidence from the game - a draw would have been a fair result. Had vardy been fit then a win was feasible. And this against a side many are saying will run Man City close.  Just as the payers will be looking forward to putting the record straight at home to United, the same is true when we travel to anfield. 

so looking forward to the next game - would love to get a win at Bournemouth- that’s something else that needs sorting from the past few seasons! 

The point of contention seems to be between posters saying we didn't create enough and others saying it was a positive performance because of the sustained pressure we put on Liverpool. Personally, (normally I'm quite optimistic and content with Puel) I thought we'd never get anything from the game because we didn't create anything significant in open play. Expected goals aren't the be all and end all but 4 out of our 5 shots on target had an xG of 0.21 and our only clear chance was a result of a dreadful mistake by Alisson. The encouraging thing is we won't face many more defences as good as that but it's a concern that we didn't create anything of note ourselves in both home games.

• Like 1