Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

Be great to have Vardy back for the trip to Bournemouth, Could have really done with him today would have caused Allison a few problems with those pass backs!

Ghezzal looks quality he will only get better with game time be good to see Souyuca get a run in and Chilwell is gonna have some sore Goolies later Jesus that looked painful !!

Edited by justfoxes

The second goal killed the match. Played brilliant second half and we were unfortunate not to get something out of the game. 

Fair play to Iheanacho he came on and put a shift in. Mendy again looked really good. Him and Ndidi were excellent at winning second balls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Still baffled that we invested so heavily in defence, whilst we are still starting Morgan! - And, we didn't sign a striker. How on earth have we come out of a window and ended up with Gray starting as a sole striker against Liverpool. Very odd. 

Can't wait for Vardy to come back, but Puel also needs to show more faith in Iheanacho. Should have started today. 

Think that's very fair point 

We keep starting games shite. Done it since we won the league. Can't go two goals behind and keep getting something.

Was a similar game to one we lost here last season to em too.

Made them look better than they are. I'm sick of conceding goals from corners. It's absolutely shocking the amount we concede. 

Puel was foolish with tactics. Why would you play Gray in the middle and leave Iheanacho on the bench. 

And that Amartey sub was just bizarre

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Christ almighty.

I weep at the state of our fans.

Be as smug as you like, there's not much wrong with what I've said.

There's plenty of encouraging signs in the games we've played so far but let's not pretend we were close to having 6 points of Liverpool and Man United. I get bored and annoyed with the commentators and pundits patronisingly saying how well we've played when the reality is we've essentially been Scrappy Doo being held at arm's length.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

We keep starting games shite. Done it since we won the league. Can't go two goals behind and keep getting something.

Was a similar game to one we lost here last season to em too.

Made them look better than they are. I'm sick of conceding goals from corners. It's absolutely shocking the amount we concede. 

Puel was foolish with tactics. Why would you play Gray in the middle and leave Iheanacho on the bench. 

And that Amartey sub was just bizarre

Why did we bring Amartey on at that point? Someone explain...

In reality, their keeper made 1 half decent save, the rest were just catching practice. If he had booted the ball up the field we wouldn't have scored at all. Yes we had moment where we looked good but we never looked like scoring.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Interesting stats. Possession is a meh stat as we all know, but the rest is encouraging.

Screenshot_20180901-143423.thumb.png.b3999147653cb247588c7ad3fe58de26.png

Leicester 1 Liverpool 2

The only stat that matters...

How we miss Mahrez and Vardy today, probably the difference between a top 6 side and 10th. But plenty of positives I think this does look like a team that can improve with games and build. Ghezzal had a good second half I thought, Maddison is class and Chilwell looks like he's going to have a great season and Mendy looks very composed. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to have a problem at RB and teamswill expoit that as we go through the season. 

It's a shame that we have ended up with two sitting midfielders. Personally now I would like to see Iborra in the team over Nididi to give us more attacking options, however Iborra can be quite eratic 

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Be as smug as you like, there's not much wrong with what I've said.

There's plenty of encouraging signs in the games we've played so far but let's not pretend we were close to having 6 points of Liverpool and Man United. I get bored and annoyed with the commentators and pundits patronisingly saying how well we've played when the reality is we've essentially been Scrappy Doo being held at arm's length.

I just don't like having my words twisted. There no way you could possibly extract "we couldn't score of our own accord" from my statement.

3 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

We played well - created good chances for Maddison, Gray etc. I think that’s an unbelievably negative response to what I’ve just watched. Not saying we dominated, but fully deserved a point against a very good Liverpool side. I don’t think many teams will play that well against them this season.

It's a response to the season so far if you'll read it again. We were good enough in the middle of the pitch but with teams scoring as easily as that we will get nothing in a lot of games unless they are also crap at defending (i.e. Southampton)

Just now, Webbo said:

In reality, their keeper made 1 half decent save, the rest were just catching practice. If he had booted the ball up the field we wouldn't have scored at all. Yes we had moment where we looked good but we never looked like scoring.

We either score or don't shoot.

Keepers don't make saves against us any more. Wolves keeper didn't have much to do save wise. De Gea did just a couple all game, Southampton keeper also didn't do much. 

We're so toothless up top