Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d best not post too much in fear of upsetting snowflakes, getting posts deleted or banned again.

Played well in parts, sent me sleep in others.

Think 2-0 (in the first half) flattered them but on the other hand for all our possession and knocking it about well we didn’t create much or threaten much.

Can anyone explain the negative subs? Last week they were made (luckily we managed a last minute winner) today Maddison was took off for Amartey.

It strikes me as similar to Shakespeare in the fact I claimed he went into game looking not to lose them rather than trying to win matches.

Likewise it struck me that Puel would rather lose 2-1 than actually going for it and potentially losing by more than 2-1 by making the negative change.

I think Gray came off because he was failing to affect the game, so Okazaki came on, he played down the middle, but to keep our shape (as Maddison is certainly not a winger), he had to come off. Amartey came on at right back, which meant Ricardo could move to right wing, and Ghezzal to left wing - keeping our shape.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s a points business. You can play all the keep-ball you like, if the opposition score more goals than you, it’s zero points.

I think we’re developing too, but we’ve got to get more cutting offensively.

Haha I feel like you think I'm disagreeing with that somehow? As I said, in the scope of this game I agree that the scoreline and result were important, and we lost those. However, our progression suggests that if we continue to improve in the manner we have over the last few games, we will pick up the points you, I and we all value. And yes, that comes down to converting our chances, I again agree.

Edited by CloudFox

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Honestly he has a decent PL record with us and Southampton... 

Well that’s nice, but can someone put the figures up?

Just now, Col city fan said:

It’s a points business. You can play all the keep-ball you like, if the opposition score more goals than you, it’s zero points.

I think we’re developing too, but we’ve got to get more cutting offensively.

Last season it was October before we had 6 points. Keep some perspective. 

I think Ricardo is better as a wingback, and Chilly needs to work on his crossing. 

Maddison, Gezzal and Mendy looking good. Lots of positives

First 25 our intensity was poor and gave Liverpool far to much respect, after that we got better and was unfortunate to concede just before half time. 

Second half first 30 minutes we was outstanding especially Mendy, Maddison, Chilwell and Maguire 

The only negatives was Gray upfront, starting slowly again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I think Gray came off because he was failing to affect the game, so Okazaki came on, he played down the middle, but to keep our shape (as Maddison is certainly not a winger), he had to come off. Amartey came on at right back, which meant Ricardo could move to right wing, and Ghezzal to left wing - keeping our shape.

It’s as simple as that, nothing negative at all, in fact more positive going 2 wide with 2 targets in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

What is Puel’s record with City? Let’s get the cards on the table...

Not many wins I don’t think. We r fluked a few; Brighton away last season, same with Soton last week, could say we were fortunate against Wolves.

How many games in the last 8 months have we played well in and won?

Very very few. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

I thought we were good today. International break and hopefully the new centre back can be fit for the next game? Didn’t think Wes was too bad though. Harry seems to be elsewhere in the first 10 minutes? Ghazzell looks great as does Mendy. Chilly was excellent again. 2-1 against Liverpool is nothing to be ashamed of. Striker needed in January. 

Edited by bridport007
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Not many wins I don’t think. We r fluked a few; Brighton away last season, same with Soton last week, could say we were fortunate against Wolves.

How many games I’m the last 8 months have we played well in and won?

Very very few. 

So 8th place with Southampton who are dreaming they had Puel back right now and 9th with us is bad? 

4 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Last season it was October before we had 6 points. Keep some perspective. 

I think Ricardo is better as a wingback, and Chilly needs to work on his crossing. 

Maddison, Gezzal and Mendy looking good. Lots of positives

Excellent post - but who is Chilly going to cross to?

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

We played really well. The team who finishes the season above Liverpool will most probably win the Premiership. 

The progress the team is making is impressive. Our composure on the ball is particularly nice to see (similar to England in the World Cup). It's a young team who will get better.  I am particularly keen to see how the Maddison and Vardy partnership develops. 

In regards to future transfers, I think number wise, we are fine. I hope we splash the cash on a central midfielder and a forward he can play on the wing and up front. 

• Like 1