Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We made too few chances, for me. The overall effort was good but we were gifted our goal and apart from a couple of shots we didn’t really threaten.

Aye, but at the same time we gifted them their goals too- did enough for a result today. 

• Like 3

The blame lies purely with Puel at the minute, but don't think this is me wanting him out. I'm buying in to his project, to replace him would be a waste as we'd have a new manager not wanting to perservere with a squad of young players like this. But he's not getting them primed from the off in games, I point the finger at his lacklustre demeanour and he's not firing them up. Whether we needed someone like Appleton to slam the message home, I'm not sure but we're soft from the off.

You don't EVER not play a striker at home, if he does that again then I'll be back in the boozer within 5 minutes. You can see the confidence he's given Mendy and Ghezzal that you know fine well wouldn't have under another manager yet the message he's giving Iheanacho is' even when Vardy is out there's a good chance you won't start. He's set two goals up in the last two league games and we were a different team when he came on. I feel it's an opportunity wasted. Defensively we were weak against a team that caused us very little problems bar their 2 goals that were both mistakes. 

Morgan was atrocious today, if this is his last season then like Fuchs he should be back up and Evans or Soyuncu be in there. He's annoyed me.

Ghezzal, Mendy and Ndidi were all over the place and cone out with a lot of credit. Ghezzal was defensively strong, his first touch was superb and everything was positive. I'm really excited by him in this side he's a team player. 

Maddison was a bit frustrating until 50-55 mins in and then he was spot on, we started getting him involved and he was dynamite.

All in all we could and should have got something today if we'd been more positive from the off. We're a work in progress but that still doesn't make it easy to tolerate the obvious errors. That 3rd sub today was beggars belief too, we completely lost the impetus and any chance of getting a point we deserved. 

We've got a lot of talent in this squad, we need a more fearless mentality and defensively need to be more switched on. 

• Like 3

What a frustrating game! Just walking back from the game and you could have predicted that game so easily. Sloppy start to concede, finally get into the game at the half hour mark then another sloppy goal given away at the worst possible time. Second half full thought we were great for large periods but it was always going to be too much to do even though we had the chances to do it.

Gray as a 9 failed badly. There was never anyone in the box in the first half and he never pestered them which is why I thought he got the nod. As soon as Nacho came on we had a focal point and he chased them down to get us our goal. The decision to bring on Amartey right at the end for Madders was also baffling. I get wanting to push Ricardo on but he could have just done that without replacing Madders who although hit and miss was easily one of our most dangerous players. That’s two weird subs in a week. 

But with the negativity out of the way there was plenty to be happy about. Ndidi and Mendy eventually got their act together and dominated the centre of the pitch. Keita coming on redressed the balance a bit but I still feel they won the midfield battle. Ndidi’s passing was much better and Mendy once again was very good. No fan would have had him in their team at the start of the season but he deserves his spot in the team. The two are forming a good partnership and compliment one another. 

Rachid Ghezal was outstanding. Not a pound shop Mahrez but more like Marks and Spencer’s. Our most dangerous player today who rarely put a foot wrong and impressed me a lot today. Ricardo and Maddison were also decent though some of Madders decisions frustrated me.   Chilwell was really hit and miss, at times fabulous but at others hopeless. But these are young players and these things are to be expected. 

Overall i I thought we played some really nice stuff and a bit like the Man U game made an expensively assembled side look very ordinary. However, if you start slow and defend like clowns you’ll lose matches to the top teams. Liverpool never really cut us apart, it was more like shooting ourself in the foot. Again. But still quite impressed as we could and maybe should have got something from that and there are definitely signs of improvement in every game. Ghezzal today was a real highlight for example. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We made too few chances, for me. The overall effort was good but we were gifted our goal and apart from a couple of shots we didn’t really threaten.

I think what annoys me @Col city fan is at home I expect us to give anyone in this division a really good game

i wasn’t there but from what you are saying we didn’t have enough chances etc? 

Poor if that is right?

up the Foxes. :D 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
26 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The 4-6-0 Im still not convinced... we looked better with at least one striker 

He’s playing without any defenders next week, we should win the midfield battle 

Some of the football was brilliant at times and we controlled the game in huge parts.I’ll have to agree we did look a bit toothless at times but our main striker wasn’t playing and Liverpool haven’t conceded a goal before today so they are no mugs when it comes to defending. Arnold was getting murdered at times which resulted in him being taken off and them going three at the back . And although he’s a young  player he’s no slouch . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

That was a great effort today - on another day we could have easily got a point or all three. More than content with the performance. Ghezzal and Mendy were outstanding. Maddison looked dangerous again. 

The thing for me is the slow starts to the matches. We've gone behind in all of the league games bar Wolves where we were lucky not to do so. We do need to sort that out. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Huffing and puffing for an hour in the middle third of the pitch against sides who are happy to sit off knowing we've got fvck all going forward doesn't constitute 'dominating' or 'deserving something' from games for me.

Well the Pros in the studio thought different to the man posting on FT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

That was a great effort today - on another day we could have easily got a point or all three. More than content with the performance. Ghezzal and Mendy were outstanding. Maddison looked dangerous again. 

The thing for me is the slow starts to the matches. We've gone behind in all of the league games bar Wolves where we were lucky not to do so. We do need to sort that out. 

Nailed on mate 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

how come?

not many chances created and that goal was a gift.Liverpool let us play we did fine,still counts

but not sure what you mean saying we deserved a win 

More possession

More shots

More shots on target.

The goal wasn't a gift. Iheanacho worked hard but there was a lot to do after that. There first goal was so fortunate for them with the lucky bounce.

Our intricate passing play was a wonder and we played them off the park at times. They really looked like they could only score on the break.

All this without probably the most deadly striker we have ever had who always scores against Liverpool. 

After that first 10 minutes we really looked a class side.

Top 7 is guaranteed.