Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Liverpool 2 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Another slow start. After Salah missing an easy chance after 6 minutes, that should of been a wake up call. Three minutes later more awful defending allowed them to score. Salah and Mane kept running between the full backs and centre backs and we couldn't cope with it.

Liverpool won without getting out of second gear.

To be fair in the seocnd half we were a lot better, for the first 25 minutes of it. Then we let the tempo dropped and lost control of the game.

Why bring Amartey on when you're 1-0 down? I know Ricardo went forward but why have 1 attacking player on the right instead of 2? Puel baffles me sometimes.

Because you have to defend also.

2 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Watching today it was pretty obvious we'll struggle at the moment to score from any crosses however they are played especially from the position he crosses as it's often to slow and when defenders are in good positions. I prefer it when we cross early or when the Chill cuts in and plays to feet. Obviously cant do that all the time but it would be nice to see him vary his play more.

He has to be slow crossing it in as there's not usually anybody there to cross to.

It's great to think we're still finding our feet as a team. 

I expect Puel to ship out Silva and Ibotta and bring in a more energetic midfielder.

He'll probably try and offload Iheanacho at some point too and bring in a replacement.

We're exciting to watch at the minute too and we are getting better and moving the ball with real purpose!

• Like 1

We played very good football, I’d say for the majority of the match we were dominant and it was against a team who will undoubtedly be top 3 possibly even win it. 2 sloppy defensive plays cost us. I can live with that and am very optimistic this season off the back of that. 

79648D36-6D71-4AE2-9021-5E35EF89D746.png

Feeling really hacked off....

Hacked off that we don’t seem to wake up until 15 minutes against every team.

Hacked off we have this habit where we seem to switch off and concede in the last few minutes of the first half especially against top 6 sides. 

Hacked of we played really well and deserved a point. 

Can’t really fault any of them today, Mendy and Wilf were amazing. 

The more substitions we made the more we seemed to lose the initiative. 

Wes did well defensively but he’s never going to be a footballing centre back. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He has to be slow crossing it in as there's not usually anybody there to cross to.

Yes true he needs to try something else. Would love to see him just drive at the defence more and cut back from the line. or play inside like the build up to Maguires goal at Southampton

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Its weird seeing other fans beibg impressed with our players and team. Most of the reaction to this current City side has been pleasantly positive by most PL fans. Its a fun team to watch and a team that likely will finish 7th-10th. I wish some of our fans would share that positivity.

They know we’re no threat. I remember the same reception to Stoke when Mark Hughes was there. “They play good football now” “Should be happy finishing ninth every year” ect. Then they got relegated.

52 minutes ago, bridport007 said:

I thought we were good today. International break and hopefully the new centre back can be fit for the next game? Didn’t think Wes was too bad though. Harry seems to be elsewhere in the first 10 minutes? Ghazzell looks great as does Mendy. Chilly was excellent again. 2-1 against Liverpool is nothing to be ashamed of. Striker needed in January. 

52 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Played well but two horrific bits of defending, and it looked like Wes at the heart of both, cost us.

Also, they're not going to get close to Man City, still got a keeper who'll cost them more points than he'll win them

I daren't comment. :shutup:

2 minutes ago, Benguin said:

We played very good football, I’d say for the majority of the match we were dominant and it was against a team who will undoubtedly be top 3 possibly even win it. 2 sloppy defensive plays cost us. I can live with that and am very optimistic this season off the back of that. 

79648D36-6D71-4AE2-9021-5E35EF89D746.png

#wononpossession

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

They know we’re no threat. I remember the same reception to Stoke when Mark Hughes was there. “They play good football now” “Should be happy finishing ninth every year” ect. Then they got relegated.

Threat to top 6? Of course not. But we are better than most teams and will most likely finish too half. 

Stoke finished 9th three years in a row. That's not to be sniffed at.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

probably our best performance so far this season, I'm a bit gutted the Gray experiment was for this game, would really like to see him against a team more on our level and see if he could be effective there. 

I agree with you. I can see why he could work as modern 9 but to play him in that role against one of the best teams in the league who had yet to concede was a step too soon. When he went left wing he looked much more dangerous. 

Against a team expected to be in the bottom 10 would have been the game to try it but now we have Sir Jamie Vardy returning so probably don’t need to. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Watching today it was pretty obvious we'll struggle at the moment to score from any crosses however they are played especially from the position he crosses as it's often to slow and when defenders are in good positions. I prefer it when we cross early or when the Chill cuts in and plays to feet. Obviously cant do that all the time but it would be nice to see him vary his play more.

Today I think the better option was to play Gray wide and try and stretch them at the back. As it was he was too easy to defend against and it allowed their full back get forward.

With Chilwell and Gray working together we might have done much better. Especially second half.

It's clear we are trying to find runners from midfield, The problem is they're not very good at shooting either.

Going forward, I can see Ghezzal coming infield and getting a few from cross field passes.

56 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

After the standard twenty minutes in the first half where we forgot to show up. I thought we did well. We are building a team and changing styles. More so, the squad is very young. It’s going to take time for this all to fall into place.

49 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We looked good with Maguire's possession and passing keeping us ticking along. We'll look even better with Soyuncu doing the same. We'll still need buy more strikers in January though.

Which decent striker will sign for us knowing that at most they will play about 8 PL games a season?

29 minutes ago, eaststand68 said:

Puel is the new Peter Taylor! 

You're the new Denis Wise.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

#wononpossession

Not going to say that, as we all know too well that the score is all that matters. You’ve got to look at the other stuff when you lose though and it makes for positive reading this week and offers optimism going forward. If it were against Burnley then who cares but Liverpool, that’s good going.

I like to think I’m fairly balanced and not overly reactionary but I’m quite disappointed with that. Obviously they’ve got an outstanding attack but I thought we were perhaps lucky to only concede twice and we barely created anything of note ourselves.

Gray absolutely isn’t a striker, it’s a good job the Fleetwood game was part of Vardy’s suspension.

Mendy, Maguire and Albrighton’s had good games. Pleased for Ghezzal too.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Played well but two horrific bits of defending, and it looked like Wes at the heart of both, cost us.

Also, they're not going to get close to Man City, still got a keeper who'll cost them more points than he'll win them

You can’t blame Wes for either goal

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I like to think I’m fairly balanced and not overly reactionary but I’m quite disappointed with that. Obviously they’ve got an outstanding attack but I thought we were perhaps lucky to only concede twice and we barely created anything of note ourselves.

Gray absolutely isn’t a striker, it’s a good job the Fleetwood game was part of Vardy’s suspension.

Mendy, Maguire and Albrighton’s had good games. Pleased for Ghezzal too.

Mate,  I hear St Johns Wort is worth a go. Cheer up for Fox Sake!