Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Bournemouth V Leicester - Match Thread

Persist with Morgan and Puel will be signing his own death certificate.   Pace and mobility at CB is a must in the EPL.  We have neither.  Is he either blind or scared of Morgan.  I am 100% behind Puel but not for much longer if he does not cure his blind spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Back 4 as a unit been hopeless along with 3 extremely poor individual performances is always a recipe for disaster

Not been helped by the midfield 2 either tbf, especially Ndidi (who for me looks to be at best stalling in his development) who is doing his best King impression. Gray also hid after his first run ended up with him dribbling it out of play.

Ghezzal and Maddison been decent.

Would go 5 at the back now. Playing 4 with cavalier full backs means we need pace at centre half which we don't have until Soyuncu is in.

This is our primary issue. Any good through ball that splits our centre backs is basically impossible for us to defend currently.

Edited by Beechey

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Evans and Iborra to come on please. We need to try regain control of the ball in the middle

No thanks, both waaaay too slow. Bournemouth would run rings around them.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought everyone was fed up with him being defensive?

Exactly. He gets called out when we play "boring football" win or lose and then called out when the 45 minutes pass in a flash.

I personally prefer this attacking football and the occassional loss.

3 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

You don't go 3 nil down being unlucky...you make your own luck...we've been shit

Anymore sayings you heard an ex-liverpool player make? Next you'll be complaining about Puel's aftermatch interview.

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Not sure it has much to do with luck, tbh.

We look pretty lethargic, we start slowly, we're not big on creativity and we concede extremely soft goals.

And therefore luck was involved in the points we have on the board...

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You haven’t completed your apprenticeship yet then ......... I mean we win the bloody league in your first twenty years !! 

Am am I the only person concerned that Maddison is playing too high and because he is easily by passed, we are left light in centre midfield???

True but the majority of my first 10 years were the after shock of Peter Taylor culminating in league 1! We/i deserved that title win!

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

That’s bs tbh, plenty of moaners after we’d beaten wolves and Southampton because of the performance. 

Probably both of their fans would say we got lucky with both results, if they'd taken their chances both could have won those games. I think we going to see how this will unfold as the season goes on. 

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Everyone has been saying that playing Ricardo behind Ghezzal was suicide and everyone has been saying Morgan's time is done. Puel has chosen a lineup not many of us agree with and it's cost us so disagree bud...buck lies with him.

Ricardo has had a poor game but he's a 20 million pound right back, you've got to give him time there. As for Morgan, yes he ain't been great either but maguire has been worse, a total car crash. I went to Southampton away where Morgan was one of our best performers so you you can't just heap the blame on him 

I really want Puel to succeed here because I really admire the vision of where he wants to take the club. However, halves of football like that have become all too common. It's just so predictable what's going to happen. I'm torn because I can see things continuing along like this, but on the other hand I don't want us to resort to a quick fix/Sam Allardyce type appointment. Anyone got any ideas as to what direction we should be going in?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I’m in Charlotte, so we’ve had a lot of wind and rain up to now. Tonight is when we’ll start getting hammered and I expect it to be ugly. The soil here is loose and the rain won’t help matters; lots of trees bound to go down and take power lines with them. I’m expecting 2-3 days without power starting late this evening. 

Stay safe fella :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Persist with Morgan and Puel will be signing his own death certificate.   Pace and mobility at CB is a must in the EPL.  We have neither.  Is he either blind or scared of Morgan.  I am 100% behind Puel but not for much longer if he does not cure his blind spot.

Maguire has been considerably worse and so has Ricardo defensively. They all need to take responsibility 

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I swear we could play Bournemouth every day until 2030 and still not manage to win, bogey team. Nothing more nothing less.

Smug cvnt Howe's post match interview will no doubt be massively cvntish. Hope he gets a big job and fails.

he could come here. would be ok by me.

3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I’m in Charlotte, so we’ve had a lot of wind and rain up to now. Tonight is when we’ll start getting hammered and I expect it to be ugly. The soil here is loose and the rain won’t help matters; lots of trees bound to go down and take power lines with them. I’m expecting 2-3 days without power starting late this evening. 

On the plus side. you'll miss the meltdown if takes out wifi

• Haha 1