Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Bournemouth V Leicester - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Are people genuinely taking the piss on here when they suggest bringing Pearson back? Or is it actually like, serious? 

No people are serious, which says all you need to know about people.

As shit as Puel is, we actually finished higher under him last year than we did under Pearson.

Well, this has really ruined my morning.

So yeah, the high line is a tactical disaster. 

The reality is, we aren't disciplined enough to play this high line. We certainly aren't FAST enough when our lack of discipline plays them onside, or when they simply put the ball in space in a race behind our CBs.

Literally ANY good through-ball is a nightmare for us, as we are likely as not to lose the race and find Bournemouth 1-on-1 with Kasper. Reminds me of us playing Man City in Claudio's last season when we split their high line open repeatedly.

If we are going to play like this, we need to go to a back 3. We are effectively playing a back 2 at times, and between Morgan and Maguire, IDK if they add up to one CB at the moment.

The other thing the high line does is it Rob's us of Ndidi's tackling. He is so far fwd he cannot defend Kasper for us, same goes for Mendy.

Obviously Maguire looks tired and slow from all the games he has played.

Morgan is simply a below average CB due to his lack of mobility, and he is getting dominated. Jonny Evans must be absolutely washed up for Wes to be beating him out, which is basically what we've seen from him when he's played for us.

Funny thing is, if Amartey starts at RB, it is probably 1-0.

Going forward, we need actual defenders in front of Kasper, he isn't exactly de Gea or Courtois back there, he's our guy but he's a bang avg Prem keeper, we cannot keep leaving him 1-on-1.

I would expect the high line to be retired immediately, but Puel is stubborn AF when he fails, so it honestly wouldn't shock me to see the exact same thing next game. 

The sad thing is, we could prob be 90% as effective coming fwd without consistently commiting our FBs fwd if we play a deeper line and allow Mendy and Ndidi to defend on our half of the pitch. Just much too aggressive an approach today, wrong team to do this against.

Have to say anyone not seriously concerned about our season after this showing needs to have a rethink. Essentially outplayed by a decent but not great Bournemouth side and our 6 points have come more from poor finishing by the opponents rather than by great play by us.

Puel looks out of his depth frankly and so do us his team. No excuses now. These are his players, playing his tactics, playing under his instructions.