Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

We played well in the first half going forwards, Vardy looked rusty and should probably have scored one. Gray and Ghezzal invisible.

The main issue was both playing so high up and picking Morgan and Maguire to play in a line so high. Both Puel’s mistakes and the Morgan sending off (which was pathetic) is probably a good thing as it hopefully means Soyuncu comes in.

Souyuncu and Albrighton to start in league games. Pereira isn’t good enough defensively either.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

In reply to milo from the other thread:

I enjoyed the game.

I admire what Wes has done for us over the years but I think you must have confused me with someone else if you think I want him to start (but he's still better than Evans).

I like Puel and the fun attacking football with youngsters that he is developing.

we had way more attempts and shots on target than them and on another day we may have won - we didn't but it was a fun game.

Maddison looked great, Vardy was good, ghezzal was good, Mendy , Ndidi and Albrighton were fine.

I certainly didn't think it was dross.

almost loss 4 -0 

not sure what you was watching

what would be dross? 

Edited by HankMarvin

I'm absolutely astonished that we can create like 6 clear chances and only score 2 (1 from a penalty as well). Defensively we were as poor as I can remember in a long time - like end of Ranieri era poor.

Quick CB needed desperately.

Edited by Beechey

That back 4 must never start again unless injuries and suspension take hold.

If we stay 4 at the back Soyuncu has to play for his pace, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, our players really would suit a 3 at the back system. Covers us more defensively and gets all of our biggest goal threats on the pitch together.

As well as the back 4, thought Gray and Ndidi were poor. Ndidi is starting to concern me a bit with his lack of form. If he isn't breaking up play or disrupting their build up he is not really of any use given his mediocrity in possession.

Maddison our best player by some distance.

Very disappointing result. Offensively we looked quite good and not only scored two goals but should have scored some more as well. Defensively we were all at sea yet again and this remains one of our biggest Achilles heels for the last 12 months minimum. Yet you cannot deny we were at one point 4-0 behind and down to 10 men against a team that finished below us last season.

I do understand why people are upset with the manager but I think he deserves at least another 5 games minimum. But the guys have got to do work defensively. For all the plaudits Maguire gets, he is often guilty of poor decisions at the back. Today it was our defence that cost us and I think it's more than fair to question the manager on that one given we brought 3 centre backs in the summer, played none of them and our captain got sent off.

The next game will feel like a must-win to me, because if we don't the support will get toxic again.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

In reply to milo from the other thread:

I enjoyed the game.

I admire what Wes has done for us over the years but I think you must have confused me with someone else if you think I want him to start (but he's still better than Evans).

I like Puel and the fun attacking football with youngsters that he is developing.

we had way more attempts and shots on target than them and on another day we may have won - we didn't but it was a fun game.

Maddison looked great, Vardy was good, ghezzal was good, Mendy , Ndidi and Albrighton were fine.

I certainly didn't think it was dross.

Weighs it up for me...Any loss brings out the Puel out Brigade...

Now with Morgan on red for a few games.....might see some improvement in defence.

Maguire had a bad day...not  Puels fault.

That last 3rd, and chances have improved,but not converting...

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I'll get slated for this, but, I didn't think we were that bad today. 

I totally agree. We played some really good football. Even with 10 men I thought we were the better team in general play. The problem was that we played a high line against 2 quick forwards with 2 slow centre halves. Suicidal. Surely Soyuncu will get a chance now?

It doesn't look likely but I'd love Bournemouth to get relegated as it seems to be the law that we are not allowed to beat them. In fact, we've not even once been ahead in the 7 games against them. Amazing really.