Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
northernfox321

Last 26 games

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

That's why we play in seasons and not years.

We're 5 games in. We're 10th in the top flight. We're Leicester City ffs. Our record reflects the mid table average side we are.

I'm guessing you were one that was calling for Pearson's name after his half a season back here because we didn't finish top 6. 

Shame our wage bill doesn’t 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

The 26 games thing. I'd be interested to see Puels record overall and some analysis of whether we are improving, staying the same or getting worse. Clever graph someone?

How are you judging improvement though? Based solely on results? Or are you taking possession, successful/number of passes, goal scoring chances? 

Results don't show how you're playing or improvement 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

How are you judging improvement though? Based solely on results? Or are you taking possession, successful/number of passes, goal scoring chances? 

Hard to judge over two seasons too - well one of those seasons being so young anyway.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

History says it never boosts clubs. 

Forest, Blackburn, Everton have all won the league and it’s hardly led to a legacy there. 

Montpellier, Verona, Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern, Boavista, Deportivo La Coruna - all clubs which won their league against the might of their countries elite clubs couldn’t sustain it. 

You break the status quo - the big clubs bite back. 

Apart from Blackburn did any of the clubs you mention have a similar kind of investment available that we did/do at the time? 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Apart from Blackburn did any of the clubs you mention have a similar kind of investment available that we did/do at the time? 

It’s all relative to the point in time - for all the money we have, we are still 7th to 10th in the budget stakes within the PL. I bet Everton and West Ham’s wage bills from this year are now in line with our own. 

Those teams mentioned were all in a similar scenario - budgets which were 7th to 10th with their domestic league; possibly a little lower for Montpellier, but Boavista and Depor were probably 4th/5th biggest budgets at that respective point. 

They simply couldn’t sustain it. Our title success has an awful lot in common with Everton winning it under Kendall. They ended up bringing in his no 2 as manager and it backfired badly. Spent most of the early 90s battling relegation.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely results are the most important thing in football. Sounds like a David Pleat quote! 

2 hours ago, northernfox321 said:

Last 26 games 7 wins 6 draws 13 losses 27 points out of 78 available,is this the claude revolution we were promised if it is it's unacceptable the club is going no where under him the defensive errors never been sorted,players been bought then he doesn't play them,there is also no plan B, he should gone at end of last season 

I'm guessing we won the game 27 matches ago.

I’m just as unhappy as anyone when we lose but the short term thinking of our fans don’t help. We’re not one of the elite clubs in this league so I don’t get the meltdown when we lose away from home. It’s a tough league!

He has his faults undoubtedly but I don’t feel his position is untenable at all. He’s trying to develop younger players and play a more sustainable style of football. I know we’ve enjoyed the counter attacking football we’ve been accustomed to but it was clear as day that we’d been sussed out and needed to adapt. 

Give him until Christmas at least and if there are no noticeable improvements we should look for a better option 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What mistakes? Point out a mistake last season what we haven't improved upon?

We conceded 16 set piece goals under Shakespeare, we've conceded 5 under Puel. That's a good lesson learnt I'd say.

Pace is a concern of mine and Maguire and Morgan must be the slowest pairing in the division. But Rashford, one of the fastest forwards in the league, didn't trouble us. I've never seen this new lad play but apparently he's got some pace. So now Morgan's out he'll hopefully come in. Won't improve Maguire's pace though.

As for this "no point keeping the ball not doing anything with it". I'm pretty sure I saw Vardy miss two good chances yesterday, Maddison hit the bar and Maguire have one cleared off the line.

He made a mistake yesterday.

He played too high a line and left the CBs exposed.  No wonder they looked all at sea, they were set up to fail.  The team is not well drilled enough to cover marauding wing backs - and yes, they are wing backs.  You can play wing backs in 4-2-3-1, the amount of people that don't understand that after all this time is so frustrating.

We walked int a trap yestersday and sadly the blame for that has to lie with Puel.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

All I’m saying is that when we lose, especially to the so-called ‘smaller teams’, a number of us churn out the old chestnut of ‘well we weren’t expected to win anyway’ and all that gubbins. 

I made the point yesterday...just look at the Bournemouth pre match threads and you’ll see that nearly everyone WAS expecting us to win. Unless people on here just say that City will win anyway (and I’m sure their are many like that), the general consensus was on the draw, or win.

Now that we’ve lost and lost heavily, the same people can’t then do a uturn in less that 24 hours and claim we were never going to win anyway.

Puel’s record isn’t good. Personally, I look at our squad now and expect that record to markedly improve. If it doesn’t, something is not working.

Interesting observation for those who were watching MOTD yesterday. When Morgan got sent off. Puel stood on the touch line looking like he wanted to say something to the skipper, and Morgan appeared to absolutely blank him. Play it back and you’ll see.

He wanted to say "twat" but couldn't translate it quick enough

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The last 26 games we've lost we've got zero points.

Sadly, we didn't get 3 points for every game we won. We were the "moral winners" and "possession champions" of loads of games, but for some reason the Premier League didn't award us the points for them :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northernfox321 said:

I'm not a puel fan but it annoys me that he is tactical clueless keeps making same mistakes 

Dude you've said 'making the same mistakes' in most of your posts in this thread and each time someones challenged you on it your "mistakes" have been things most people think he's sorting out 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

They are, but as I said in another post, how do you rate a manager whose team isn't his own and then this year after 5 games? 

Come off it.

He had a good squad last year which was expected to finish above Burnley and qualify for Europe. 

He failed in that respect. He has had two transfer windows to bring in new players too, and almost a year to get the team up to that level. He starting being paid early last season and that’s from when he should be judged.

Ludicrous to suggest (or even of the hierarchy to believe) that last season was a free hit and he should only be judged on the last 5 games; which is conveniently too short a time for him to be judged on ! 

We have a better squad imo, and if he hasn’t improved results by the anniversary of his appointment they need to start looking elsewhere; a year is a long time to stagnate in modern football.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

All I’m saying is that when we lose, especially to the so-called ‘smaller teams’, a number of us churn out the old chestnut of ‘well we weren’t expected to win anyway’ and all that gubbins. 

I made the point yesterday...just look at the Bournemouth pre match threads and you’ll see that nearly everyone WAS expecting us to win. Unless people on here just say that City will win anyway (and I’m sure their are many like that), the general consensus was on the draw, or win.

Now that we’ve lost and lost heavily, the same people can’t then do a uturn in less that 24 hours and claim we were never going to win anyway.

Puel’s record isn’t good. Personally, I look at our squad now and expect that record to markedly improve. If it doesn’t, something is not working.

Interesting observation for those who were watching MOTD yesterday. When Morgan got sent off. Puel stood on the touch line looking like he wanted to say something to the skipper, and Morgan appeared to absolutely blank him. Play it back and you’ll see.

There are such things as bogy clubs and Bournemouth are in that category. When we won the league I dont  think we beat them  and they had a much worse side than now. Have we ever beat them in the premier

It's the no hope that does it for me. I have not much hope that we're gonna get much better. We have moments but that's all it proves to be. 

We needed to change or adapt the style which was once so successful for us. We look like we don't have a idea what the best side is. I've never seen us cross the ball in so much to absolutely no one or expect Vardy to win something in the air. Pass the ball around the edge of box and cross it to no one. 

But now we are sideways and so toothless it's unbelievable. We lose games and never really look like we're gonna get back in them. Once we go behind it looks bleak every time. 

3-0 down and not one sub at HT. Thats a joke. Still we leave everyone back at the set pieces or corners. With pace we do have we should leave Vardy up at least.

If we concede early on to Huddersfield it will be a up hill struggle. I don't see an easy game at all. Newcastle the week after will still be winless probably and they'll still beat us if we don't create and take more chances.

I'm not sure if things will get all that better.

Might do without Morgan for one single game though

2 hours ago, northernfox321 said:

I'm not a puel fan but it annoys me that he is tactical clueless keeps making same mistakes 

Surely it should be "and" not "but".

I'm not sure what you mean by "tactical clueless"

Can you elaborate on what mistakes he keeps making?

Is Mourhino any better?