Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

not necessarily a CP hater here but struggling & hoping for a draw with Udders at home while letting them at times to dominate us is hardly a sign of "qualiteee" imo

Hud dominating? Perhaps early in the game, certainly not the last 25 min of the 1st half, we have been in control. 

The thing is mate, the finishing is what makes the style look poor. We had several opportunities to really put a shot in but flubbed our lines. If the score is 2-1, 3-1, we aren't complaining. Right now, we have everything but the finishing, and, while I personally am not convinced this group has it in them to figure out how to finish, I remain hopeful Vardy will get the rust off, and the younger lads will improve and start showing that qualiteee.

But we have this game in the bag, don't worry.

• Like 2

Just now, ozleicester said:

To be fair, they are sitting with 10 behind the ball when we attack, its gonna take some patience and talent to get through

Yeah but why do that when you can do as seemingly everyone here wants and just smack it forward for their CB's to head away repeatedly?

Don't like this "passing" thing that's infested football.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

To be fair, they are sitting with 10 behind the ball when we attack, its gonna take some patience and talent to get through

We've still had the least amounts on attempt on ther goal then any other side...btw, how many attempts did we have....is it good enough?

Just now, justfoxes said:

still got a feeling even if we win this one the owners won’t be too impressed with the performance today and could see CP lose his job tonight?

Not sure but I'm really not sure what Puel is trying to do and if the owners feel the same then maybe.

A young side, with good and already successful youth development, improved players, plenty of backup for the CBs, some exciting new players, width from the full backs, a back three when we move forwards and a great number 10 sounded like a very promising system and team.

But after this selection he seemed to abandon that since we were exposed on the counter last match and then tried a new approach? It seems like a desperate man.

Haven't taken part in this thread, because my stream was delayed, but from what I've read just now, some of our fans think we should be 8-0 up every game and they should maybe go and follow Barça. :rolleyes:

We look by far the better side.  I have hope.

to give it some perspective we look nowhere near as good as watford did earlier. 

watford looked strong, organised and dangerous in attack.

playing the worst team in the league with less goals than anyone in the football league and we gift them a goal within 5 minutes and look like we're struggling to compete.

new / young players, new system, whatever - there's no excuse for looking this inept - again. 

• Like 2

After we win this match. Nobody on here will change their stance. Another week of 10 disguised Puel out threads and the same arguments - despite winning and being top 10.

I'd personally bring Albrighton on for Ghezall, he's not having a great day today.

Think Kasper has got away lightly on here for his not taking the long throw in ball.

How much longer do have to endure this football for? It’s been a year and I am so bored of it. 

Its getting beyond a joke now.

serious question: when was the last time you left a game and thought, ****inghell we played well there.. Man Utd and Liverpool games weren’t bad but we were no where close to winning either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Haven't taken part in this thread, because my stream was delayed, but from what I've read just now, some of our fans think we should be 8-0 up every game and they should maybe go and follow Barça. :rolleyes:

We look by far the better side.  I have hope.

Not at all. I don’t mind losing games, but I really detest not competing in them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vanity said:

Hud dominating? Perhaps early in the game, certainly not the last 25 min of the 1st half, we have been in control. 

The thing is mate, the finishing is what makes the style look poor. We had several opportunities to really put a shot in but flubbed our lines. If the score is 2-1, 3-1, we aren't complaining. Right now, we have everything but the finishing, and, while I personally am not convinced this group has it in them to figure out how to finish, I remain hopeful Vardy will get the rust off, and the younger lads will improve and start showing that qualiteee.

But we have this game in the bag, don't worry.

Ha, I wish I was as convinced as you mate! Agreed last minutes we were in control but not before that. And whenever they try to catch us on the break I feel like we are about to concede. As always I remain hopeful, expecting the lads to turn it up and milk the Udders dry second half. COYL

Edited by Chester Dontlie

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Utter crap, unless you enjoy passing sideways whilst looking dodgy at the back, at home, against one of the worst teams in the league. I cannot understand how anyone can seriously stick up for this Wenger rip off

Massive overhauls take time. We have had some intricate, clever play, we look a threat quite a bit save for the finishing, and Huddersfield is a solid defensive unit, gave up one goal to Everton in a draw, one goal to CP, shutout Cardiff on ten men, I mean, they aren't amazing but they defend well, and we have broken them down in their box several times in a manner we could never have done last season. Again, yes, the finishing has been crap, but with a project like this, we need to measure the progress in more than just wins and losses. We are continuing to evolve, we've added some set piece cleverness, Vardy is FINALLY dropping back to help w the attack and it is working well, Vardy/Iheanacho/Maddison are connecting, we are making progress.

And idk why sideways passing gets such a bad rap. When that is occurring, that means the other side isn't racing down the pitch attacking like in the past. I prefer the lack of that sort of excitement, thank you very much. We aren't just sideways passing, we are probing and consistently getting the ball to Maddison deep in their third. It will begin to pay dividends.

• Like 1