Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

5 minutes ago, vanity said:

Massive overhauls take time. We have had some intricate, clever play, we look a threat quite a bit save for the finishing, and Huddersfield is a solid defensive unit, gave up one goal to Everton in a draw, one goal to CP, shutout Cardiff on ten men, I mean, they aren't amazing but they defend well, and we have broken them down in their box several times in a manner we could never have done last season. Again, yes, the finishing has been crap, but with a project like this, we need to measure the progress in more than just wins and losses. We are continuing to evolve, we've added some set piece cleverness, Vardy is FINALLY dropping back to help w the attack and it is working well, Vardy/Iheanacho/Maddison are connecting, we are making progress.

And idk why sideways passing gets such a bad rap. When that is occurring, that means the other side isn't racing down the pitch attacking like in the past. I prefer the lack of that sort of excitement, thank you very much. We aren't just sideways passing, we are probing and consistently getting the ball to Maddison deep in their third. It will begin to pay dividends.

Man, i'm on a plane, with airplane oxygen amd loads of alcopops in me, and that post there, can you tell me how many chances this intricate shit has created today?   Real chances, any fooker can play infront of a back 4, but be cut throat??

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Hate to say it but if you're going to play this style, Nididi is the guy who doesn't belong. He's pulling a Simpson - every push forward seems to break down when he tries to make an sort of an attacking pass. 

that's because he can't pass, Iborra would be a better option or even Silva

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Hate to say it but if you're going to play this style, Nididi is the guy who doesn't belong. He's pulling a Simpson - every push forward seems to break down when he tries to make any sort of an attacking pass. 

I've been thinking this. He's 20 and he needs to work on his passing.