Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Ward

Fantastic from Ward tonight in the shoot out! Strong hands on the first two and the third save was very impressive. Cracking effort and he played a big hand in taking us through tonight.

Buzzing for him to have played well again, not just in the shootout, but overall too. 

I was pleased when we signed him and have had numerous people on here argue with me about the merits of paying 12 millions for him but I don’t think three penalty saves quite proves he is the future no.1. For one he spilled one save right back into the danger area and we were lucky to get away with it.

He was class in the shoot out though, think he even managed to successfully pull off the old Sunday league stand one pace to your left trick at least once:

Didn't see the whole game but from the bits I did see he is comfortable with the ball at his feet, much better than kasper in that respect! 

Oh and three great penalty saves. Hopefully he makes Kasper up his game even more with performances like that. 

12 hours ago, Bert said:

Think the last time we won a shootout in a competitive game was Lincoln at home in the checkatrade or whatever it was back then. 

I was at that game.

Frank Sinclair missed the decisive penalty, which highlights how long ago it was.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like the cut of his jib.  Seems a very good back up based on the few performances so far and just watched his interview on LCFC.COM and he seems to talk the talk too.  Vis-a-vis, could we have someone on our books with the potential to be, a.k.a., first choice keeper in the future?  X

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I really like the cut of his jib.  Seems a very good back up based on the few performances so far and just watched his interview on LCFC.COM and he seems to talk the talk too.  Vis-a-vis, could we have someone on our books with the potential to be, a.k.a., first choice keeper in the future?  X

I doubt it just because I can't see anyone taking it off Kasper. If Kasper was going to go, it was this year after an impressive World Cup and Chelsea and Liverpool spending huge on new ones. Buffon played until he was 40 and Kasper could if he wanted to play on for many more years to come.

But I do agree, seems like a great character. IF we got into Europe next year, maybe Puel would rotate him and Kasper for different games. Quite a few teams play one keeper in the league and one in cups so it's possible. Also if Kasper gets injured it's nice to know we have a decent backup option that isn't called Ben Hamer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt it just because I can't see anyone taking it off Kasper. If Kasper was going to go, it was this year after an impressive World Cup and Chelsea and Liverpool spending huge on new ones. Buffon played until he was 40 and Kasper could if he wanted to play on for many more years to come.

But I do agree, seems like a great character. IF we got into Europe next year, maybe Puel would rotate him and Kasper for different games. Quite a few teams play one keeper in the league and one in cups so it's possible. Also if Kasper gets injured it's nice to know we have a decent backup option that isn't called Ben Hamer.

my concern is, and i hate the phrase, but now that Vichai is no longer with us... just how instrumental was he in keeping Kasper here? he was like a father figure to him..

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

my concern is, and i hate the phrase, but now that Vichai is no longer with us... just how instrumental was he in keeping Kasper here? he was like a father figure to him..

Then Top will have to be like a brother to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Nah he loves it here. I actually think we will see a Kasper and Wes management team in charge one day, probably starting with the U23 team. I even think they might be quite good! I will be especially amused when Wes plays a tiki-taka system that is the complete opposite of his trademark hoofs from the back :). Or at least that's what I am imagining! Kasper I think 100% will have a role with the club when he hangs up his boots, because the owners clearly love him.

Those two, Albrighton and Vardy... I think this club will forever have a special place in their hearts. Kasper and Vardy especially could easily have manufactured a move away if they really wanted to. Plenty of clubs would take them.

The only exception would be Man United if they sold De Gea. And to be honest if he was to leave, that is the only one I would be OK with, as he would be following in his father's footsteps.

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think that there is more to us, in Kasper's eyes, than our owner. 

• Like 1

Forget any potential politics regarding Kasper, Ward is a bloody quality number two. From what I’ve seen his command of the box and obvious shotstopping make him a serious keeper. Great to see if anything did happen we genuinely have a quality understudy.