Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Ward

On 11/11/2018 at 09:43, Phube said:

Anyone know what this is about?

B71DC332-B816-46A8-9854-E3BC2A421CDC.jpeg

Yeah, he’s not got an Instagram account. 

Also, am I right in saying he’s yet to concede a goal for us during 90 minutes? 

• 8 months later...

Watching Ward he seems to be better with the ball at his feet than Kasper, I do wonder at what point Kasper's weaker distribution will drive Brendan mad enough to want to bench him, and if he'd be brave enough to actually do it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Watching Ward he seems to be better with the ball at his feet than Kasper, I do wonder at what point Kasper's weaker distribution will drive Brendan mad enough to want to bench him, and if he'd be brave enough to actually do it

Not sure we've been watching the same matches, I thought he looked awful with his feet

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Will he ever be number one somewhere? Obviously happy to be number two here but you’d of thought he could be number one somewhere else in the prem :dunno:

you probably would had said the same about Nick Pope a couple of years ago now he's their no1 and their captain was sold to Vilaa this past summer, something happened to Kasper and he got in then there is no guarantee Kasper would get back in, providing Ward performed well.

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

you probably would had said the same about Nick Pope a couple of years ago now he's their no1 and their captain was sold to Vilaa this past summer, something happened to Kasper and he got in then there is no guarantee Kasper would get back in, providing Ward performed well.

Very unlikely. Kasper is two or three levels above Ward IMO. Pope and Heaton are on a similar level.

• 1 year later...
On 05/08/2019 at 14:38, Jimmy said:

Perhaps when his ability with his hands and shot stopping abilities start to curtail. I've been a big critic in the past of Caspar's distribution and dominance of his box but ... this has to be tempered against all his other goalkeeping attributes and the latter, for me, still far overwhelm the former and Ward, as much as a decent player he is, is not remotely in the same bracket. 

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps when his ability with his hands and shot stopping abilities start to curtail. I've been a big critic in the past of Caspar's distribution and dominance of his box but ... this has to be tempered against all his other goalkeeping attributes and the latter, for me, still far overwhelm the former and Ward, as much as a decent player he is, is not remotely in the same bracket. 

let's be real it's kasper's role as a person around the team more so than his abilities as a goalie that keep him starting.

• Like 1

I mean that quote from me was nearly 2 years old, the only way Ward will be playing ahead of a fully fit Kasper is if Kasper gets injured and Ward Nick Pope's him and we end up letting Kasper leave to play first team football

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I mean that quote from me was nearly 2 years old, the only way Ward will be playing ahead of a fully fit Kasper is if Kasper gets injured and Ward Nick Pope's him and we end up letting Kasper leave to play first team football

Unless it was a really long term injury I think realistically he'd come straight back in regardless of how well Ward did in the meantime. He's probably our first choice keeper until he decides otherwise - whether or not you think that's a good thing is another matter, of course

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

Unless it was a really long term injury I think realistically he'd come straight back in regardless of how well Ward did in the meantime. He's probably our first choice keeper until he decides otherwise - whether or not you think that's a good thing is another matter, of course

like I said, with Burnley Heaton was out for the season when he came back Pope was preferred over him and they eventually let Heaton go, a month of so and yes Kasper would come straight back in when fit, 6 months or more who knows?