Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Ward

Given that he has only played 1 game in the tournament there have been a lot of articles about him "stepping out of the shadows", I can see us selling him this summer despite the new contract and promote Iversen to number 2, it just feels like someone is trying to drum up transfer interest

On 15/06/2021 at 13:36, Aus Fox said:

Let’s be real, Kasper just a couple of weeks a go made some out of this world saves to win us the FA Cup, Danny Ward has a decent game against Switzerland and you think Kasper is only in the side for his personality around the team?

Must be the reason Morgan, Fuchs and James started so many game last season?

He’s our number one, because he’s one of the best goalkeepers in Europe. 
Ward is a good backup keeper, and has not ever let us down, but he’s not even close to Kasper’s level as a goalkeeper.

show me the stats from last season that says he's a top 5 keeper and then that's the case 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Given that he has only played 1 game in the tournament there have been a lot of articles about him "stepping out of the shadows", I can see us selling him this summer despite the new contract and promote Iversen to number 2, it just feels like someone is trying to drum up transfer interest

We apparently have a verbal agreement for Iversen to go back on loan to Preston once Kasper and Ward are back from the Euros

I hope we don't sell Ward and bring Iversen in to be numebr 2, he is better off playing every week rather than at most 5 games a season for us if he is lucky

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

We apparently have a verbal agreement for Iversen to go back on loan to Preston once Kasper and Ward are back from the Euros

I hope we don't sell Ward and bring Iversen in to be numebr 2, he is better off playing every week rather than at most 5 games a season for us if he is lucky

could always promote Jakupovic and Stolarczyk and let Iversen go on loan still, whomever the number 2 keeper is should play all the EL group stage matches

Just now, Jimmy said:

could always promote Jakupovic and Stolarczyk and let Iversen go on loan still, whomever the number 2 keeper is should play all the EL group stage matches

Jakupovic hasn't played a first team game for 3 years, doubt he is good enough to be a number 2 anymore, and Brendan prefers to have 3 senior keepers

Can't see us selling Ward because there aren't really any Premier League clubs who need a new number 1

I doubt he would've signed a new 4 year deal if he didn't expect to be here for the upcoming season

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Jakupovic hasn't played a first team game for 3 years, doubt he is good enough to be a number 2 anymore, and Brendan prefers to have 3 senior keepers

Can't see us selling Ward because there aren't really any Premier League clubs who need a new number 1

I doubt he would've signed a new 4 year deal if he didn't expect to be here for the upcoming season

he'd play for 2 of the 3 promoted clubs maybe a few others, talk of Patricio leaving Wolves too.

Like I said the timing of these articles just feels like someone fishing for a transfer, if they came at the end of the tournament it'd make more sense 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he'd play for 2 of the 3 promoted clubs maybe a few others, talk of Patricio leaving Wolves too.

Like I said the timing of these articles just feels like someone fishing for a transfer, if they came at the end of the tournament it'd make more sense 

Watford already have Bachmann and Foster

Brentford have Raya

Norwich have are signing Angus Gunn

Wolves are signing Jose Sa

None of them are likely to pay the £10m+ we would probably want either

I think it is mostly just that he had a really good game, so now journos are picking up that we also have a good number 2, gives a lot of the Welsh journos something to talk about as well

Wonder if this wave he’ll most likely ride on the back of a good euros (well so far anyway) will make him question his position here as number 2. Could definitely play regularly for a mid table prem team but as said above not sure who needs him or would pay the 15mil plus we’d want. 

9 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Well I saw Danny Ward actually command the area & come out & catch a cross tonight. Can't remember the last time I saw Kasper do that

Yeah but you couldn't remember ever seeing Leicester City play as badly as we did when we walloped Liverpool. And you claimed to have been watching for sixty years.

Forgive me if I don't just jump on your bandwagon here.

• Haha 1

If we are going to be a top team and regularly play in Europe we need two top class keepers.

Since Kasper arrived we’ve had some absolute stickers and if he has a sustained period out of the side we lose points because Zieler, Hamer,  etc were not up to scratch.

Yes, Ward could be first choice at another Premier League club, but so could Henderson, Kepe, Steffen etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If we are going to be a top team and regularly play in Europe we need two top class keepers.

Since Kasper arrived we’ve had some absolute stickers and if he has a sustained period out of the side we lose points because Zieler, Hamer,  etc were not up to scratch.

Yes, Ward could be first choice at another Premier League club, but so could Henderson, Kepe, Steffen etc.

Many people on here wanted banter ben to be our number 1

Edited by tylesta
  • Haha 1