Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Ward

He could be playing for Liverpool reserves next season according to report. It is definitely silly season with Ndidi, Little Wes, Tielemans, Madders and now Ward all off in the Summer. I cannot believe no one is calling for the Spaniard. Anyone fancy a shirt next season, dinner lady has bagged number 10.

1 hour ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

He won’t want to be a reserve based on this , can see a promoted team coming in for him this window 

None of them need one - only teams in the Prem that possibly need a keeper at this point are Southampton and West Ham, but I can’t see them paying what we would want for him after having signed a new deal and doing really well in the Euros

I can see him getting more game time next season though (Europa League and Cups)

Proves every time he plays he's too good to sit on the bench. Here and at Liverpool he was and is never likely to displace a totally trusted number 1. Maybe he's content to sit on a bench and pocket his money but surely playing in these tournaments he must feel a flow of competitive ambition he just doesn't get at club level. Absolutely good enough to be a number 1 at Premier league level and for him I hope he goes but obviously to have a keeper of that quality on our bench benefits us hugely so if he's happy good for us but bad for him. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

None of them need one - only teams in the Prem that possibly need a keeper at this point are Southampton and West Ham, but I can’t see them paying what we would want for him after having signed a new deal and doing really well in the Euros

I can see him getting more game time next season though (Europa League and Cups)

you know he doesn't HAVE to stay in the Premier League right

Ward is the future. Don't sell. What's more important is to keep qualifying for Europe. Make him our #1 in cup games. He's guaranteed gametime for Wales, so back him in those games in the meantime.

If we qualify for Europa each year he's got at least another 4-5 games in the bag. And besides, I know Kasper is superhuman, but you can never rule out an injury or suspension. He was playing with a wrist and shoulder strain in the cup final.

Ward could feasibly be starting 10 or more games a season for us, which is probably enough for a reserve keeper if they're also getting regular international footy. It's not like he's Conrad Logan or anything.

If we're serious about establishing ourselves as a top 6 club, we need players of Danny's calibre in the wings ready to come in and do a job.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

you know he doesn't HAVE to stay in the Premier League right

Well I highly doubt he goes abroad, we wouldn’t loan him out, and what Championship side is going to pay £10-15m for him? And why would he leave to a Championship side when he is happy enough to sign a new 4 year deal here?

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Well I highly doubt he goes abroad, we wouldn’t loan him out, and what Championship side is going to pay £10-15m for him? And why would he leave to a Championship side when he is happy enough to sign a new 4 year deal here?

why wouldn't he go abroad? if he gets a good offer from French or German club it would be a great move for him

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why wouldn't he go abroad? if he gets a good offer from French or German club it would be a great move for him

I just don’t think he would. Don’t think many European teams would offer what we would probably want for him anyway when they can get someone cheaper in their own countries

6 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Mmmmmn. I know it’s meant to be light hearted, but not keen on putting one of our own down like this. He’ll be hurting after that. Couldn’t have been great for him for have the goalie keeping him out of the first team bound over all smiling. 

I totally hear what you're saying. Danny is a quality keeper l, always super reliable for us and I love him. But if you listened very carefully to the footage, this is actually what Kasper said.

Also that result was totally not his fault. 

Edited by sheffield_fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

I totally hear what you're saying. Danny is a quality keeper l, always super reliable for us and I love him. But if you listened very carefully to the footage, this is actually what Kasper said.

Did he ?!? I love Kasper but if he did say this then it was very poor timed banter . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Surely Kasper didn't say that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1