Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Danny Ward

12 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

I totally hear what you're saying. Danny is a quality keeper l, always super reliable for us and I love him. But if you listened very carefully to the footage, this is actually what Kasper said.

Also that result was totally not his fault. 

:fishing:

7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Did he ?!? I love Kasper but if he did say this then it was very poor timed banter . 

Don't worry lads. This was also a joke. Apologies if it was a bad joke.

I thought the way Kasper ran over and was consoling Danny was probably a bit patronising so I satirised it. 

Both are great. Please don't hate me. 

• Haha 2

On 21/06/2021 at 16:04, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Iversen is a capable deputy, if a good offer was to come in for wardy we should cash in. 

The american chap in the u18s also looks to be a promising talent. 

But why would Iverson at his age want to sit on the bench either? At his age he needs regular football if he's going to improve. Perhaps you could even say that Ward would have been an even better goalkeeper had he not spent a substantial part of a short football career with his arse parked on a bench. I suppose money and wages has to come into the equation but who remembers their reserve goalkeeper much?

For me personally, I'd sooner be a regularly playing Championship goalkeeper than a bench warmer. When Ward retires, thus far, apart from a handful of Euro matches he'll merely look back on a few years with splinters in his arse and numerous training sessions. 

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But why would Iverson at his age want to sit on the bench either? At his age he needs regular football if he's going to improve. Perhaps you could even say that Ward would have been an even better goalkeeper had he not spent a substantial part of a short football career with his arse parked on a bench. I suppose money and wages has to come into the equation but who remembers their reserve goalkeeper much?

For me personally, I'd sooner be a regularly playing Championship goalkeeper than a bench warmer. When Ward retires, thus far, apart from a handful of Euro matches he'll merely look back on a few years with splinters in his arse and numerous training sessions. 

But that's why Premier league team pay decent wages for these guys to sit on the bench. None of premier league, the top teams especially, want to lose their first choice keeper and have to play a kid in goal for half a season. If you can find a deputy capable of playing for a lower end Premier league club or a championship club, then keep them. Most the back up keepers of the teams around is would play in the championship and its to our credit we probably have the best of the lot whilst operating on a smaller budget, but we seem to do that a lot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

But that's why Premier league team pay decent wages for these guys to sit on the bench. None of premier league, the top teams especially, want to lose their first choice keeper and have to play a kid in goal for half a season. If you can find a deputy capable of playing for a lower end Premier league club or a championship club, then keep them. Most the back up keepers of the teams around is would play in the championship and its to our credit we probably have the best of the lot whilst operating on a smaller budget, but we seem to do that a lot.

I can absolutely see and understand fully why Premiership clubs do it but, what I'm saying is, apart from the wages, admittedly a very big issue, why, if from a kid you've dreamt, played and trained to be a quality goalkeeper, would you be content to merely sit on a bench? It's like training to be a pilot and never flying a plane or a fireman and never turning out to a job.

Just for me personally, it would be the waste of a huge opportunity. Probably the opposite of players like Tielemans eventually leaving for Real Madrid or Barcelona etc to test themselves at what they may see at the highest level. Wards legacy in retirement after probably 15 year plus of striving at this rate will mainly consist of a bundle of cash and if he's happy with that then it's absolutely fine.

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

Don't worry lads. This was also a joke. Apologies if it was a bad joke.

I thought the way Kasper ran over and was consoling Danny was probably a bit patronising so I satirised it. 

Both are great. Please don't hate me. 

Surely nobody genuinely believed that lol 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I can absolutely see and understand fully why Premiership clubs do it but, what I'm saying is, apart from the wages, admittedly a very big issue, why, if from a kid you've dreamt, played and trained to be a quality goalkeeper, would you be content to merely sit on a bench? It's like training to be a pilot and never flying a plane or a fireman and never turning out to a job.

Just for me personally, it would be the waste of a huge opportunity. Probably the opposite of players like Tielemans eventually leaving for Real Madrid or Barcelona etc to test themselves at what they may see at the highest level. Wards legacy in retirement after probably 15 year plus of striving at this rate will mainly consist of a bundle of cash and if he's happy with that then it's absolutely fine.

I think it's a bit of the Dean Henderson thought process though. Obviously I'm aware he went out on loan as a youngster, but last season had the chance to again, and he could have played a full season elsewhere on loan, or even moved permanently, but should he get a chance, he could become number 1 at a top premier league team. Its work out for him. Maybe Ward has waited long enough, I don't know, but he's also about 7 years younger than Kasper, so he knows he might not be far off stepping up, and he knows should Kasper get injured he has the chance to take his opportunity to be number one here, rather than number 1 at somewhere like Watford.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think it's a bit of the Dean Henderson thought process though. Obviously I'm aware he went out on loan as a youngster, but last season had the chance to again, and he could have played a full season elsewhere on loan, or even moved permanently, but should he get a chance, he could become number 1 at a top premier league team. Its work out for him. Maybe Ward has waited long enough, I don't know, but he's also about 7 years younger than Kasper, so he knows he might not be far off stepping up, and he knows should Kasper get injured he has the chance to take his opportunity to be number one here, rather than number 1 at somewhere like Watford.

Yes, that's a distinct possibility though I think Caspar has a good couple of years in him by which time Danny will be 30 and Iverson, whose improving all the time, 25? He just has to be careful not to miss the boat, retirement for a footballer is a long time. Ward is a very good player and very capable of playing in the Premiership I think. If he gets the opportunity he should grasp it I think. 

Ward has to play pretty much every cup game next season, if or Kasper is going to play the EL games them play him in the league game either before or just after, he needs to play more often if he stays, he might be regretting the timing of that new deal as he probably expected Hennessey to be number 1 at the Euros

Edited by Jimmy

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Ward has to play pretty much every cup game next season, if or Kasper is going to play the EL games them play him in the league, he needs to play more often if he stays, he might be regretting the timing of that new deal as he probably expected Hennessey to be number 1 at the Euros

Why? He's our second best keeper by clear daylight. If we get to the latter stages of the Europa League, I want our best team out, not play our weaker goalkeeper playing just to give him a few token appearances.

He came here as backup keeper and signed the deal as backup keeper. Why does looking good against a couple of shit teams and looking iffy against a couple of good teams the Euros change that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Why? He's our second best keeper by clear daylight. If we get to the latter stages of the Europa League, I want our best team out, not play our weaker goalkeeper playing just to give him a few token appearances.

He came here as backup keeper and signed the deal as backup keeper. Why does looking good against a couple of shit teams and looking iffy against a couple of good teams the Euros change that?

with EL I'm talking group games Kasper had no need to play them last season, knock outs is different, same with latter stages of the cup, that said I have confidence in Ward to play those games.

Also you need to keep him ticking over in case something happens to Kasper, then you're chucking a keeper who has barely played in to play all the time