Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Newcastle Away Pre Match, 29/09, 15.00pm

46 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Amartey Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Mendy

RIcardo Iheanacho Maddison

Vardy

Yes this, but surely think of Amartey as more of an RCB, Ricardo as a wingback and Maddison in behind Iheanacho and Vardy. Seems much more balanced in my mind.

• Like 2

Kasper (though I'm happy for him to be replaced by Ward now)

Chilwell

Maguire

Evans

Amartey

Ndidi (but I'm happy for Iborra if he's fit)

Mendy

Albrighton

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

I think the front three with 2 ahead of Maddison is the way to go now that Gray is injured. meaning we move to a midfield 3 where a tired Ndidi could be replaced by Iborra and Albrighton can play everywhere over the pitch. I'm happy for Ghezall to come on as sub if we need to go for it. At the back Evans should be ahead of Morgan and we'll see when Puel believes Soyuncu is ready ( I wouldn't know). amartey gets the RB spot over Ricardo at the moment - again can be changed when we need to attack and chilwell keeps his LB spot. I've thought that Kasper has gone backwards recently and Ward's display last night would make me happy to see him play in goal - not going to happen though.

I'd like to see Iborra in the lineup, but that would have to come at the expense of either Mendy or Ndidi. I can't imagine dropping Ndidi, and Mendy has just been playing so well lately. 

Kasper

Amartey Evans Maguire Chilwell

??? ???

??? Iheanacho Maddison

Vardy

Fill in the blanks in CM with 2 of - Ndidi/Mendy/Iborra

Fill in RW with Ricardo or Albrighton

Not sure of the best approach here- do we go all-out for goals and potentially risk being exposed on the counter, or keep it tight and hope our extra quality shines through? We know Benitez will have them defensively organised and they don't possess anywhere near the quality Bournemouth do going forward.

Hopefully Iborra will start, we'll need a bit more quality on the ball as we should see a lot of it.

23 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is if a manager wants to play a player he tells him where to play not ask the player himself. 

I agree but its not that big a problem to not move Maguire if that's his preference