Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Newcastle Away Pre Match, 29/09, 15.00pm

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can someone factually back up the sod's law argument with some facts please, as I'm quite sure it's bollocks. 

The amount of times it happens is unreal. Whether it be first win in a while, first goal of the season, for a new club or for so many years.

Francis Benali only see scored one goal in 311 games for Southampton. That was against us. I know that was years ago but still. 

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

The amount of times it happens is unreal. Whether it be first win in a while, first goal of the season, for a new club or for so many years.

Francis Benali only see scored one goal in 311 games for Southampton. That was against us. I know that was years ago but still. 

And the amount of times it HASN'T happened please. 

It just sounds self pitying to me. 

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Pretty sure fans of other clubs say the same about themselves.

Would be good to have iborra starting but mendys form makes it hard to get into the team. N'Didi hasn't been top class so far this season and would be worth giving him a rest but he is still one of our most solid players. You will get 7 out of 10 performances most weeks from him. 

A tricky game all the same. Won our last 2 games there and a bit lucky to sneak it last year but I can sense Newcastle picking up a 1st win very soon. 

Edited by Blue ROI

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Anyone else think this would work?

Kasper

Amartey

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell

Iborra

Mendy

Ndidi

Interchangable 3 of:

Maddison

Vardy

Nachoman

Too narrow especially on the right side. 

Except you wanna play 4312 with Ricardo as right wingback but its unlikely puel will do 

22 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I found it notable that in the second hald Mendy in particular started playing it through the lines rather than sideways, and it made a huge difference. As a team we also played in players lots of times e.g. Vardy x2, Gray, etc.

It's great that he says this though. The criticism often on here is "tippy tappy doesn't get you anywhere" and in some respects that is a valid criticism. We don't want to be like Spain in their match versus Russia in the world cup where they had 75% of the game and lost. Possesion should be used as a weapon to break down teams that sit back and open them up!

Schmeichel

Amartey     Evans     Maguire   Chilwell

Mendy         Ndidi

Maddison    Iheanacho     Albrighton

Vardy 

I think this is very winnable. A tough game, but winnable. I'd have played Gray in preference of Albrighton as I thought he lively when he came on against Huddersfield. I'd start the same back 4 as last weekend as on the whole they were decent. Mendy and Ndidi again and 100% hoping for the same great link up play between Vardy, Iheanacho and Maddison.

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

In a way it's as close to 3-4-1-2 as we may get. Amartey tucking in with Evans and Maguire and Ricardo and Chilwell doing the business up and down the wings.

I like the sound of this. Ricardo does seem to be more of a winger than a RB at the moment. This would also mean that his relevance in Fantasy Premier League would be off the charts as few other "Defenders" would have such an attacking role.

Would love to see Mendy next to Iborra. Both of them seem to have the passing range and forward looking aim. Ndidi is a destroyer in midfield and definitely deserves a place against attacking minded teams - but Newcastle haven't shown enough for me to categorize them as such.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Albrighton was poor in my opinion. Wasted two guilt edged chances and his head dropped after that. 

Albrighton is often poor when he starts, then people ignore it and moan when he's not starting