Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Newcastle Away Pre Match, 29/09, 15.00pm

2 hours ago, evil jack said:

Paul Merson says Newcastle 1-0

Brilliant this week:

Apparently Leicester "are like a bag of Revels, you never know what you're going to get"

And Bournemouth. They're like a bag of Revels too (you never know what you're going to get)

Oh, and Palace.

Revels.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11510061/paul-mersons-predictions-draws-for-man-utd-chelsea-and-liverpool

My kingdom for an eye-roll reaction icon :P

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we could win 10 straight but when we lost the 11th game they would be back with their Puel out crap

Only absolute idiots would say 'Puel out' after 10 straight wins and 1 loss off the back of it.

I'd be more than happy to win 10 on the spin and lose the 11th if that was offered now!

Guest Markyblue
7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Only absolute idiots would say 'Puel out' after 10 straight wins and 1 loss off the back of it.

I'd be more than happy to win 10 on the spin and lose the 11th if that was offered now!

It's ft mate do not underestimate people. ?

25 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

wasn't including you Geoff as you have acknowledged what Puel has said about the style, I'm talking about those that will ignore it and keep saying all he wants is negative sideways possession football

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Maybe he’s finally seeing sense and we will play more forward. 

he was saying the same thing last season, he can tell players to pass forward all he likes but if when under a bit pressure they take the safe pass there isn't much he can do without about £200m in the next transfer window

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he was saying the same thing last season, he can tell players to pass forward all he likes but if when under a bit pressure they take the safe pass there isn't much he can do without about £200m in the next transfer window

Well he isn’t going to say it was brilliant we didn’t create much in the first half is he? Surley he was addressing that over the summer though if he knew it was a problem? 

Im not saying he’s telling the players to not create chances ofcourse he isn’t but I can tell you he’s a lot happier than I think you’re trying to take from his interviews. 

6 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Well he isn’t going to say it was brilliant we didn’t create much in the first half is he? Surley he was addressing that over the summer though if he knew it was a problem? 

Im not saying he’s telling the players to not create chances ofcourse he isn’t but I can tell you he’s a lot happier than I think you’re trying to take from his interviews. 

he has consistently talked about players needing to be braver with their passing, but we have the players we have, without replacing our entire midfield there isn't much we can do and we have seen how hard it is to get players out of the club due to their wages.

Oh and fans complaining about players that do pass more aggressively giving the ball away all the time doesn't help, neither does massive groaning in the stands at games, if you want progressive football and passing you have to accept that at times it won't come off and you will lose the ball.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he has consistently talked about players needing to be braver with their passing, but we have the players we have, without replacing our entire midfield there isn't much we can do and we have seen how hard it is to get players out of the club due to their wages.

Oh and fans complaining about players that do pass more aggressively giving the ball away all the time doesn't help, neither does massive groaning in the stands at games, if you want progressive football and passing you have to accept that at times it won't come off and you will lose the ball.

All the moaning around me is when we pass back not when we try something forward so I can’t comment on that. 

He might have commented on that but I know for a fact he’s a lot happier than you appear to think he is. We have players that will play it forwards. To say it’s the players and none of them will pass forwards because they’re scared is a little foolish. As in anyone who turns on the team and manager then flops back every other week. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

All the moaning around me is when we pass back not when we try something forward so I can’t comment on that. 

He might have commented on that but I know for a fact he’s a lot happier than you appear to think he is. We have players that will play it forwards. To say it’s the players and none of them will pass forwards because they’re scared is a little foolish. As in anyone who turns on the team and manager then flops back every other week. 

yes he is happy we have more that 30% possession, instead of Morgan twatting it 60 yards to no one in particular, we will instead retain possession and try and create a new opening, but that doesn't mean he also doesn't want them to be aggressive in their passing when there is a chance to play it to a Maddison, Vardy etc. but far too often they player on the ball opts for the 5 yard pass to the bloke stood beside him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yes he is happy we have more that 30% possession, instead of Morgan twatting it 60 yards to no one in particular, we will instead retain possession and try and create a new opening, but that doesn't mean he also doesn't want them to be aggressive in their passing when there is a chance to play it to a Maddison, Vardy etc. but far too often they player on the ball opts for the 5 yard pass to the bloke stood beside him

Who said anything about 30% possession? He might want more changes created, but if you think the slowing the ball down and moving it around isn’t a direct approach from him then where do you think it’s come from? As I said before I know for a fact he’s a lot happier than you appear to think he is. 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Who said anything about 30% possession? He might want more changes created, but if you think the slowing the ball down and moving it around isn’t a direct approach from him then where do you think it’s come from? As I said before I know for a fact he’s a lot happier than you appear to think he is. 

of course that is but instead of mocking him about how he's says balance maybe people should understand what he means by it, he wants to have more of the ball and at times slow things down because that's how you control the game, but he has always said he wants them to go for it when its on, its not one other the other its a bit of both and about being aggressive in their passing at the right time

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You're completely misunderstanding what Puel is trying to do, and what Jimmy is saying. Puel doesn't want us just playing slow, side to side football and is clear about that - but he also doesn't want us playing as we were; Morgan and Simpson just punting it long like the balls a bloody grenade. He'd rather us play incisive football but is happy for us to move the ball around and just retain possession while looking for openings to appear as teams are pulled around if there isn't one already present. He's obviously not happy with us playing it overly safe at times, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's happier with our ability to maintain possession and just ease it around now compared to when he first arrived.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You're completely misunderstanding what Puel is trying to do, and what Jimmy is saying. Puel doesn't want us just playing slow, side to side football and is clear about that - but he also doesn't want us playing as we were; Morgan and Simpson just punting it long like the balls a bloody grenade. He'd rather us play incisive football but is happy for us to move the ball around and just retain possession while looking for openings to appear as teams are pulled around if there isn't one already present. He's obviously not happy with us playing it overly safe at times, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's happier with our ability to maintain possession and just ease it around now compared to when he first arrived.

All I was saying is Puel is a lot happier than jimmy thinks he is with the safe passing. Because I know he is. I’m not saying we should revert back to pumping it long I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned that? I didn’t mean to if I did though. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Albrighton was poor in my opinion. Wasted two guilt edged chances and his head dropped after that. 

Yeah, might have done better with the chances. Was impressed with his industry though. Looked busy all night filling in different role. Polite question, were you there or watch a stream?  

15 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

All I was saying is Puel is a lot happier than jimmy thinks he is with the safe passing. Because I know he is. I’m not saying we should revert back to pumping it long I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned that? I didn’t mean to if I did though. 

But Jimmys clearly not saying Puel is unhappy with safe passing, part of Puels gameplan is safe passing. What Puel is unhappy with, and what's he's been clear about, is that we're not then moving the ball quickly enough when the safe passing pulls players out of position.