Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Nine clubs want football ground booze ban ended

I do not know if it is just me but I feel drinking at grounds are overrated.   There is a limited choice of beers and swigging from a plastic bottle just do not have the same effect as enjoying a draught pint in a well rounded glass down at the pub.   I also would rather not feel the need to go to toilets during the match if I have polished off a bottle or three.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve just always poured my beer into the Pepsi paper cups and drank at my seat regardless. 

A guy near me used to regularly whip out a can of Stella during the second half.

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

L1?

Pretty sure I’ve seen that a few times.

West Stand lol

Just did it so openly I don't think he even knew it was against the rules.

Remember him once raising it to a player (think it was Albrighton) wandering over to take a corner as if he was saying "cheers".

Edited by MattP

Guest Harrydc

I would like to see this back. It would defiantly make the game more enjoyable in my opinion. Maybe because I am in my early twenties i'm not sure, but currently i tend to go down to the concourse for a lot of the game and drink and watch it on the screen, pointless i know but each to their own. If i drank in the stands I wouldn't throw it all over the place, yes there may be a little spillage. Anyway, it's what football is all about, making a day of it having a few drinks - and it would just add to the whole experience in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

beerguy1.JPG.e59d19293bb456f1c4563852559542a4.JPG          beergirl.JPG.bae647c045e4612ad9b57722d3cfc0c9.JPG

I'm not going to apologize for enjoying a rare moment of cultural superiority on this forum.

Given the choiceof choice of drink in that last pic is beer flavoured water, I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Blur said:

I do not know if it is just me but I feel drinking at grounds are overrated.   There is a limited choice of beers and swigging from a plastic bottle just do not have the same effect as enjoying a draught pint in a well rounded glass down at the pub.   I also would rather not feel the need to go to toilets during the match if I have polished off a bottle or three.

Echo this view. Enjoy my pre match routine of drinking decent, cheaper beer in Leicester's pubs. Come 2.45ish time for a break from the booze & am ready for a top up come 5.15ish.

11 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I would like to see this back. It would defiantly make the game more enjoyable in my opinion. Maybe because I am in my early twenties i'm not sure, but currently i tend to go down to the concourse for a lot of the game and drink and watch it on the screen, pointless i know but each to their own. If i drank in the stands I wouldn't throw it all over the place, yes there may be a little spillage. Anyway, it's what football is all about, making a day of it having a few drinks - and it would just add to the whole experience in my opinion. 

It’s really weird. Paying for more expensive beer and having less choice and then watching the game on a smaller screen than you would in a pub, makes no  sense to me. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't really see the need to have a drink in your seats.

Surely we can all go 45 minutes without a pint?

Well yeah, but if you do fancy a half time tipple you've then got to wolf it down in about five minutes once you've finally been served if you want to be back for the second half. I very, very rarely do drink at the ground coz the beer is toss and overpriced, but once or twice a season I might like the option to have something to sip on while I'm watching the game instead of having to neck a pint in the concourse before I'm allowed to.

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, but if you do fancy a half time tipple you've then got to wolf it down in about five minutes once you've finally been served if you want to be back for the second half. I very, very rarely do drink at the ground coz the beer is toss and overpriced, but once or twice a season I might like the option to have something to sip on while I'm watching the game instead of having to neck a pint in the concourse before I'm allowed to.

I've always thought they do you a favour not letting you drink at your seat tbh given you basically need a mortgage for a watered down Singha. 

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

Given the choice of drink in that last pic is beer flavoured water, I'm not so sure.

You can get excellent local and craft beer at the baseball parks (even minor league), but you have to get up on your own two feet.

NFL games, the choices are fewer.  InBev pays dearly to be the "official beer", plus there is a huge pre-game tailgating scene for almost every pro (and college) team.  These folks set up in the same spaces for years, and few need another round once they get to the game.  Not that that stops them.

For lots of Browns fans, the tailgate IS the main event, because the football itself is all pain, no gain.  $9 Bud Light is just part of the masochism.

1046183879_Brownstailgate.JPG.6406da5a83c3fc913a0b2a1d731b1dbf.JPG

https://bottlegate.com/2015/09/30/muni-lot-madness-your-browns-raiders-muni-lot-photo-gallery-week-2/

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's just going to result in wankers throwing their plastic cups full of beer because haha great bants lads.

Clubs should look at their catering and invest into things that get people their snacks/drinks quicker.