Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Gonna say it. Maguire isn't a very good defender.

We got absolutely bailed out by a backsider. Chilly did well, Amartey probably our MotM, Gray was absolutely electric, Iborra lackadaisicaly gets caught out in possesion too often. Soyuncu was steady and Kelechi takes too long to get his shots off.

West Ham werent great but they know how to attack teams and where eachother are gonna be without looking, where the runners are ect. they were well coached. Right result, naff performance again

Thanks Amartey, I'm glad you had time to post on the treatment table

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Uhmm, thought Puel showed real character with his starting line up, but execution was so poor.....the first 20 minutes, nice possession play went out the window, in comes some erratic shit.  West ham were the better team up an until the sending off.

After the sending g off, it was all wing play and bypassed our best player Maddison.

We got a deserved drAw, the next six matches are winnable, after that performance, I can't see us winning g many

A similar ring to the arsenal game

what a shame a game is 90 mins

We seem to lack the last 5-10% to be really good. End product is lacking too often and we switch off too much and lose focus, which causes goals and big chances against us. Was sat there moaning about never getting a lucky bounce, when we scored with exactly that. I dunno, we are definitely not clicking at the minute.

Well. This is the midtable boredom we were dreaming off in the dark years of the 00s. And it is actually really boring and frustrating.

And all the best to Big Dan. That looked horrible. Poor guy.

• Haha 1

Very very frustrating game, the off sides were getting laughable, fair enough we don't play to vardys strengths but remember the bloke who would chase down everything and get the crowd going, what's happened to him, thought iborra played ok, gray looked up for it when he came on, I'm not a massive chilwell fan boy but he was by far and away the motm, soyuncu did ok, couple of clear interceptions, ghezzal really is the player we were warned about, terrible!!! Shame for amartey, looked a horrific break, maddison a bit hit and miss tonight, but it's hard to be a playmaker when there's literally no one making good runs behind, albrighton for all his hard work really really frustrated me, the crosses into the box hoping for anyone to get on the end were painstaking to watch, I'm still for giving puel time but after that I think the owners will act and it could be the last we see of him

Maddison was very disappointing today, even with ten men his influence on the ball from open play was way below par. He's hit a slump after a bright start, like a lot of them. 

I honestly dont know what the answer is, I dont think this squad is good enough. They've lost confidence too, just like towards the end of last season. Theres no Mahrez though and Vardy is looking like he's about to embark on a run like he did in the 2016/17 season under Ranieri.

I think we're in a rut and I've very little faith that Puel can sort it, but I think we'll end up waiting another 6-8 games and then panic and bring a dinosaur in like Allardyce. Just a horribly frustrating and boring time to be a Leicester fan. We've had a good run though ain't we. 

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

He preaches a possession based game, and that's what we got gifted to us on a plate but we just couldn't break them down. As honorable as his approach is we just don't have the players to play that way and break down teams in this league when they sit back against us. We'll never be above mid-table with this system as to make it work in the PL you need to spend hundreds of millions ala Man City.

On the radio they were spot on, when attack at pace and put teams under pressure we look dangerous, but most of the time we play this slow plonderest build up, which gives opposing sides the time to regroup and cancel out any danger. It's happened time and time again this season. Its got to a point it painful to watch Leicester these days 

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Am I the only one who thinks we were unlucky? Nothing really fell for us today and they were fortunate with their some of their offsides.

They were lucky with their goal as were we. But we created loads more chances Vardy missed plenty, albrighton should've scored, we hit the crossbar again.

The want much else we could do against a team with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game, it would have been easier to play against 11 rather than 10. 

No.

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

They deserved a draw and we didn’t deserve a win. We should have won, though. Puel can’t be blamed for that second half.

Bullshit, Puel is to blame, he changed the style of play, he played 2 wingers and bypassed the one player that could create anything....Maddison.  The tactics In the second half killed nacho, then he brings Shinji on, who can't compete with taller players.  The second half was so predictable and was about persistence not skill and quality.  Puel decided that route

Do these pundits realise how much money the average fan pays to watch Premier League football? We deserve, nay, demand to be at least a little bit inspired by our team.

Absolutely shocking comments from people so out of touch with the community. They act like we should be grateful for being bored. 

Frustrating, very frustrating.

I thought Soyuncu had an excellent debut. Some very good challenges and I reckon he'll quickly grow in confidence. I wouldn't object to starting with him next time up.

I like what Iborra brings to the team. No, he's not quick (by any stretch of the imagination) but he reads the game well, makes himself available and is a very calm and assured passer of the ball.

But we've got problems. We've got talented players but it's just not coming together for us. Yep, frustrating. 

• Like 1