Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A point paper over the cracks for me.

I've been on the fence regarding Puel but I've had enough now

#PuelOut

So what did Puel do wrong in your opinion?

But but but when Morgan was sent off it’s why Everton won, now we play 10 men and against a let’s face it pretty crap team, no we just scrape a draw. As I’ve said against the big clubs I’ll accept us losing but we really aren’t in the races, just glad there’s a load of gash in this division. Bye bye Puel. 

Disappointing game. Should have won when they went down to 10 men. 

On a positive note, Soyuncu had a decent 1st game and was better than i was expecting. I personally thought Chilwell and Iborra both had decent games. Albrighton as well had a good game (weird that some people thought he was shit.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

We are all over the place.

Vardy gets dropped, then brought on after 45 minutes. What was that about? Puel accepting he was wrong in the first place?

Defensively we could have conceded again after they went down to ten men.

And it takes a wickedly deflected shot to sneak a draw at the last knockings.

Mess..

Nope. Just taking advantage of the West Ham being down to 10. And Vardy missed two sitters.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, FIF said:

We created a lot but the attackers were either offside, poor or hit the woodwork.

Thought Gray was sensational after coming  on. We've missed the spark off the bench.

Chilwell was great too.

Are you now going to show some humility and make it clear that you said we’d win at half time?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We are all over the place.

Vardy gets dropped, then brought on after 45 minutes. What was that about? Puel accepting he was wrong in the first place?

Defensively we could have conceded again after they went down to ten men.

And it takes a wickedly deflected shot to sneak a draw at the last knockings.

Mess..

Quite frankly Col it just isn’t good enough

its boring turgid football to watch and scraping a lucky draw at home against a mid table side is poor

i hope he proves me wrong I genuinely do but sorry to say I just can’t see it happening 

He preaches a possession based game, and that's what we got gifted to us on a plate but we just couldn't break them down. As honorable as his approach is we just don't have the players to play that way and break down teams in this league when they sit back against us. We'll never be above mid-table with this system as to make it work in the PL you need to spend hundreds of millions ala Man City.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Why do we get to about 30 yards out and just start passing sideways? No through balls at all, never anyone trying to put them on the backfoot. It's just turgid, lack of creativity. 

We dont have good players and everyone just stands still.

How the **** is Chilwell our only attacking outlet in a team full of creativity? Why the **** do we only cross into the box when we sold all our attacking players over 6 foot?

The tactics don’t work, the project unfortunately is over for me. 

I’ve been Puel in but after that I’m left speechless.

I need a beer.

• Like 1

At least we got a point, and playing against 11 is not easy as the opposition can just defend their lines. But with 10 games gone we are 12th, behind Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton and Wolves. With the talent in our team and squad we should be higher up the table.

I'm not against the manager, but it wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the next international game. We are just very average and I didn't see us getting a point till they had a man sent off.

Another diabolical performance, come on let's be honest how much decent football have we played this season, we need to stop kidding ourselves, this just isn't working, we need a major change, we have four matches coming we can amass some points, but if we don't, we're sliding down the table with a hard run ahead of us. 

Edited by southfox66
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

He preaches a possession based game, and that's what we got gifted to us on a plate but we just couldn't break them down. As honorable as his approach is we just don't have the players to play that way and break down teams in this league when they sit back against us. We'll never be above mid-table with this system as to make it work in the PL you need to spend hundreds of millions ala Man City.

Then what do you suggest, 10 men behind the ball and lump the hot potato to Vardy?