Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

Just now, Corky said:

You can on the first half though. That was dreadful.

We were by miles the better team at the start of the game, had chances they then improved and scored a goal which was a defensive nightmare.

One goal in it when Noble rightly went off.  I don’t agree you can slag Puel for the performance up to that point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You can’t really judge Puel’s tactics after a backs to the wall 10 man performance by West Ham.

If you can't judge him on matches, what on earth can you judge him on? Every match will have it's quirks, but the manager should be able to exploit those that go their way and turn loses into wins.

That's three on the bounce we've now lost, and in all of them we rarely looked like scoring, and we always look iffy at the back.

Wow.

Puel's dropped Vardy. He's playing Ghezzal. Puel out.

Puel took off Ghezzal and subbed on Vardy. We're still shit... err... Puel out!

I'm not evening saying we played well.

But I feel the pain of the Puel outs: Press leak to destabilise the team, no Vardy for 45 minutes and the ****er still gets a point. 

Can someone please link me to Rebekah Vardy's opinion please? Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not going to join the over-reaction fest. Simplest thing to say is that Vardy is having a rough patch of form, and if he was in any sort of touch we win that game, and it shows what a difference he makes to us as a team.

Win it?

We got a lucky 88th og against 10 men

We need more of a focal point in attack  to make this system work. Vardy is ill suited to it, and in many ways you have to fault Puel for designing a system that fails to extract the best from his star player. We'd do better with a fully fit Slimani up top.

• Like 1

Bare minimum we deserved. Lino on the west stand was a disgrace, telling you now at least 5 of those were on.

West Ham were disgusting - how 11 didn't go about ten minutes from time I don't know - you could see him running in he had no control and was just going for Chilwell. Didn't make contact thankfully but that was wild, no control and all malice, clear red. Shame that the ref was happy to enable them with that and the constant diving.

• Like 1

Just now, jim5000 said:

If you can't judge him on matches, what on earth can you judge him on? Every match will have it's quirks, but the manager should be able to exploit those that go their way and turn loses into wins.

That's three on the bounce we've now lost, and in all of them we rarely looked like scoring, and we always look iffy at the back.

Err, we drew.  :blink:

Just now, The Doctor said:

Bare minimum we deserved. Lino on the west stand was a disgrace, telling you now at least 5 of those were on.

West Ham were disgusting - how 11 didn't go about ten minutes from time I don't know - you could see him running in he had no control and was just going for Chilwell. Didn't make contact thankfully but that was wild, no control and all malice, clear red. Shame that the ref was happy to enable them with that and the constant diving.

Nah, one was incorrect (on Amartey, I think), the rest were all off.

3 minutes ago, Ghezzals First Touch said:

Then what do you suggest, 10 men behind the ball and lump the hot potato to Vardy?

This is 90% of our fanbases wet dream. It is really bizarre. The only club in the world whose fans actively want us to play like a Tony Pulis side.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 4

Gonna say it. Maguire isn't a very good defender.

We got absolutely bailed out by a backsider. Chilly did well, Amartey probably our MotM, Gray was absolutely electric, Iborra lackadaisicaly gets caught out in possesion too often. Maddison wasteful again. Soyuncu was steady and Kelechi takes too long to get his shots off; and Ghezzal bin. Horrifically bad goal we conceeded.

West Ham werent great but they know how to attack teams and where eachother are gonna be without looking, where the runners are ect. they were well coached. Right result, naff performance again

Edited by Jaspa

Uhmm, thought Puel showed real character with his starting line up, but execution was so poor.....the first 20 minutes, nice possession play went out the window, in comes some erratic shit.  West ham were the better team up an until the sending off.

After the sending g off, it was all wing play and bypassed our best player Maddison.

We got a deserved drAw, the next six matches are winnable, after that performance, I can't see us winning g many

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Wow.

Puel's dropped Vardy. He's playing Ghezzal. Puel out.

Puel took off Ghezzal and subbed on Vardy. We're still shit... err... Puel out!

I'm not evening saying we played well.

But I feel the pain of the Puel outs: Press leak to destabilise the team, no Vardy for 45 minutes and the ****er still gets a point. 

Can someone please link me to Rebekah Vardy's opinion please? Thanks.

Rebekah VardyVerified account @RebekahVardy
FollowFollow @RebekahVardy
More

My Hubby didnt shit his kaks, he just thinks the boss is full of shit

• Haha 1

Avoiding the temptation to throw the entire blame at Puel he made at least a couple of unforgivable errors for me. Firstly we wasted a substitution by starting an ineffective or out of form player in Ghezall. Secondly although he allowed Ndidi to push forward for the last 25 mins and he scored, did we need to keep 2 DM's on the pitch for 90 mins? Oh and a third one, when there are constant offsides with through balls try and do something different, spot the trap instead of walking into it, run at them a bit more instead.

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Disappointing game. Should have won when they went down to 10 men. 

On a positive note, Soyuncu had a decent 1st game and was better than i was expecting. I personally thought Chilwell and Iborra both had decent games. Albrighton as well had a good game (weird that some people thought he was shit.)

Only because you fancy the good looking ones like Soyuncu and Albrighton.

• Haha 2