Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

Frustrating second half, must have been 150 offsides, that not the managers fault. We could have scored 4 if it was'nt for there keeper.

I still think we're playing the most creative football for years, but we have'nt got the players to realise Puels ideas.

PUEL IN

Edited by marcymarc666
  • Like 1

We were extremely lucky to draw this, Puel should be thankful to Noble for his brainfart moment. If  Wilf's shot wasn't deflected Fabianski would have no problem catching it and it would end 0-1. Extremely lucky. We played against the weakest West Ham team they've been this season, no Arnautovic (their most important player), no Yarmolenko, with 3rd/4th choice strikers Chicharito and toothless Antonio. 1-1 is only slightly less embarrassing than 0-1.

Glad we have a point but I see no positives after this game. Chilwell was playing well, the rest of our players needs to have a word with themselves. Half of them can't complete the simplest of passes anymore, inexplicable. The way we're playing after conceding is very upsetting. We didn't look like a team last season and we still don't look like it now. This game could spell the beginning of the end for Puel, I'm afraid he's a dead man walking from now on.

Well done to West Ham and Pellegrini who made a good team out of those players. If they were in full strength (Arnautovic, Yarmolenko) even playing with 10 men would give us a tonking

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Puel had the summer to sort out such issues, but the signings we make seem to be rubbish bar one or two... so Puel must be to blame for the lack of options especially upfront 

Every summer is the same. Multiple managers have made multiple waste of money flop signings. Like I said before, if we had someone like Pep we would still be making weird signings like Ward and Ghezzal.

1 minute ago, marcymarc666 said:

Frustrating second half, must have been 150 offsides, that not the managers fault. We could have scored 4 if if it was'nt for there keeper.

I still think we're playing the most creative football for years, but we have'nt got the players to realise Puels ideas.

PUEL IN

Can I have some of what you are on?

We are not creative and these are his players.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Goober said:

All seemed a bit clueless and desperate that. Not very good. At least we’ve knicked a point there so it’s not all doom and gloom but the performance was light years away from that first half at Arsenal. I don’t get it

It was light years from the first half at the Emirates but then Puel altered the formation and made 4 personnel changes to Monday's starting team tonight. He changes the team way too much for my liking. It prevents partnerships and understanding developing. It's no surprise we looked so disjointed in the first half. But for the sending off, the chances are that we would have lost again. At that point they were well on top despite missing several key players.

Fair play, we kept going in the second half and I personally think we deserved a bit of a luck and a point. But when you need luck to snatch a point at home against a limited West Ham team, weakened by injuries and down to ten men for two thirds of the game, it is a worrying sign. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Embarrassing from start to finish.

Iheanacho, Vardy, Iborra and Amartey were static for pretty much the whole game. Okazaki came on and was equally as bad, he just stood in the middle doing absolutely nothing.

They had a player sent off and we still kept 5 players back, even though we were flashing balls across the box and looking for a rebound tap in.

I honestly haven't seen any improvement in this team in the past year, we've not gone forward at all (ironic as most of our play on the pitch is exactly like that). Unfortunately I can only see this ending one way, and that's with Puel being sacked before the end of the season.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I can just picture the dressing room at half time:

”When you go out there I want to all to be offside, then when you get the ball, pass it to the opposition.”

"Remember: we want to pass it around side to side that will really wind up the fans"

What is it with home games against West Ham :nono:

Is Puel really to blame for tonight? Wasn't his fault that our players lacked quality and kept going offside. A whole lot of frustration tonight, luck seemed to be against us, then eventually the luck was with us.

The selection to start with though was poor, Ghezzal was garbage, Iheanacho was garbage. 

We just lacked ideas, if someone can't get on the end of a cross then we don't look like scoring, Albrighton produced some good deliveries yet nobody really commits, Vardy committed once and blazed his header over the bar.

We're just full of inconsistencies and we look like we'll continue in that manner.

1 minute ago, maddog said:

Claude wasn't on the ****ing pitch was he. 

He's managed us well through a massive transitional period where big title winning stalwarts have been dropped and many, many young players have come in. 

Maddison, Chilwell and Gray would not be in the England squad without Claude Puel for starters, most of you goons called Chilwell a liability under Shakespeare and Ranieri, he gets to the England squad under Puel and suddenly he's just amazing but the manager is shit. 

We are a mid table premier league squad and we are in mid table so making par, and we're making par comfortably despite being rubbish at times. 

Sacking Puel would be mental, we are not a champions league side and we aren't even a Europa league one. Get real for **** sake. 

Forever and ever, amen.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Terrible game. Wish we hadnt got rid of all our target men because the amount of times we go wide and cross is ridiculous. Bringing on Okazaki is pointless, Slim would have gotten a brace.

Need to teach the team offside as well.

Slim chance mate

Pretty sure Ulloa would get a hattrick though ;)

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Can I have some of what you are on?

We are not creative and these are his players.

Theses are'nt HIS players, he inherited most of them. Yes it was frustrating, I was tearing my hair out, but that's what happens when you put 10 players behind the ball. This is a team in the making, we have to be patient.

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What's it got to do with attitudes to women ??

Really?

I have to explain?

He quoted Mrs Vardy and then suggested Mr Vardy should put his wife “on a lead”, implying that Mr Vardy should change or control his wife’s utterances.

In 2018, in most of the developed world, women can express their own views without their husbands putting them “on a lead”.

It’s disappointing, but not entirely surprising, that I have to explain this.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Thanks 1

Weird game to decide it but I realised today that I want Puel to stay.  Quite refreshing to try something new, our recent manager downfalls have come because the dressing room ruled. 

We may not have won today but if I was a squad player Id now have hope of game time and the first 11 wont take their positions for granted. 

We will be alright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Theses are'nt HIS players, he inherited most of them. Yes it was frustrating, I was tearing my hair out, but that's what happens when you put 10 players behind the ball. This is a team in the making, we have to be patient.

He has had two transfer windows and money to spend.

You can’t use that tired old excuse anymore.

• Like 1