Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

I have to explain?

He quoted Mrs Vardy and then suggested Mr Vardy should put his wife “on a lead”, implying that Mr Vardy should change or control his wife’s utterances.

In 2018, in most of the developed world, women can express their own views without their husbands putting them “on a lead”.

It’s disappointing, but not entirely surprising, that I have to explain this.

Is it only women that can be put on leads ?? Or is it because you can't say that about women ??

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

I have to explain?

He quoted Mrs Vardy and then suggested Mr Vardy should put his wife “on a lead”, implying that Mr Vardy should change or control his wife’s utterances.

In 2018, in most of the developed world, women can express their own views without their husbands putting them “on a lead”.

It’s disappointing, but not entirely surprising, that I have to explain this.

I completely understand your point and agree. However, if I were Vardy I would be very upset with my wife for posting that. 

41 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A point paper over the cracks for me.

I've been on the fence regarding Puel but I've had enough now

#PuelOut

Same here we’ve been poor very poor at times for a very long time now blowing hot and cold not lasting the pace and if Vardy would have started tonight I think the result would have been much different, I believe he chose to bench Vardy for different reasons other than footballing injury or sickness Vardy admitted he was 100% fit so why did CP bench him and for that reason among many other reasons may be the decision that he may lose his job ?

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is it only women that can be put on leads ?? Or is it because you can't say that about women ??

Vardy ain’t married to a bloke.

If you think that telling Varydy to put a lead on his missus is OK, by all means, carry on.

Edited by Vacamion
Lead not lad

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He has had two transfer windows and money to spend.

You can’t use that tired old excuse anymore.

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He has had two transfer windows and money to spend.

You can’t use that tired old excuse anymore.

It takes more than two transfer windows to built a team to pass the ball, not score on the break. Look at the first 30 minutes against Arsenal, we were awesome, passing them off the pitch, this is Arsenal I'm talking about ! If we sack him it's back to square one and that's plain crazy.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If you think that telling Varydy to put a lead on his missus is OK, by all means, carry on.

But my comment would have been the same if he was ..... so has nothing to do with any attitude to women.

Just now, Vacamion said:

If you think that telling Vardy to put a lad on his missus is OK, by all means, carry on.

I'm not saying it's ok to put a lead on anyone.

The point that I'm making, which you clearly understand, is that being a woman is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Theses are'nt HIS players, he inherited most of them. Yes it was frustrating, I was tearing my hair out, but that's what happens when you put 10 players behind the ball. This is a team in the making, we have to be patient.

It's difficult to be patient when after a year under Puel we are very lucky to get a draw at home with ten man West Ham team who are managed by a guy who's been there for only couple months.

I understand the general idea of patience and that in football one can't expect results overnight but the question is how many more months of patience should Puel be given?

We can only blame so much for the players, but their form depends also on the managers who are working with them daily and should be improving them. Instead I see our players deteriorating as the season progresses.

I've been behind him until tonight. A year on he still doesn't know his best team, let alone best formation. We weren't dreadful on Monday night, didn't warrant 4 changes, 1 or 2 at most. Shows he hasn't got a clue not starting Vardy then realising we've got nothing up top without him.

51 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

He preaches a possession based game, and that's what we got gifted to us on a plate but we just couldn't break them down. As honorable as his approach is we just don't have the players to play that way and break down teams in this league when they sit back against us. We'll never be above mid-table with this system as to make it work in the PL you need to spend hundreds of millions ala Man City.

Absolutely right. His philosophy will only go so far in this League without matching the spending of the top teams.

32 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Watched on telly. He nailed every single one. MotM was West Ham's offside trap.

It worked very well, but Fabianski played a blinder too. 

Puel is not responsible for our poor finishing, We had loads of chances both halves, didn't put them away, and conceded a soft goal from one of their rare chances. 

Puel's subs were good too. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Thought Puel spoke quite well on Radio Leicester, answered some low tone Stringer questions and made his decisions and determinations clearly known - he's improved in that regard

Thought the questions asked were low and clearly trying to bait mistakes from him. But Puel answered strongly and well.

Annoyed they got 3/4 into the interview before asking about Amartey, it should've been the first question. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The thing is the team is as good as its ever been, imagine losing the England players 

We struggle with them, let alone with out

people say we have a shit squad

But good mangers get the best out of players 

Who the hell says this??? We have the best squad we have had in my lifetime (I am 41) and I challenge anyone to debate this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Agreed.

Why aren’t we? 

That what we we should be aiming for surely?

if you don’t have goals to improve then what the fvck are we doing?

accept mediocrity? Never

strive for the best we can possibly be

if you don’t dream you don’t live or breath then what’s the point? 

• Thanks 1