Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham Home 1-1 thread

One of the most frustrating things I’ve noticed  recently  for me is Harry holding onto the ball for far too long and trying to do too much . It’s happened a good few time where he’s gone on one of his surging runs from defence and we look like we’re about to counter attack and he either doesn’t release the ball quick enough or he will try to take too many players on which ends up with him losing the ball  . Still love him though . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

not sure why people think that goal will save him. if we are gonna sack him we’re still gonna sack him. we sacked shakespeare after we rescued a draw late on. we sacked ranieri after a late goal gave us a good shot at the champions league. we sacked pearson after he kept us up. 

the owners are pretty ruthless, i assume they’ll have watched that and if they’ve had enough he’ll be gone, late deflection or not. 

as for the game, who cares. it was a load of shit like we knew it would be. next. 

We knew second half WH would sit back, and they did. And almost snatched a late goal with the 4 on 2 at the back, luckily it fell to the sub.

We struggled really all game to muster many shots on target of any note.

You could tell after 20 mins we were going to struggle, passing it around without any real attacking intent.

Bringing off Iheanacho was a mistake from Puel today, we needed a goal and having Vardy and Iheanacho on for the whole of the second half would have gave us more chance of scoring, looking to Okazaki isn’t the answer so was a pointless substitution to bring on.

Shoud have left him on and swapped Grey for the Debutant centre back once he got his yellow card and gone (sorry to say this) 3-5-2

As I said in a prevous post, why are we getting the ball out wide so much and hitting cross after cross into the box? It frustrates when I constantly see this happening to no avail.

We never get many goals a season from it in open play, and only really have Vardy to aim for isn’t going to go much against 6 foot plus Centre Backs.

We need to be playing Maddison in the hole like when he first joined (abd looked a threat) and have Vards and Iheanacho running off him.

It was all a bit disjointed tonight and the team selection showed.

Hopefully we can stick a few wins and get a bit of momentum back as it’s seems to be 2 steps forward 1 back at the moment.

I like Puels ideas from the start and giving us a look to youth playing in the Premier League needs time, and I hope he gets it as we won’t see the benefits of this for another season or so yet, as we are not the finished article. (I think he knows this tho)

Mistakes will happen but for a good few of these players we have them at the early stages of becoming very good players indeed.

We won’t compete with the Man C  etc on spending power for top top quality players, who hit the ground running, ours will develop over time 

Fairly ok first 5 minutes then pretty much a bore fest.

The red card woke me up and then as you’d expect against 10 men we were the better team, by that I don’t mean great and I don’t feel that we had any (many) great stand out chances, I wouldn’t say we deserved to get an equaliser or certainly go on to win the game.

I feel Ndidi’s goal means Puel fights another day but come on if it’s got to this point, does and should a last minute goal really save him.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Why aren’t we? 

That what we we should be aiming for surely?

if you don’t have goals to improve then what the fvck are we doing?

accept mediocrity? Never

strive for the best we can possibly be

if you don’t dream you don’t live or breath then what’s the point? 

When did I ever say we shouldn't strive? I am just being realistic.

Too many posters want Puel out without having a viable alternative in their mind - it reminds me of some political thing, but the name of it escapes me.

1 hour ago, marcymarc666 said:

It takes more than two transfer windows to built a team to pass the ball, not score on the break. Look at the first 30 minutes against Arsenal, we were awesome, passing them off the pitch, this is Arsenal I'm talking about ! If we sack him it's back to square one and that's plain crazy.

.... so why not keep the same team and formation we started the game with!! 

We were good initially against Arsenal and looked great in the process. Then Puel ops to go to a back four and with the usual outcome. The defence becomes exposed especially at right back with the right side CB not covering the RB. 

We shout about needing stability, it's the reason why why can't sack Puel but where is the consistency on the pitch, how do you attain stability when you change the team game from game. Arsenal have now won 11 on the trot, until we dropped off them we were competive. West Ham are not Arsenal, the same Monday night team should have been able to take West Ham apart.... why doesn't he see this? 

Well I wonder why puel is so reluctant to put iborra further forward. 

There's time when we need additional height like last 15 mins against Huddersfield, Southampton game, and this game. Iborra as no 10 will be handy but Okazaki come instead. 

They are played with 10 men, with maguire, soyuncu, and amartey, one can step up as ball playing defender to pass the ball forward, so ndidi and Iborra can be both create dangerous chance from the box. 

Or we can ask madison to drop deeper, switch positions with iborra as we rely on crosses. 

Okazaki should not come on for this game. Player like mendy will be more handy so the 2 can be focused as additional height in the opposition box

Wish him do better next time 

12 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

I have to explain?

He quoted Mrs Vardy and then suggested Mr Vardy should put his wife “on a lead”, implying that Mr Vardy should change or control his wife’s utterances.

In 2018, in most of the developed world, women can express their own views without their husbands putting them “on a lead”.

It’s disappointing, but not entirely surprising, that I have to explain this.

I think the tweet is fake but for the sake of argument, I think you are too eager to leap on to a perceived PC faux pas (so tiresome) that you are missing the point.

If one is publicly embarrassed by one's partner (male or female) to the extent that a career damaging tweet like that would have done, then I think that the person in question has every right to demand that their partner reign in such public indiscretions.  After all, in this case it is about JV's career, not RV's.

It's not about keeping the little lady quiet.

Edited by murphy

12 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

We are not in the bottom 3, we are mid table in the Premiership. I've been watching Leicester since 1972, most of it in the second tier. People have to be realistic and give managers time to show what they can do. This guy has a proven track record, we must give him time.

Absolutely.  We are 12th.   13pts on course for 49, last five games WWLLD.  That looks to me the definition of midtable mediocrity  .

It was a very frustrating game last night but as long as Puel is delivering midtable in the short term then he should be allowed to continue his long term project.  

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think the tweet is fake but for the sake of argument, I think you are too eager to leap on to a perceived PC faux pas (so tiresome) that you are missing the point.

If one is publicly embarrassed by one's partner (male or female) to the extent that a career damaging tweet like that would have done, then I think that the person in question has every right to demand that their partner reign in such public indiscretions.  After all, in this case it is about JV's career, not RV's.

It's not about keeping the little lady quiet.

Not now, eh...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vacamion said:

You can’t really judge Puel’s tactics after a backs to the wall 10 man performance by West Ham.

Iborra good, Albrighton good.  

“Gazelle”, well, sometimes I wish he was a ginger from Sweden rather than Algerian, because, you know...  :rolleyes:  but he didn’t help his reputation this evening.

Feel awful for Amartey.

Iborra and Albrighton always do an honest job. They suit Leicester’s style and moves play forward.

We will unfortunately continue to suffer problems like we did today and last few games if Puel cannot see the flaws of Ndidi. This man cannot pass and breaks up play. He doesn’t position himself well. It is the little things that count. He is not a Kante who was a good passer. Sadly, he scored (via deflection) so his spot will continued to be guaranteed. Otherwise, I would mind to see Iborra takes over anne partner with Mendy.

Getting rid of Ndidi is the next step needed.

20 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Iborra and Albrighton always do an honest job. They suit Leicester’s style and moves play forward.

We will unfortunately continue to suffer problems like we did today and last few games if Puel cannot see the flaws of Ndidi. This man cannot pass and breaks up play. He doesn’t position himself well. It is the little things that count. He is not a Kante who was a good passer. Sadly, he scored (via deflection) so his spot will continued to be guaranteed. Otherwise, I would mind to see Iborra takes over anne partner with Mendy.

Just right now... I don't really care! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Are you really bothered ............

i mean seriously bothered enough to post this ????

Guest Col city fan

Don’t give a shite. People sometimes get too bound up in football. There’s more to life and something like this hammers it home.

If what seems very likely is now the case, the world has lost a very good and genuine man and it’s awful awful news.

Puel in, or out frankly at the moment I couldn’t give a tinkers