Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Aiyawatt 'Top' Srivaddhanaprabha

Also remember that King Power's monopoly on duty free might end, as there is an auction about to take place for the right to sell duty free in Thailand.

Also Top has been more pro active with decisions regarding sacking managers etc, as Vichai was not really a football person.

Source, an article on Reuters

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Perhaps a bit too early for this, but it will of course have a huge bearing on what happens to our club next.

Before thinking about us, please try to remember that Vichai built from the ground up the King Power group - a conglomerate of businesses. It's not just our club that is suffering, but employees of his many other companies, all of whom also hold in great stead. Top has to think about all of these people as well as his family's wealth and looking after all of those companies on top of Leicester City football club. Even if his family help him (which I am sure they will do), Top needs our support too! He lacks another 27 years of experience that his dad had and will likely be a bit more rash and ill-considered. But that is to be expected and we shouldn't hold it against him. Getting to grips with a change of ownership of just one company is a tough endeavour, but a whole suite of them, plus two football clubs (OHL Leuven) and the Horse Racing means the family have their work cut out for them.

Personally I think the season is a write-off as a result. The emotion around the games and having a young team means it will be difficult for us. BUT the future is still bright for us. Top was the public face of LCFC from the owners point of view and is a massive football fan himself. It's not just been Vichai at the games, but both of them and we are lucky that only one was on board that helicopter because if both were, we would be in deep trouble.

Tragedy can often bring people together and spur people onto greater things. Look at Manchester United who lost most of their first team in the Munich air disaster but still became the first English club to win the European Cup just a few years later. Bobby Charlton emerging as a huge leader for them being one of the few survivors of that crash.

The events of the week will have a huge mark on the lives or the young guns in our team. Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray, Maddison, etc. These sort of events can shape a young person's life and often for the better. Actually havng a season where we no longer have any pressure on us and where these players can play and develop could be a good thing. I think that in the summer Top will have much more time to organise King Power and the club, and then will be able to dedicate more time to us. And that's when I think we might actually go to another level. He knows his Dad loved the club and football, and he will want to do everything in his power to not only fulfill his father's legacy, but perhaps to create his own. Given that his father died here in Leicester, he may see it as unfinished business to take the club to even higher heights.

But first and foremost, remember that he and his family will be grieving even more than us. He will have had cameras shoved in his face since finding out the news and has had to deal with this in the most public way possible. That must be so incredibly tough, so let's get behind him and his family because it's not just Vichai that loves Leicester, it's the lot of them.

You are fast becoming my favourite poster on here. Another near flawless post, agree with every word.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Perhaps a bit too early for this, but it will of course have a huge bearing on what happens to our club next.

Before thinking about us, please try to remember that Vichai built from the ground up the King Power group - a conglomerate of businesses. It's not just our club that is suffering, but employees of his many other companies, all of whom also hold in great stead. Top has to think about all of these people as well as his family's wealth and looking after all of those companies on top of Leicester City football club. Even if his family help him (which I am sure they will do), Top needs our support too! He lacks another 27 years of experience that his dad had and will likely be a bit more rash and ill-considered. But that is to be expected and we shouldn't hold it against him. Getting to grips with a change of ownership of just one company is a tough endeavour, but a whole suite of them, plus two football clubs (OHL Leuven) and the Horse Racing means the family have their work cut out for them.

Personally I think the season is a write-off as a result. The emotion around the games and having a young team means it will be difficult for us. BUT the future is still bright for us. Top was the public face of LCFC from the owners point of view and is a massive football fan himself. It's not just been Vichai at the games, but both of them and we are lucky that only one was on board that helicopter because if both were, we would be in deep trouble.

Tragedy can often bring people together and spur people onto greater things. Look at Manchester United who lost most of their first team in the Munich air disaster but still became the first English club to win the European Cup just a few years later. Bobby Charlton emerging as a huge leader for them being one of the few survivors of that crash.

The events of the week will have a huge mark on the lives or the young guns in our team. Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray, Maddison, etc. These sort of events can shape a young person's life and often for the better. Actually havng a season where we no longer have any pressure on us and where these players can play and develop could be a good thing. I think that in the summer Top will have much more time to organise King Power and the club, and then will be able to dedicate more time to us. And that's when I think we might actually go to another level. He knows his Dad loved the club and football, and he will want to do everything in his power to not only fulfill his father's legacy, but perhaps to create his own. Given that his father died here in Leicester, he may see it as unfinished business to take the club to even higher heights.

But first and foremost, remember that he and his family will be grieving even more than us. He will have had cameras shoved in his face since finding out the news and has had to deal with this in the most public way possible. That must be so incredibly tough, so let's get behind him and his family because it's not just Vichai that loves Leicester, it's the lot of them.

Great post mate.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mendi said:

Aiyawatt 'Top' Srivaddhanaprabha  has a big jobs on his hands, to carry on the good work, his father started. Will his heart be in this ? Sorry to ask this while we are all grieving. 

Don't ask then.  If you ever find you're apologising for sending a message/email, then don't send it.

It's a valid question, but park this for another day.

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Brilliant post written above in full by @StriderHiryu which echoes a lot of my feelings.

However, it would be so fitting for us to go on to win either the League Cup or even better the FA Cup this season in his honour.

This would be such a great tribute to Khun Vichai.

Players like Kasper and Vardy will lead by example and want to honour Vichai’s name through success on the pitch. We don’t have leaders all over the pitch like 15/16, but hopefully the other players follow suit... 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue

If top walked away from the club i hope we'd carry him on our shoulders cheering everything his family has done for our club, if top stays and carrys on his father's work he will know hes with a city and fan base that love him.they owe us nothing, they have gave us everything. 

9 hours ago, Mendi said:

Aiyawatt 'Top' Srivaddhanaprabha  has a big jobs on his hands, to carry on the good work, his father started. Will his heart be in this ? Sorry to ask this while we are all grieving. 

I don't think anyone on here knows the answer to this question, so in my opinion it's not worth asking.

The club statement referred to carrying on Vichai's legacy, so I would assume Top will stay on and finish what they started.

When the time is right and he's ready, we're still in very good hands- he knows the club and has learned first-hand from his father for many years.

I would expect Susan Whealan will step up and run things for the immediate future. Jon Rudkin to as will everyone at the club. Everyone will want to succeed for Vichai and to show Top how they care. 

Just as I'm sure our fans will prove in the coming months and years. 

• Like 1

Big times ahead for the King Power Brand, in 2020 other companies are allowed to bid for the concession they have had on duty frees in Suvarnabhumi

"The current concession is due to expire in 2020, and foreign players such as South Korea's Lotte Corp have shown interest in the business.

Reports indicate domestic firms The Mall Group, Central Group and Bangkok Airways are among those that may compete for it too."

Who knows what the future holds.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Big times ahead for the King Power Brand, in 2020 other companies are allowed to bid for the concession they have had on duty frees in Suvarnabhumi

"The current concession is due to expire in 2020, and foreign players such as South Korea's Lotte Corp have shown interest in the business.

Reports indicate domestic firms The Mall Group, Central Group and Bangkok Airways are among those that may compete for it too."

Who knows what the future holds.

I would imagine King Power have already drawn up plans to deal with this situation, they have known about it for some time, just a bit of scaremongery.

1 hour ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

I would imagine King Power have already drawn up plans to deal with this situation, they have known about it for some time, just a bit of scaremongery.

It will be the first time others have bidded for the concessions.

Thats a huge part of their business.

Im merely ponting out Top and his Mum and their board (the vice chairmen of King Power) will have a lot on their plate in the coming months, as well as dealing with this tragedy.