Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

5 Years Ago

Probably the first match of that season where people sat up and took real notice, there was incredible tension before and we started the game off dominant but not taking full advantage, then we get the jammiest goal of all time plus a great  cheeky celebration at their end and from then on it was all us, they had no answer to it. Knocky getting his redemption at the same end he fluffed up and m'Lord rubbing it in with a looping finish going in. We completely flattened them

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The best bit about that goal, was that the players had obviously talked about giving it the biggun to their fans if we'd scored at that end. Then we score that, and Woody reluctantly has to rile up their fans after the jammiest goal of all time lol 

Also those highlights do us a complete disservice, we battered them. 

Yeah where’s a close up of that ginger kid when we need it 

• Like 1

Honestly can't believe that was only 5 years ago.

In the 4 seasons since, we've pulled off a great escape, won the bloody Premier League, and reached the quarter finals of the Champions League. We now feel like a fully established Premier League side and here to stay, and our Championship days are becoming a distant memory.

I can still remember loads of matches - quite vividly, too - but that whole experience of being in the Championship almost feels like it happened to a different club. There were times only a decade ago where it felt like the second tier was about our level, without much optimism for more. Show's just how far Vichai has brought us.

Whilst clearly not the best goal we've ever scored, Chris Wood scoring off his face has to be up there as one of my favourite Leicester goals - similar to Knocky's scorpion kick - for humour value alone. Even better that it happened against Watford.

9 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

what changed at watford, the away end or where they stuck the TV cameras?

They rebuilt their stand where the cameras are stationed, it was the season afrer where the camera was in the same position as back 5 years ago and you can see mountains of rubble all down the length of the farside of the pitch

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The best bit about that goal, was that the players had obviously talked about giving it the biggun to their fans if we'd scored at that end. Then we score that, and Woody reluctantly has to rile up their fans after the jammiest goal of all time lol 

Also those highlights do us a complete disservice, we battered them. 

If anyone wants extended highlights of this, including the infamous group of lads getting quite upset lol 

What topped it off for me that day was when I got back to the car after the game, some Watford fan had just parked up. 

Goes to me, 'you off to the football mate?' 

Told him it was a lunchtime kick off and he was pissed he missed it!!! lol

Then I told him we won 0-3!

• Haha 1

Our 13/14 season was perfect wasn't it ? Loved that side. Had the perfect mixture of youth and experience, and our togetherness and team spirit was exceptional as well. Only 2 seasons earlier we were a disjointed mess full of ageing journeymen Premier league reserves. Just further highlights the brilliant job Pearson did for us. 

11 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

The most scary bit about that clip is that I simply can't believe that is five years ago. 

Holy hell. Half a decade and I can remember it like it was yesterday. 

It’s mad to think had you said you would win the championship that season,stay up the next,and win the league the following,

even at a million to one no one would have wasted a quid on it,

i told my kids when visiting the stadium this week that that is what vicha will always remember