Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Match Thread

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

If he gave the pen then the red would've been automatically given. That's basic rules.

I know, but rules need to change. This probably came to the ref’s mind. The rule is too blunt. 

It was clearly a hand ball so penalty is fair, but it did not seem to be intentional so a red would have been extremely harsh. Rule needs to change.

Just now, 49er said:

image.png.0684049ad121bedeee50dacb1d120878.png

In view of what we have been through this week, Bamba should have done the honourable thing - walked up to the referee, admitted that he had handled and walked off even before the red card was brandished

• Haha 4

This is almost heart breaking for me to watch. It's clearly hard work for a lot of our guys, particularly for the first 30 minutes. Credit to Cardiff for being poor/taking it easy on us!

We're starting to get it together, building confidence and desire, but I really really don't want us to concede. That could knock us back.

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

Probert was having a disgraceful half even before the handball, the amount of pull backs Cardiff were able to get away with was obscene. That takes the biscuit though, I have no idea how he can look at that and not give it. Something weird is going on with refs this season, the shear volume of exceedingly dodgy decisions going against us is way beyond the usual level.

Perhaps they want VAR and are doing their best to force the issue? :P

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I know, but rules need to change. This probably came to the ref’s mind. The rule is too blunt. 

It was clearly a hand ball so penalty is fair, but it did not seem to be intentional so a red would have been extremely harsh. Rule needs to change.

It's absolutely intentional here, the hand is in no way in a natural position. He acted like a GK and should, rightly, have been sent off.

• Like 1

Unreal how that decision hasn't been given. All the more reason to bring VAR in. We'd be playing 10 men and could have been going in at HT 1 up.

Players seem to be handling the occasion in these circumstances quite well after a bit of a slow start. Think we just about deserve to be ahead. Other than the shot that hit the bar they've not really threatened.

it's sod's fvcking law that Bamba goes on to score no doubt...

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Considering the circumstances we could be 8-0down and it would be hard to blame the players.  It must be so difficult playing at an elite level with something like this going on.  We finished strongly and they are there for the taking.  We can do this.  X

99% will agree with you (me included) but we will no doubt have some ft warriors calling for Puels head and slating the players at the end of the game 

• Like 1

Just now, 49er said:

In view of what we have been through this week, Bamba should have done the honourable thing - walked up to the referee, admitted that he had handled and walked off even before the red card was brandished

Cardiff staying in the Premier League is worth hundreds of millions of pounds to them and would be massive for Bamba’s career.

The man is a professional, there is absolutely no way he should be doing what you’ve suggested.

We don’t deserve special treatment from anybody because of the last week, least of all the opposition.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

this is why VAR is required so these shit refs can get the decisions right

It's just a joke that a league that generates so much revenue - and as a result with the huge financial stakes involved especially for the lower tier clubs - doesn't have VAR. Fans, clubs, players etc deserve the best effort to give fair results.  But even without that, how this knucklehead of a ref could have missed that is amazing.