Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cardiff Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We cannot blame Probert for that. It's the letter of the law and he had to do it, you could see he didn't want to but he will face repercussions if he does not. With the way the rules are probert could easily end up getting removed from matches in future if he purposely disobeys the rules which affects his job. A yellow to Gray really does not. 

Rubbish. He’s a daft cnvt

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

good lad gray.

he's played well today and deserved that.

not sure what people are moaning about tbh - we've played just fine and even more so considering the circumstances. 

let's get another and put this shit to bed

Who's moaning?  Not seen any moaning apart from at the ref! 

1 minute ago, 49er said:

image.png.de12914b33158b2374a5f302942b4e49.png

Darren Deadman?!  We know he would have given a yellow if it was a Leicester player! LOL 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We cannot blame Probert for that. It's the letter of the law and he had to do it, you could see he didn't want to but he will face repercussions if he does not. With the way the rules are probert could easily end up getting removed from matches in future if he purposely disobeys the rules which affects his job. A yellow to Gray really does not. 

The point is he made a massive mistake with the penalty.  And yet that will go completely unpunished and he will not have to explain himself.  Given that how could he be punished for not giving a yellow under these circumstances and yet get off scot free for some tragic referring in general so far.  I get your point but he should have used his discretion there, I am sure any panel would have understood.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Was the ref that didn't book Billy Sharp for the tribute shirt after his kid died reprimanded? It's not as if there's not precedence

Fair point on reflection, I forgot all about the Billy Sharp tribute.

Just now, RumbleFox said:

The point is if he made a massive mistake with the penalty.  And yet that will go completely unpunished and he will not have to explain himself.  Given that how could he be punished for not giving a yellow under these circumstances and yet off scot free for some tragic referring in general so far.  I get your point but he should have used his discretion there, I am sure any panel would have understood.  X

Yeah, that's completely fair mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

no excuses for probert I'm afraid - other refs have ignored the same under similar circumstances

you can tell he's has gone out there with the mind-set today to give us no special treatment as to appear the model professional referee - it's actually just making himself look a twat. 

Little man syndrome!! 

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’m probably the only one who noticed but leading up to the goal that was the first time Albrighton appeared on the left and Gray on the right.

Grays better on the right and Albrightons better on the left imo

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

It's a poxy rule, anyway. It's only implemented because the sponsor isn't visible on the back pages.

I never realized that was the reason, though I suppose it is obvious. Pathetic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

no excuses for probert I'm afraid - other refs have ignored the same under similar circumstances

you can tell he's has gone out there with the mind-set today to give us no special treatment as to appear the model professional referee - it's actually just making himself look a twat. 

Agree.

If he is worried, he should be more worried about missing the penalty!