Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

Great performance but 2 dropped points.

Sure today we know that the situation was impossible but at the end of the season that's 2 points dropped at home to Burnley.

Anyone think we could shoehorn Maddison and Ghezzal into the same team for more creativity?  Something like......

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Mendy/Ndidi  Maddison

Albrighton  Ghezzal  Gray

Vardy

Or is that sh1t?  I dunno.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Some understandably tired legs and minds out there today. 

I'm one of Gray's biggest critics but I thought he played well today. One of his best games for us.

Chilwell and N'didi were really clumsy in possession and awkward to watch.

I don't know if N'didi rifles them into the top bag in training, but for someone seemingly not blessed with the best striking technique, he doesn't half shoot from range a lot. Annoying.

I agree with the N'didi criticism. I think he's literally only in the team because of his octopus style tackling. Other than that his passing and shooting is pretty low level and painful to witness. Good team effort though today, can't fault that. Just disappointed with the score a tad.:appl:

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Anyone think we could shoehorn Maddison and Ghezzal into the same team for more creativity?  Something like......

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Maguire  Chilwell

Mendy/Ndidi  Maddison

Albrighton  Ghezzall  Gray

Vardy

Or is that sh1t?  I dunno.  X

Ghezzal was very basic, Tesco basic

Great team effort and entertaining high tempo game. The will to win was there, we just weren't clinical enough and Burnley despite being poor defended well. The subs were positive but I was disappointed with Nacho, his first touch was terrible. The other worry is Vards' form and lack of pace... All the others I thought played well. Special mention to Grey, Chills, Evans and Ghezzal (my motm). A bit disappointing not to win this, but under the circumstances I think we should applaud the players for giving their best.

Oka made an impact despite being given only few minutes to shine, maybe he should get more playing time especially now when Ian and Vards tend to underperform.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1

We were poor, there is no hiding it. The events of the past fortnight quite rightly overshadow any football match, but we we looked flat after about the 30th minute. We should be fired up.

Don't really understand why we took Albrighton off when we finally brought a half target man on.

On a sidenote, that prematch video was spine tingling. Club did Vichai proud.

Edit - Poor isn't the right word. We looked signifcantly drained is probably nearer to the mark. Not surprising really considering.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Had the sense of being one of those days with all the missed opportunities in the first half. What we got today is further evidence of our achilles heel, - the lack of cutting edge up front. Has to be the priority in January.

Disappointed not to win that but the effort cannot be faulted. 4 points out of 6 in the last 2 weeks is still good going.

Amazing scenes at the end. Pretty much everyone stayed behind and my stream from NBC stuck with it too. Sadly my screen recording didn’t record the sound but everyone was singing for Vichai, Claudio, Nigel, Shakey and the whole team. Overwhelming to see so many faces from our recent past - and beyond - come home to honour the big man. 

Never been prouder to be a Leicester fan. 

• Like 2

I think considering the last few weeks, not to mention the trip to Thailand, we performed well today.  We had 22 shots to their 6 and never really looked in trouble.  With some luck/more clinical finishing we would have comfortably won.  We seem (I say seem as I do not like to tempt fate) to be good enough to be comfortably safe this season.  I know one should never settle for averageness but given the age of our squad I would be happy with a mid table finish and a cup run and ready to step up next season.  We have a very young squad with some exciting players and in terms of the health of our club I feel like we are as well positioned as we have ever really been.  Hopefully we can give Khun Vichai the greatest tribute possible and create a legacy in his name by moving this great club ever upwards.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Had the sense of being one of those days with all the missed opportunities in the first half. What we got today is further evidence of our achilles heel, - the lack of cutting edge up front. Has to be the priority in January.

Disappointed not to win that but the effort cannot be faulted. 4 points out of 6 in the last 2 weeks is still good going.

Im not a fan of isolating Vardy up front so much but that’s a conversation for another day..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We were poor, there is no hiding it. The events of the past fortnight quite rightly overshadow any football match, but we we looked flat after about the 30th minute. We should be fired up.

Don't really understand why we took Albrighton off when we finally brought a half target man on.

I think you have been a little harsh on the players.  We completely dominated a game which must have been highly emotional and the players travelled 1000s of miles in the space of a few days.  Not happy with the result but we were certainly not "poor".  Strange post.  X 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Poor is very harsh. We were relentlessly attacking for most of the game and the reason we looked a bit flat for some of it might have something to do with skipping training to travel 6,000 mile and back again within 36 hours. 

• Like 1

Lads were leggy, we should've scored in the first half. Not impressed with Kelechi's cameo.

It's not about the football today though, it's all about Khun Vichai and what a brilliant way the Club has come together and done it with respect & class. Back on with our Footy in two weeks

Just now, Fightforever said:

Don't bite my head off for this but...

We need a striker in january. Not just a target man but someone who'll eventually replace vardy. He's starting to decline which is quite sad after all he's done for us.:cry:

I was more shocked Inacho, he was today mega shit and has been throughoit

• Like 2

Emotionel day. Proud of everyone!

The lads were surely not a 100%, but gave it all. Burnley lucked out and Mike Dean managed to make me hate refs again, with his yellow for Wes for winning a ball and getting stamped on.

Forever in our hearts!