Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 0-0 Burnley

Obviously don’t want to be too critical but the lack of quality shone through the longer the game went on and lack of options to change it were clear. Followed a similar pattern to lot of home games under Puel unfortunately. 

Unbelievable effort to even get a reasonable level of performance. 

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Poor is very harsh. We were relentlessly attacking for most of the game and the reason we looked a bit flat for some of it might have something to do with skipping training to travel 6,000 mile and back again within 36 hours. 

Yeah, poor might be harsh I'll give you that. You can't fault the effort of the players -  I guess emotion is draining and there has been plenty of that. Just felt like we weren't really sure what direction we were going in at times. Brush ourselves off and look to the end of the month. International break is coming at a good time to get our heads together.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

So we need 2 strikers?

Maybe, depends on who we can get really maybe someone like wesley from club brugge. Someone who has decent pace and can hold up the ball a more complete striker. Whether we can get one is another problem though.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

Gray is now our best striker.

4 from 6 sounds good ( and in the circumstances it is) but that was Cardiff away and Brunley at home. 6 from 6 would have been realistic.

16 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We were poor, there is no hiding it. The events of the past fortnight quite rightly overshadow any football match, but we we looked flat after about the 30th minute. We should be fired up.

Don't really understand why we took Albrighton off when we finally brought a half target man on.

On a sidenote, that prematch video was spine tingling. Club did Vichai proud.

Ave a word.

if I had travelled to and from Thailand in the space of 3 days, with all the jet lag involved I’d probay be in bed for a week. Let alone be able to train and play a full premier league game..

• Like 4

Could have won, unlucky with a few chances Gray, Okazaki, Vardy on another day we win 1-0 think you could tell that we wasn't up to full fitness which was to be expected.

Chillwel looked fatigue badly and won't do him any good going on international duty

Ghezzal had a good game made a lot of things happen so you can expect a few mistakes from him but he looks good imo.

Mendy didn't really turn up today wish he would get forward more and play the ball forward as he is capable of it.

other than that a much need 2 weeks rest for some of the players, a lot to be done yet but this was more about Vichai today the result doesn't really matter.

We were the better side, on another day would have won comfortably. However, I've no idea how Ghezzal finished the match, he was their best defender with how regularly he killed off our attacks (and only one sub made before 5 minutes left when on top and looking to press home the advantage was really poor from Claude)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

I hope ALL the players now have a good rest as no game next week. Not even for there country if picked after the last 2 weeks they need time to recoup there energy and relax.

Unfortunately quite a few of them have the meaningless "Nations Cup" or something to attend to......

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

We were the better side, on another day would have won comfortably. However, I've no idea how Ghezzal finished the match, he was their best defender with how regularly he killed off our attacks (and only one sub made before 5 minutes left when on top and looking to press home the advantage was really poor from Claude)

I thought Ghezzal was good

We have no subs to bring on. Bless Nacho, he has ability but his mentality is often not right and today was one of those days. Trying too hard

Shinji almost made a difference to be fair

We made a lot of good chances today. I thought it showed that Puel's tactics are not a problem, we just dont have enough finishers atm. No Mahrez to feed Vardy :(

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

So we need 2 strikers?

I said along these lines in the post match thread. We really do need nother striker along with Vardy. 

Preferably a target man.. We put in so many corners / crosses etc into the box i think we could benefit so much with someone big to stick his nut on the ball. Surprised since Maguire wasnt playing and it was a home game we didnt drop one of Mendy or N'didi for Iborra, specifically for this reason. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 2

Evans MOM for me, thought he dealt with everything confidently and distribution was good. Ricardo was good as well. Vardy did well just not happening in front of goal, should have done better when through on the 60th min though. 

Chilwell struggled, Mendy not his best and Ndidi was an inconsistent as ever. 

Ghezzal was excellent first half but then tried to do too much in the second. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Evans MOM for me, thought he dealt with everything confidently and distribution was good. Ricardo was good as well. Vardy did well just not happening in front of goal, should have done better when through on the 60th min though. 

Chilwell struggled, Mendy not his best and Ndidi was an inconsistent as ever. 

Ghezzal was excellent first half but then tried to do too much in the second. 

Agree with you on everything except i didnt think Chilwell had a bad game. He made the odd error but he is fast becoming my favourite LCFC player. The improvement from last year is ridiculous. 

He really is going to be an outstanding player and hard to keep in a year or 2. 

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I thought Ghezzal was good

We have no subs to bring on. Bless Nacho, he has ability but his mentality is often not right and today was one of those days. Trying too hard

Shinji almost made a difference to be fair

We made a lot of good chances today. I thought it showed that Puel's tactics are not a problem, we just dont have enough finishers atm. No Mahrez to feed Vardy :(

First twenty minutes yes, but beyond that he offered little to nothing.

I do feel for Vardy. England never played to his strengths and now Leicester aren't either. He looks so isolated when he plays as the lone striker. I can't remember the last time he played well on his own but we persist with it.

Needs to be in a front two.

• Like 1